Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Operations channel SEA vs NA

25 comments in this topic

3,570 posts
7,256 battles

It's time to convert all those who doesn't use English or my mother tongue I guess:Smile_trollface:

Ding dong,

your language is wrong

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles

We are cuter and have cuter emojis.

Or more to the point: work on your damn client to make it IME compatible properly. 

• Cool 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,547 posts
12,617 battles

welcometoasiaserver.jpg

[PATEN]
Moderator, Alpha Tester, Super Tester, ST Coordinator, Privateer, Clantest Coordinator
453 posts
4,608 battles

use google translate :Smile_trollface:

Just kidding. Why talking when we can just keep shooting ships.

[KNCOL]
260 posts
6,663 battles
On 10/28/2019 at 12:49 PM, TheAzure said:

Just kidding. Why talking when we can just keep shooting ships.

Indeed.

Less talk more play.

[MRI]
2,602 posts
12,712 battles
48 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Indeed.

Less talk more play.

Tbh I can't help but think the same thing when I look at the in-game chat on NA.

So full of useless and distracting chatter.

Imo they would be better players simply by concentrating on the game more and chatting less.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
4 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Tbh I can't help but think the same thing when I look at the in-game chat on NA.

So full of useless and distracting chatter.

Imo they would be better players simply by concentrating on the game more and chatting less.

As opposed to a player firing box language at you while doing something retarded? About the only time I have or see any fun in game chat is with a few Aussies in one game. Rest of the time its boxes or silence.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MRI]
2,602 posts
12,712 battles
41 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

As opposed to a player firing box language at you while doing something retarded? About the only time I have or see any fun in game chat is with a few Aussies in one game. Rest of the time its boxes or silence.

Doesn't matter if it is in boxes or English or Arabic or whatever.

I don't need grandmother stories of why a ship is overpowered or underpowered or the enemy is lucky and your team noob. Neither do I need a running commentary of how many citadels you got, how many citadels you took or how you were screwed or blessed by RNG.

There is nothing wrong with chatting in-game but there is a point where too much info becomes too much info. Because every second spent reading and typing in chat is one less second of attention which could have been spent on actually playing the game. There is a reason why militaries train their soldiers to keep chatter to a minimum while in combat. This is one aspect I liked in the movie Dunkirk - their pilot chatter was brief, concise and much more realistic than what one would expect from other Hollywood war films.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 5

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
55 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I don't need grandmother stories of why a ship is overpowered or underpowered or the enemy is lucky and your team noob. Neither do I need a running commentary of how many citadels you got, how many citadels you took or how you were screwed or blessed by RNG.

There is nothing wrong with chatting in-game but there is a point where too much info becomes too much info. Because every second spent reading and typing in chat is one less second of attention which could have been spent on actually playing the game. There is a reason why militaries train their soldiers to keep chatter to a minimum while in combat. This is one aspect I liked in the movie Dunkirk - their pilot chatter was brief, concise and much more realistic than what one would expect from other Hollywood war films.

Funnily enough, the most common thing I read when chat isnt in boxes is how much people hate CV's lol. What an amazing thing........

[SALT]
1,627 posts
9,779 battles

Maybe WG should have Voice in Game so Asian Player can Curse CV player in 8 diffrent language :Smile_trollface:

so instead of reading boxes, everyone can learn language faster 🤣

• Funny 2

[S_O_D]
87 posts
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Mmm. Too much info has indeed become too much info, esp the tangent going off in the direction of Mil Trg and Hol-movie's when the subject is about the chatter in an Arcade game. :Smile_popcorn:

[KNCOL]
260 posts
6,663 battles
On 10/29/2019 at 6:17 PM, Thyaliad said:

This 100%. 

Quick commands and map pings are all you need to communicate with players. 

I actually find people frequently chatting in English very distracting and irritating.

709 posts
19,634 battles
7 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

This 100%. 

Quick commands and map pings are all you need to communicate with players. 

I actually find people frequently chatting in English very distracting and irritating.

That's super helpful when you're in port and trying to find a division... /s

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,776 posts
14,342 battles

I may be kind of derailing my own thread here (fair's fair I guess 😛 ) and @Bex_o7's comment above is bang on the money (I made a thread about how hard it is to get a div not read boxes in combat...)

BUT... some people have commented on the downside of people typing English in in-game chat...?

I get there's a cross cultural element/tension here but are you serious? That just sounds like an ethnic tit for tat and it edifies no one.

I recently had my first Nicholas game on NA server. I had like a 4/5 point untrained captain on a stock hull with no camoflague. It was a T5-T7 game and I slumped in despair... Now on SEA, going into a T5-T7 game with my Hill or Nicholas is simply fun and challenging but on a fresh account with no veteran benefits and up against Yorcks, Gneisenaus and Sinops... well I was not looking forward to it.

As the battle started I apologised to my team, explained the situation and told them I would smoke into cap (it was Domination on Fault Line) and do my best to spot for them. A Helena and a Fiji immeadiately repsonded in chat and moved instantly to take advantage of my offer. I did as I said and dropped speed boosted smoke in as long a stream as I could - giving my cruisers room to manoever. I raced out of my smoke and spotted for my team. On my flank, other ships responded and chatted. Thinking I wasn't going to last long, I bait fired at enemy DDs and dropped area denial torps as much as I could.

Surprised to last until my second smoke was ready, I told my team in chat that I was about to smoke again and again, in chat, several ships responded and moved to the right place to take advantage of the smoke push that I was enabling.

By the time we had won our flank, the ships on our other flank had secured their cap and we had a points advantage but we were a couple of ships down compared to the enemy.

The team briefly discussed this and I shot south to spot a Kamikaze (someone else securing the kill) before swingning back to the middle to defend B cap.

Which we did. I dropped my last smoke (after communicating to my team this was going to happen) and recklessly baited an enemy Yorck and a Gneisenau who were trying to take B.

My cap reset peppering, torps and WASD hax kept me alive while my team swept in from the south (having gone a long flank).

As the game ended, the enemy team offered several "GG"''s and "well played" and many on my team replied in the same way.

We won the game through constant communication WITH RANDOMS and I picked up a couple of MAKRA at the end.

I have never had an experience like this in some 4 years of play on SEA. It just doesn't happen. Not to that scale and efficiency. There was constant, useful, brief chat. It was satisfying and fun. It felt like a team game.

If gaming on SEA was like this I would simply not even be considering a move to NA if it becomes available.

• Cool 2

62 posts
6,678 battles

Well said Max.  Hurry up and do it WG.  I'm ready to bail.  Suitcases are packed and I know we won't be missed so all good.

• Cool 2

[KNCOL]
260 posts
6,663 battles
2 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

That's super helpful when you're in port and trying to find a division... /s

Who needs divs when you can solo play.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,776 posts
14,342 battles
56 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Who needs divs when you can solo play.

I'd try solo Narai if I could.

Probably lose though.

• Cool 1

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

When STEIN was active, i usually silent at chat even if i invited to a div.

I usually know what my div mate want to even without typing too much.

Moreover, I'm not a fast typer and proofread my words like 5 times before i send in.

---- I knew someone who can type fast, chatting while playing an action MMORPG, busy shooting multiple skills accurately while eating a hamburger.

---- His chat mate asked him "How the hell you answered my chat that fast? I just too busy chatting with you so my bro handled the control"

I could took an hour just to make a post in this forum.

It is my own shortcoming tho, idk what this called.

I always have difficulties with grammar, and to convey my thoughts.

Even if it is on my mother tongue.

My teach always saying "Man, i don't know what to tell to you. Your answers always either too short or too long", as he gave me bad score.

During my IQ test, i didn't finish like 2-3 last pages since i occupied proofing my answers. The results wasn't bad, but i regretted why i didn't pay attention to the clock, pfft.

*Shrugs*

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles
On 11/1/2019 at 8:34 AM, Max_Battle said:

I'd try solo Narai if I could.

Probably lose though.

Where is everyone in the group lately?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,776 posts
14,342 battles
48 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I've been on at random times... but too random for social play.

[CLAY]
1,819 posts
10,116 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Combination of being tired, crappy internet connections, and trying to do this Italian thing.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
780 posts
5,773 battles
2019/10/29 に 午後8時44分 に、humusz の発言:

Maybe WG should have Voice in Game so Asian Player can Curse CV player in 8 diffrent language :Smile_trollface:

so instead of reading boxes, everyone can learn language faster 🤣

Like how to pronounce curse spells in 8 different languages

Edited by spixys

[TLS]
2,878 posts
18,225 battles
7 hours ago, spixys said:

Like how to pronounce curse spells in 8 different language

WG already has the initials of a curse clearly in game. I will leave it for people to figure out what the initials are.

Sign in to follow this