You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pepega_MY

Summon Fighters consumable for tier 4 aircraft carriers

13 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
149 posts
5,205 battles

In update 0.8.9, tier 4 IJN CV Hosho has received two nerfs for being too overpowered against low tier ships. Hosho was able to attack using two 50 knots torpedoes (55 knots with Torpedo Acceleration commander skill) per strike run against low tier ships that are lacking of AA and having bad maneuverability. Skilled and experienced CV players abused this ability to sealclub new players with the excuse of grinding for Research Bureau thus giving horrible experience to those who still do not know how to evade the fast torpedoes. Even DDs with decent maneuverability could be easily torpedoed by such fast torpedoes. This could make them rage quit the game. Therefore, the recent nerfs on Hosho is quite necessary to overcome this problem.

However, some decent CV players manage to adapt to this change and dominate other players especially in tier 3-4 matches. The lack of fighter cover causes ships to be easily attacked by aircrafts. In low tier, patrol fighters are only available on CV and a few CL such as Kuma with that of the former are automated. Unlike CV of tier 6 and above, tier 4 CV are not provided with summon fighters consumable. This makes the Provide AA fire support command useless because CV players cannot summon fighters to prevent enemy CV from attacking their teammates. 

Therefore, I would humbly suggest the provision of summon fighters consumable for all tier 4 CV. New CV players can learn to use this summon fighters consumable to protect themselves and allied ships such as DD capping a zone from hostile aircraft attacks. They can also learn how to avoid the area of hostile summon fighters by flying their squadron outside of the denial zone. It is true that summon fighters consumable is not fully effective in warding off enemy planes like the pre-CV rework strafing fighters. Still, this idea should be implemented for temporary protection against enemy air strikes.

Thank you for reading my suggestion. Hopefully any Wargaming staff would read this post and consider the implementation. :cap_cool:

[KNCOL]
149 posts
5,205 battles

It's true that summon fighter consumable for tier 4 CVs was tested  in test server before the CV rework went live but this idea was somehow scrapped.

6 posts
10,588 battles

Tier 4 CVs are mainly for new CV players to practice dropping and learn the very basics of CV game play. They're not really meant for team play and thus it not having a fighter squadron consumable. Unlike Tier 6 CV MM where you can get a double CV game with a Tier 8 CV, fighters are a good way to contribute and help teammates while being bottom tiered.

But for Tier 4 CV MM, there really isn't any way you get Tier 6 Matchmaking unless you purposely fail div a 45/455 and get Tier 6-7 MM in you Tier 4 carrier. Maximum tier matchmaking for Tier 4 CVs are Tier 5 ships, and considering the planes for Tier 4 CVs are considerably weak for its tier.
So personally I don't think Tier 4 CVs should have a consumable for Fighters.

TL;DR, T4 CVs are the beginning of the branch and for the new players to learn how to strike, not having so much more responsibility in-game.

Edited by KawaiiShirakami
  • Cool 1

6 posts
13,859 battles

Wargame: We are happy for the current changes and we don't think we need anymore changes later on.

all the CV is not overpower, the one which is overpower before is nerf to hell (Graf zeppelin), enterprise is under power show need buffs later (GG wargame i am going to instant leave game when i see CV, especially when i see enterprise)

KawaiiShirakami new CV player should be more forgiving so other player should take more punishment by CV, It is non scenes. If you need people to learn how to play CV you need to take enough punishment if they being potato. Even T5 ships AA is not able to make enough punishment to T4 CVs, so how can it help new players not being potato in high tier game play. Furthermore, as it is easy to play T4 CV therefore every people are play low tier CV. We can see like so many low tier MM with 3 CV in game. So what is the point of not nerf low tier CV as they are over flood in low tier MM?

Edited by Son__defender

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
10,857 battles

I don't think buffing T4 CV's by adding fighters would be helpful for balance, or a good thing for the game.  Adding extra tools will make good CV players better, without improving poor CV players much.  This is not what is needed.

The issue is that T4 CV's are OP, specifically in terms of AA vs plane health.  This is due to the on average 70-80% plane health buffs that were introduced for T4 CV's as part of the AA rework in 0.8.7.  They overbuffed this significantly.  A 30% or so across the board plane health nerf for T4 CV's would be a better fix.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
149 posts
5,205 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 8:35 PM, Son__defender said:

I don't even think T4 CV is crap

Coughs Hermes coughs

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles
10 minutes ago, Wan_Teitoku said:

Coughs Hermes coughs

*cough*almostallRNCVsarecrap*cough*

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
2,213 posts
11,754 battles
40 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

*cough*almostallRNCVsarecrap*cough*

Audacious is somewhat decent. Indomitable actually looked promising, so promising it is stuck in the development hell.

• Funny 1

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Audacious is somewhat decent. Indomitable actually looked promising, so promising it is stuck in the development hell.

compared to the other 2 T10s... I never use it anymore.

• Funny 1