You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Zoom1

German BBs need changes ? 🙄

26 comments in this topic

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles

Aren't German battleships perform weak compared to rest of the nations?. Have to struggle real hard in order to get a decent score. 😓

Edited by Zoom1

787 posts
3,369 battles

How do you manage to get the German Elite emblem by only 2K games?

Back to the topic, yes. They are designed as brawlers, but the current meta prefers long-range gunnery from a safe distance which the German battleships are ill-suited to. And a number of ships now are better brawlers than German battleships. In addition a brawler build is resouce hungry compared with a classic build.

3,544 posts
7,243 battles

WG (aka just Sub_Octavian) said that they MAY buff German BBs this year.

Don't hold your breath. Harbor no hope. Expect nothing.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
786 posts
7,776 battles

I was going to tag @Paladinum but already posted.

With WG, take everything they say with salt. A lot of salt.

No submarines, 2 years later submarines

We will rework NTC, only renames it 

We don't want Rubbish Burnheap (RB), ignores out cry and pushes it anyway

We are doing are best to improve the game, pumps out more content insted of fixing bugs and balance the game.

We will implement new sounds, botches everything on release

Implements Italian cruisers, nerfs them last minute

Please continue if you can remember all their misdemeanors.

Why WG has to be so stingy. Why?!

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles
44 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Back to the topic, yes. They are designed as brawlers, but the current meta prefers long-range gunnery from a safe distance which the German battleships are ill-suited to. And a number of ships now are better brawlers than German battleships. In addition a brawler build is resouce hungry compared with a classic build.

😅😅

So we wait for new meta in which germans are good at eh.

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles
50 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

😅😅

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles
28 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG (aka just Sub_Octavian) said that they MAY buff German BBs this year.

Don't hold your breath. Harbor no hope. Expect nothing.

Good advice. 😅😅

[CLAY]
1,807 posts
10,085 battles
6 hours ago, Zoom1 said:

😅😅

Does anyone know if the meta on other servers is different enough to allow brawler builds to do well? Is it a universal or just a SEA thing?

[MRI]
2,589 posts
12,682 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Does anyone know if the meta on other servers is different enough to allow brawler builds to do well? Is it a universal or just a SEA thing?

Imo it is not a matter of meta, but more the fact that the Germans have been powercreeped.

Secondaries? French BBs and the US Premiums like Massa and Georgia are just as good if not better. 

Survivability and close quarters engagements? Russian BBs.

Edited by Thyaliad

[TLS]
2,849 posts
18,201 battles

The issue is that apart from secondaries and Fireprone HP pool, there is nothing else that makea them stand out. As Thyaliad pointed out, if you want to brawl, T9/10 French, MA and Ge have equally good if not better secondaries AND can hit more consistently at a distance. So, why should I take a one trick pony when I can get a better deal with a more flexible build?

[TF44]
365 posts
3,642 battles
11 hours ago, Zoom1 said:

Aren't German battleships perform weak compared to rest of the nations?. Have to struggle real hard in order to get a decent score. 😓

G'day Zoom.

Yeah, you are spot on. 

I have been trying out different set ups with "Tirpitz" to try and make her more usefull in the early stages of "Random" match's. A bit to no avail unfortunately. ---- abandoned secondary build and CE. I have tryed Target accusition. Improvement is --- well, Negligable. (Shell's landing all around target but no hits) Even when they hit they usually richochet or if HE shatter or little damage. All this with 2 19 point captains. One from Gniesanau and one from Bismarck.

Testing in co-op and training room (unapposed situation) can result in some hits at extreme ranges, 15 -> 20km, using the float plane. Mind you It is nice to citadel a carrier occasionaly at 17km even if it is only against "Bot's". (Payback B****. --- err umm, Not a nice lady). 

So for me, it is just sticking to co-op and scenarios where the KM BB's do pretty good. Scharnhorst in Narai. Lovely. :Smile_great: Bismarck in T8 Clan wars can be Good when it fits the team plan and you can Co-Ordinate your strategy using Discord.

Sorry for the long winded reply. Unfortunately, the neglect by WG of the KM line and the stupid ammo selection of the RN line has really got under my skin as these 2 lines are the ones that contain my favourite ships from history. This meen's as far as random  battles are concerned, I will abandon the KM and RN lines until WG wake up to the fact change of focus is required with these lines to keep peoples interest in them.

For Random Battles USN & IJN look out, Here I come as I want to really start to get involved in "Random's" and have a chance of doing OK.

Cheer's

GLHF

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The issue is that apart from secondaries and Fireprone HP pool, there is nothing else that makea them stand out. As Thyaliad pointed out, if you want to brawl, T9/10 French, MA and Ge have equally good if not better secondaries AND can hit more consistently at a distance. So, why should I take a one trick pony when I can get a better deal with a more flexible build?

WG doesn't get it. 😓

[EZPZ]
35 posts
2,628 battles

i personally want concealment buff and more accurate secondaries. maybe the buff will help KM BB to be more comfortable at brawling.

[TLS]
2,849 posts
18,201 battles

I would suggest 11 to 12km secondaries preBFT/AFT, keep the main battery dispersion. I can imagine it having secondaries equivalent to main guns of some ships. GOOD. It allows German BBs to perform their intended role.

3,544 posts
7,243 battles

Russian BBs have the dispersion gimmick that should have been available to German BBs for years.

If the ship is designed (or ADVERTISED) as CQC master, then everything about the ship is supposed to emphasize that trait. Everything that gets in CQC range gets melted, pelted and pummeled into submission or, better, a wreck.

Secondary build is demanding as heck and requires serious skill to put into effective use. But even then, it doesn't compensate as much as other long-ranged 'sniper' ships.

• Cool 2

[TF44]
365 posts
3,642 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Russian BBs have the dispersion gimmick that should have been available to German BBs for years.

If the ship is designed (or ADVERTISED) as CQC master, then everything about the ship is supposed to emphasize that trait. Everything that gets in CQC range gets melted, pelted and pummeled into submission or, better, a wreck.

Secondary build is demanding as heck and requires serious skill to put into effective use. But even then, it doesn't compensate as much as other long-ranged 'sniper' ships.

Exactly.

It really is annoying with the KM BB line that just some simple adjustments to their gunnery, ammo and secondaries, that these could bring a bit of "balance" to these ships and make them at least enjoyable to play again.

GLHF

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles

They definitely need to reduce chances of catching fire with above buffs can't even peek a little bit without getting burnt to death. 

But who knows whether WG even listen to players opinions.😅😅

[TF44]
365 posts
3,642 battles
4 minutes ago, Zoom1 said:

But who knows whether WG even listen to players opinions.😅😅

Hmm. --- Yes true. But I have noticed from time to time that one or another of our Moderators calls by with a comment. And where we have an issue, They will take it up with WG. The results of that are by nature "In house" and remain so unless WG want to release that sort of info.

Aussie_ Tigershark. ---> From now on A_T or just Tiger. :Smile_Default:

[EX0]
332 posts
17,052 battles

They should re-enact those manual secondaries to work on both sides for like old times when the skill didnt exist yet :cap_rambo:

3,544 posts
7,243 battles

For anyone who's wondering if the powercreeping of German BBs (or all German ships) has been an Asia-only thing, read the comments in this video.

Some of the top liked comments:

Victim of being neglected for years.

The whole German tech tree, that is.

Is this a joke? Buff the ship already.

This vid is the most attention WG's given the GK since it's release

>garbage dispersion
>tiny guns
>worse secondary range than Republique
>worse secondary dispersion than USN secondary ships
>no special heal or damage control
>terrible torpedo protection
>gigantic superstructure
>50mm deck gets cucked by IFHE Henri
>secondary build allows for no fire prevention
>doesn't even get to be called the BB with the most hp anymore, nothing is sacred

"German BBs are in a good state right now, and we do not intend to do anything"

it was once the "legendary battleship H" , but currently everyone kills him and literally the Germans are the worst branch of the entire game.
-montana removes more HP than you can recover
-conqueror disarms it in fires
-republique hits you with incredible ease
-yamato tears it from any angle
-kremlin ... the Russian ship does what it wants with the German and not even mention the cruises and their HE, the aircraft carriers attack you without being able to defend yourself, the destroyers with their torpedoes ... and no, the hydro search does not help, since it is so large that you can not turn it well, and you must decide to configure it or resistance (but eat at least 1 torpedoes yes or yes, because you don't maneuver on time) or maneuverability (and they demolish you alive in fires). you don't have the resistance of the kremlin, you don't have the HE shells of the conqueror, you don't have the recharge of the republique, you don't have the firing pressure or the range of the yamato and you don't have the great AP shells of the Montana, just a set of secondary weapons that you will never use, because you can't get close.

If we add to that:
-that its dispersion is pathetic
-that its reach is mediocre (with legendary low even more)
-that in tier 10 everyone demolishes it to HE from more range than it can return the blows.
-You're HUGE, so there are more points to hit easily ...literally if you use it you are below the food chain , it really surprises that they have that imbalance
(and a video does not solve it), but according to you, everything is "perfectly balanced"

Yeah it's crystal clear what the state of German ships is, GK in particular.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 4

[POI]
960 posts
9,609 battles

In other BBs I can at least do something even when my team decided to lose from beginning of the game, but not GK (except delaying the inevitable of defeat by pushing in hard)

I have most games in GK and I did quite ok with her, but well, most of the time it is frustrating to play

• Cool 1

[-ISO-]
879 posts
5,859 battles

For me, this kind of thread is in other perspective kinda discouraging and regretful. I have 225k freexp and I am almost there to unlock GK. Sadly the meta has changed. The current situation in the game shows how unbalanced the playstyle is. There are just more people sniping instead of brawling. This is why we make these threads about the necessity of buffing German BBs and supporting the voice of others who feels the burden too. Sadly, WG will only listen to players when the volume of complains is rising high. But now, people are leaving the poor German BB line and ignore them. The result? people stop complaining and doesn't give a sh1t to it anymore.

• Cool 1

[SSN]
8 posts
2,620 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

For anyone who's wondering if the powercreeping of German BBs (or all German ships) has been an Asia-only thing, read the comments in this video.

Some of the top liked comments:

Yeah it's crystal clear what the state of German ships is, GK in particular.

I wonder whether WG even read the comments of this video or they may be trolling the German bb players. 😅😅