You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Do you play on NA?

33 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles

Do you play World of Warships on the NA server?

Have you had reasonable success there in your random PvP battles?

I’m looking for a RAF link to NA if you do and if you have.

I don’t know how much I will/would play there but I want to give it a spin and the boost that goes with RAF would be super handy. 

There are extra rewards for playing with your RAF shipmate and I may do this after I establish some captains - if I end up investing much time in NA at all.

So if you have had reasonable success on NA and aren’t a pariah and you want to share your RAF with me, please do.

An extra bonus would be if you have a relaxed clan I could join on NA too.

(Sorry mods if wrong place to post this).

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,249 battles

Noe. Otherwise i make them really angry , due to my pvp doing. I will make them salty when i perform the heaviest kiting.

2nd, I think ping make ghost shells not sense to me. I will played like a noob.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles

Heh.

Well, also, I wonder what my NA server name should be?

Max_Oz

Max_Dundee

Max_Antipodean

Max_Frikkin_Koala

???

• Funny 1

[TOX1C]
33 posts
4,140 battles

Max_Rockatansky

Surely everyone knows mad max

Edited by Deacon_Frost
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles

I looked up clan recruitment on the NA forums.

I messaged someone there. I'll see how I go.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,249 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Heh.

Max_Oz

Max_Dundee

Max_Antipodean

Max_Frikkin_Koala

???

Max_Vegemite

Max_c***

Max_Yobbo

I_Am_M@x

• Funny 1

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Heh.

Max_Oz

Max_Frikkin_Koala

???

latest?cb=20160614190113

Basically this ?

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles
7 hours ago, Deacon_Frost said:

Max_Rockatansky

Surely everyone knows mad max

Who's that? 

I have two NA accounts, "xamdam" and "xamdam_sg"

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
2,117 posts
7,703 battles

I sincerely trust you followed your alt naming pattern and called yourself~

Max Septic.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles

Ha ha, no. I was boring.

Max_Battalius

After a few hours play on NA I can say...

The seals have been clubbed...

and

People talk more (both trash and nice)...

and

You get a free Marblehead...

[CLAY]
2,284 posts
11,004 battles
1 hour ago, Brunswickz said:

latest?cb=20160614190113

Basically this ?

At least it isn’t crossed with an emu...

Now that would be a true horrifying master of oz.

• Funny 1

10 posts
1,286 battles
12 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Do you play World of Warships on the NA server?

God I'd love to, the brain dead Asian players on this server makes my brain bleed.  Ping is the problem though, 250ms+ and annoying jitter just makes for a crap game. 

Scaredy cat server it is for me unfortunately.

[TDA]
Super Tester_
5,437 posts
6,635 battles
24 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

God I'd love to, the brain dead Asian players on this server makes my brain bleed.  Ping is the problem though, 250ms+ and annoying jitter just makes for a crap game. 

Scaredy cat server it is for me unfortunately.

Ping to NA and Asia is nearly identical for me.  Braindead seems to be a phrase that suits NA.  Broadside BB's and rushes are all the rage.   Yes Asia is campy, but having played there you will automatically see you WR increase on that server.  The certainly have no interest in preserving their health, the median WR isn't any better and the communication isn't much better despite English being the primary language there.  (Replace box with Spanish).   Unless you are a shift worker you wont be playing there during peak times either.

[O7]
71 posts

If only we can use the same ships and everything that we have in our Asia account to the NA server. 

I have an NA account and have played a few low tier random battles, but the thought of grinding all over again is a difficult thing to accept, given real life responsibilities.

Beta Tester
360 posts
7,460 battles
4 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Ha ha, no. I was boring.

Max_Battalius

After a few hours play on NA I can say...

The seals have been clubbed...

and

People talk more (both trash and nice)...

and

You get a free Marblehead...

Don't let that early on 80% W/R go to your head. Mine's dropped all the way down to 60~65% by tier 8!

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[KNCOL]
309 posts
6,754 battles

I have an NA account and so far only have 64 battles in it, but I gotta say, NA player quality is less than Asia players. 

Also I post more in my NA forum account because man the salt in NA forums is just lol

Edited by Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus

[MRI]
3,046 posts
13,989 battles

Nah I have no intention of playing on NA. 

It is waste of effort since all my progress and ships are here in Asia. And as somebody with a full time job I have limited playing time to begin with, so the idea of leaving years of grinding behind to start anew is just mortifying.

• Cool 3

[FORCE]
1,649 posts
10,066 battles

Not yet. Mainly because the long hardships to collect high tier premiums from the scratch. Although I might go full weeb on that server just for lols.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles

Ok, so I originally made this thread in an attempt to hook up with someone who can give me a RaF link to NA and maybe a cruisy clan.

I used Notser's link in his Twitch stream (I don't know who my "favourite" CC streamer is - it was just easy and obvious to use his) and I'll chase a clan when I'm a bit more established there... if I can get a CLAY like clan I'll be happy. Has to be one on NA I'm sure.

But after some people's comments and personal observations I want to answer a couple of things.

Keep in mind I only have one day's play on NA and am still on a low battle count but I have had a few battles already where people who were veterans were thrown in the MM mix. This seems to have happened to me on alts on Asia and now on NA. I have many games where there are one or two players on each side and then the rest are bots and then out of ethe blue, regardless of my battle count I can be in a 2 (or even 3) CVs a side battles with veterans with thousands of battles. Skill wise this doesn't worry me, but this has happened to me on both Asia and NA on alts who have no flags, no camo and no captains!

Ping: Its about the same as SEA. This was my main curiosity. Others have said its comparable and in my experience - it is. My load times are the same and gameplay feels the same. Ping does not seem to be an issue.

Communication: A lot more. I can get kind of chatty in game in a 99% friendly way. I will upvote enemies who play well or are social and fun and I tell them sometimes. Even if I am their Kraken 😛 This is often met with silence on SEA server, unless there's someone called "BobfromMelbourne" or something 🙂 I have also encountered more trash talk. So in both senses, communication is up. Curiously I have already got positive karma and well MAKRA GUD.

Player Skill: Too early to tell. And by that I mean on both SEA and NA there are people who will sail parallel to me and toss HE at me while I AP their citadels. There are people on both servers who will drop smoke and then sail right out of it and get killed. My impression though, from the few games I have had with veterans is that there is less camping - people will push forward either to objectives or just to get closer to the enemy. Too soon to be sure, but I think I can thrive in an environment like that.

Established Account: Yeah. Well. I have a lot of botes on SEA. But I have always, always been of the opinion that World of Warships is a truly Free to Play game. I have always said that you can completely enjoy the game using "only" tech tree ships. I have run with what I know so far and have gone almost exclusively US ships on NA. How this will pan out for me, I don't know.

Time playing: I get this. Not everyone can be The All Day Gamer. I would change my story if I could. If I could go back in time I would have married my high school girlfriend, stayed in church, stayed in the reserves, be the manager of a chain of Jewellery stores across the Fraser Coast and most likely be the pastor grandfather patriarch of a large family - but that's just not how my story played out. I am instead The All Day Gamer. You know how people philosophise about the troubles in their life by saying "I wouldn't change a thing because if that hadn't happened I wouldn't be the person I am now"? yeah well fk that, I'd change it all. Damn your "Fixed points in time", Doctor Who, come help me slap some sense into 18 year old me. Ahem, I digress. Simply put, yeah I have the time to see how gaming is on NA, but not everyone does.

Edited by Max_Battle
  • Cool 2

[-CAT-]
1,303 posts
9,522 battles

And then eventually, WG decides to merge all servers into 1. 1 server to rule them all.

I wonder what technology would be faster than light (fiber optic, li-fi)?

Once that happens, the only barrier, language. 😞

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,284 posts
11,004 battles
6 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Once that happens, the only barrier, language. 😞

Still waiting for that universal translator that we seem to only use when dealing with aliens.

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Still waiting for that universal translator that we seem to only use when dealing with aliens.

It's fine when you div with Klingons.