You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

After a 3k damage tier 6 game...

32 comments in this topic

[KMS-A]
121 posts
3,833 battles

Again, Italian cruiser is just terrible. Will definitely be the last ship I ever want to play.

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

If I could, I would scrap it for steel instead and use the proceeds to buy Somers.

[SALT]
1,627 posts
9,781 battles

3k dmg ? did you detonate early in match

They are bad, but not that 3k BAD

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,190 posts
10,986 battles

doing 3k in a battle?

i detect misplay or misfortune

But again italian cruiser is very lousy

Edited by Gummilicious

3,570 posts
7,265 battles
13 minutes ago, humusz said:

They are bad, but not that 3k BAD

They are 30k bad (at T6). 3k bad is T2 bad.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

Piece of shit Jenova. Yes SAP can go heavy damage to dds. Then you basically wait and get pummeled while waiting for your next SAP reload if you don't die first.

Alternatively, you can play snipe snipe snipe. But don't we have enough of that already? -_-

[CLAY]
1,819 posts
10,116 battles
10 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Piece of shit Jenova. Yes SAP can go heavy damage to dds. Then you basically wait and get pummeled while waiting for your next SAP reload if you don't die first.

Alternatively, you can play snipe snipe snipe. But don't we have enough of that already? -_-

So... if I am eventually going to grind Italians (I probably will, but I’ve got almost every other line to do first), it would be a good idea to have the T8 camo to help reduce losses. Unless T8 is actually good half decent?

3,570 posts
7,265 battles
16 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

So... if I am eventually going to grind Italians (I probably will, but I’ve got almost every other line to do first), it would be a good idea to have the T8 camo to help reduce losses. Unless T8 is actually good half decent?

Pasta cruisers have poor concealment (compare to her gun range) but the Amalfi has access to Concealment Mod. 1 so go figure.

Also T8 perma camos suck, providing the exact same bonuses as T6 and T7 perma camos despite having a higher price (in either Doubloon or Token).

If I have 750 tokens I'll either blow that into containers or prem time.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

Amuffin disgraces the name of Muffins. Muffins are completely horrified that something as bad as that are being sold as muffins.

If you want to buy the camo beforehand, fine, but hold off the pain of grinding until they are fixed.

What I can sum up is that the pasta battleships are just cheap knockoffs of proper Italian battleships. The reload of a bb but the flimsiness of a cruiser.

[FORCE]
917 posts
10,024 battles
48 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Also T8 perma camos suck, providing the exact same bonuses as T6 and T7 perma camos despite having a higher price (in either Doubloon or Token).

If I have 750 tokens I'll either blow that into containers or prem time.

This is the reason why I only spent my tokens for Zara's camo & some containers. I mean at least Zara (and possibly Trento) are probably more comfortable to play in scenario battles.

3,570 posts
7,265 battles

Pasta cruisers are getting a buff guys. So massive a buff I couldn't even bother creating a new thread about it.

ST, changes to ricochet angles of SAP shells

Italian cruisers of tiers III - IX:

- The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for SAP shells is increased from 65 to 70 degrees.

This change will make SAP shells more effective against targets that are angled sharply.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

Edited by Paladinum

75 posts
2,030 battles

The thing that is most stupid about this SAP is that DDs are by far the worst class to play already.  Somebody had the idea to give new ships an even better way to hurt them.

DD life is currently stupid. So few people are playing DDs, I have had games with 3 CVs and one DD. The rockets can't miss, and do critical damage every time. Meanwhile, the torps have been nerfed for damage, range and speed. EVEN IF.... even if you survive the CVs in the opening minutes, and even if you set and get a strike with your torps, they do less  % damage to a ship than a CV can do with one simple rocket salvo to a DD. 

Given how unbalanced life is for the DD, it is just incredible that the game developers introduce a new ammo that targets DDs, and which leaves the strongest ships in the game alone.

It should be exactly the opposite. The ammunition type should be useless against DDs, and dangerous to CVs.

Why not create a premium ship with AA that actually hurts a CV?

CVs are always the last ships alive. DDs are always the first to go. CV players get the most from the game, DDs get the least.

Who had the idea to invent new ammo to harm DDs?

Did they want to unbalance the game even more?

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles
On 10/31/2019 at 8:37 PM, Paladinum said:

Pasta cruisers are getting a buff guys. So massive a buff I couldn't even bother creating a new thread about it.

I cannot detect whether you are being sarcastic about it or truly happy for it or both or neither.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
2 hours ago, SidTheKnife said:

Who had the idea to invent new ammo to harm DDs?

Did they want to unbalance the game even more?

I had the same impression. I think you're the first person concerned by this besides myself.

That was quick to realise, oh another anti DD.

BB, CA faster than DD, check.

BB with radar, check.

DD good at hunting DD, check.

BB with devastating HE check.

BB with Cruiser concealment check.

Cruiser with gun boat DD concealment check.

Cruiser with lower concealment than her own radar, check.

CV check.

Secondaries builds check. About this, i think Venezia is a good secondaries build candidate. I just need to check HE penetration for feasibility. Those guns looks like twin 90mm.

One check might be subtle, but it adds up.

What i found very lacking with those cruisers is how to counter BB.

This SAP is trollish to me. Just this day, i had a citadel to a Pyotr Veliky with a SAP.

Also this day, i land shells at just another Pyotr's bow broadside with 0 damage. Like WTF happened ?

Spoiler

263392874_2019-11-13(6).thumb.png.6fb0ab85b5ea90a05e0af6fe8163b1ff.png

A very good DD hunter, but hard countered by BB.

It sounds familiar with the Pan Asian DD concept, RN CL or Asashio.

Hard counter ponies.

Performance wise, i don't think they're utterly bad.
Just look at these :

Note the Italian Cruisers at both sides. Even the worst, it still has Genova at 3rd place.

Spoiler

1610216588_2019-11-08(1).thumb.png.125c75bdccf0b3b0c9337e6275b00797.png815059927_2019-11-08(2).thumb.png.2db96e4fcbd0ecf5eb1d002f2ba19e8e.png1066289338_2019-11-08(3).thumb.png.3a4787e50c46cbdbf73a58c6c87b0800.png1509540693_2019-11-08(4).thumb.png.c6f988ea92c38a80ff73e0a4a39d7c17.png

I can prolong the list further. Because it happened too often for me to see.

Most my good games with Genova were by killing DD and cruisers. That's alone, in this BB meta is good enough, idk why. Score was good.

Never had Kraken yet with her, also my max damage was just around 78K.

Still not as horrible as playing Jaguar.

*Jaguar and Guepard, really i often confused. Jaguar is a lot stronger than Cheetah but she is a lower tier.

It is like if my average damage with Genova is 30K, Jaguar is 20K.

Also, Furutaka's performance is getting worse. Did WG stealth nerf the sigma again?

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

After 3 games in the Venice,
1. Still same issues with pasta cruisers in general.
2. Compensated a little by having the most guns (15 guns) on a cruiser apart from the smelly.
3. Eats poorly armoured ships/areas but bad followup (reload)
4. Very unforgiving if you have the wrong ammo loaded at the time.
5. Ramming does more effective and consistent damage.
6. Performs poorly when uptie... Oh wait, I am top tier. No problems with performance then except when you meet T9/10 BBs.

Also, Goodbye Amuffins captain. You got a promotion to Governor of Venice.

shot-19_11.14_13_02.14-0339.thumb.jpg.08d05c3ef86d0494aaeb99a61f58c3a6.jpgshot-19_11.14_13_21.14-0436.thumb.jpg.052110b461fdd512a132bd244e0ea67b.jpg

Game 1 and 3.

• Cool 1

[KMS-A]
121 posts
3,833 battles

New personal record: 1601 dmg. What happened? Was hiding behind an island and there came a BB, couldn’t hide from any angle and are citadels in smoke.

I have good results in all cruisers, American, Soviet, jap, uk, French, German you name it. I quite enjoy cruiser gameplay but you just cannot play italian like a cruiser.

wouldnt have touched it if were not for a twitch mission.

3,570 posts
7,265 battles

I once scored a 'personal best' for capping an enemy base (in Standard Battle) in my Shiratsuyu and dealing 0 damage.

BEAT THAT :cap_rambo:

shot-17.12.30_09.15.03-0022.jpg

[BLESS]
822 posts
8,137 battles

I have played a couple of games in Trento.

It's not bad, but it seems to require more effort for less effect than the other T6 cruisers.

Trento feels like a downgraded Yorck. Since she's only T6 that's not a bad thing, necessarily, but overall it just comes across as average. Not difficult, exactly. She's quick, maneuverable, and the gun handling and torp firing arcs are enjoyable... surviving isn't so hard, it's doing damage that's the problem.

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I once scored a 'personal best' for capping an enemy base (in Standard Battle) in my Shiratsuyu and dealing 0 damage.

Yep. I remember doing that a couple of times. Can't remember dd but basically all I did was spot in my IJN DD, spam torps and stay hidden. Essentially important work that was poorly rewarded.

31 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

It's not bad, but it seems to require more effort for less effect than the other T6 cruisers.

Essentially what I put is as "situation dependent". If you are in the wrong position, you're not going to perform. So far the only macaroni cruiser I can get to perform consistently is the Venice. And *shock*, it's always top tier in its games.

However, not doing damage results in poor returns and as some insistent people put it "damage is important if not THE most important matrix".

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[FORCE]
917 posts
10,024 battles

Does this count?

shot-19_08.27_11_58.10-0087.thumb.jpg.45a67349267fa3e981032fad30b3dfe2.jpg

Yeah I did some plane damage, but 0 ship damage. I tried to do some damage, but I had no way to get out the epicenter without being fired.

Edited by Sir_Feather
  • Funny 1

[ANZAF]
203 posts
4,128 battles

Oh man I hate those Epicentre maps as a DD when you whole team heads for the sides of the map and you are left in the middle trying to manage caps. 

[SPCTH]
324 posts
7,118 battles

Shells are weak and inconsistent. Not fond of them. Although ive played about 8-9 games in the Trento and won all of them. Go figure. With the Mont and Zara is a real struggle.

75 posts
2,030 battles

I just had a battle in the Trento where I landed 49 hits AND a torpedo. Total damage: 39K.

lol.

Such a waste of time!!!!!

You are dangerous to nobody. Ever.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

As Dejiko's said, wait until you get your hands to the higher tier pastas.

I found Amalfi is quite an upgrade from Zara. With her 37 knot speed, improved concealment.

And oh, make good use of the smoke and spotter plane. Use the smoke offensively and defensively.

No BB is happy when a smoke coming to their way.

And i found they're the only ship can sail broadside preemptively, if things get hairy, pop a smoke and scat.

I mean, it is often if you're playing CA, you'll angle before an island corner. It has not always the case with pasta cruisers.

Spotter plane is a damage saver, with their lack of range.

Also be careful with the weird shell drag, i often missed aim thanks to that. They're faster at short range, but incredibly slow after like 12km. As if there is a drag chute attached to the shell, deployed at certain range.

Interestingly, the drag chute doesn't seem to apply when spotter plane is in effect.

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles
3 minutes ago, Brunswickz said:

I found Amalfi is quite an upgrade from Zara. With her 37 knot speed, improved concealment.

Wait until you get Venice Beach. Her module assisted 17s-ish reload is a pain BUT since you are top tier and you have the second most guns on a cruiser, your shortcomings are sorta masked. Kinda. Maybe. Oh who I am I kidding. It is just only better than its predecessors. by virtual of not getting anything higher tiered than it. 

Perhaps it is better in randoms because humans love to show you their broadside, but if you meet people who put bow on to you (as in the case with bots who seem to know my shell selection - wait, you don't have HE on pasta cruisers) , you're going to underperform. 

As an aside, I may have mentioned this in the past but playing CV against humans is easier than in coop. The love of static play by humans makes it easier to drop your armaments.