Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Italian cruisers opinions - Buffs needed

62 comments in this topic

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
Spoiler

The usual:

Buff German ships first.

This line needs some immediate improvements. I do have Trento.

+ Concealment range is almost the same as GFCS B's range. Is this some kind of joke I'm not Russian biased enough to understand? That kind of concealment - main gun range ratio is ridiculously bad even for BBs. This gets better with higher tier ships (access to Upgrade Slots 5 and 6), but to the T7 and below, this is basically a test of mental/sanity endurance (or some sort of torture, depending on how you see it). The Smoke is a consumable and therefore is not a 'concealment bonus'.

+ The whole line has no Hydro/DAAF, which strips them from the teamplay ability that any tech tree cruiser T6 and up has.

+ Maneuverability is average despite the aforementioned poor concealment.

+ Some of the ships don't even have a catapult to launch aircrafts. This is of course more of an 'Uncanny Valley' kind of thing and holds no gameplay significance, but it's just weird.

Their concealment needs to be buffed ASAP.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SALT]
1,888 posts
10,504 battles

Lower tier SAP is garbage. Grinding will be horrid experience

and whole line isnt competitive in General. it provide nothing to team, not even good as selfish damage dealer lol

1,116 posts
4,719 battles
43 minutes ago, Paladinum said:
  Hide contents

The usual:

Buff German ships first.

This line needs some immediate improvements. I do have Trento.

+ Concealment range is almost the same as GFCS B's range. Is this some kind of joke I'm not Russian biased enough to understand? That kind of concealment - main gun range ratio is ridiculously bad even for BBs. This gets slightly better with higher tier ships (access to Upgrade Slots 5 and 6), but to the T7 and below, this is basically a test of mental/sanity endurance (or some sort of torture, depending on how you see it). The Smoke is a consumable and therefore is not a 'concealment bonus'.

+ The whole line has no Hydro/DAAF, which strips them from the teamplay ability that any tech tree cruiser T6 and up has.

+ Maneuverability is average despite the aforementioned poor concealment.

+ Some of the ships don't even have a catapult to launch aircrafts. This is of course more of an 'Uncanny Valley' kind of thing and holds no gameplay significance, but it's just weird.

Their concealment needs to be buffed ASAP.

Italian cruisers built in the 1920s and early 1930s have their aircraft catapults placed directly on their forecastles, including the Giussano-subclass of Condottieri-class, the Trento-class and the Zara-class.

Completely agree on the other points.

Alpha Tester
1,137 posts
4,320 battles

I have the tier 5 and tier 7 tech tree, and the tier 5 premium Genova.

I agree, the SAP ammo type can't set fires, and can't citadel...at both tier 5 and tier 7 ships the SAP deals small damage per game.

The AA is woeful too, tier 4 CV rocket planes can pound your tier 5 cruiser with almost impunity. Tier 7 gets to meet tier 8 planes.

The smoke is a waste of time and a precious consumable slot, in tier 7 you get 1x smoke, and you use it very quickly to try and hide your shame as you flee from any enemy.

And the number of battles I've survived 15 minutes trying so hard to pound the enemy with what feels like wet pasta on steel, only to be ONE SALVO SMACKED for 80% of my entire HP...

The only thing they have going for them is the torpedoes, shame they are too slow that they can be so easily dodged.

The concealment is also lacking as stated above.

Unfortunately there is a video of a "supertester" testing a russian double barrel tank in a random battle, watch it and you will see why these ships and tanks are released as they are.

I'm still gonna play my italian pasta producers because I'm stubborn and I like a challenge, and it can't exactly hurt my MM and rng privileges. 

It just hurts EVERYONE ELSE.

4,205 posts
8,059 battles

In this game, the Axis nations always get the short end of the biased stick.

Edited by Paladinum

[-ISO-]
997 posts
6,121 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

In this game, the Axis nations always get the short end of the biased stick.

Except for Japan? 

1,116 posts
4,719 battles
3 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Except for Japan? 

Japanese ships also suffered powercreep, though maybe not so serious compared with the Germans.

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
3 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Except for Japan? 

Only marginally.

[-CAT-]
1,305 posts
9,538 battles

I think they should un-nerf their last minute change in the Italian cruiser.

Also, it feels like Italian cruisers are ment to do side swipe attacks rather than our usual thrust attacks. Side flanking. Some what british-ish but the shells bounces way more often compared to the british cruiser. At least thats what I feel.

Japan's gameplay is a mix of samurai (good guns) and ninja (stealth torp). They have strong on attacks and they have the speed to match, but they don't carry much armor (Just like the Zero's).

But, yeah, German buff.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TLS]
3,496 posts
19,113 battles

I would rather say buff the SAP by improving the penetration angles. The whole "SAP thing was created specially to be a pizza gimmick", so why don't buff that gimmick instead. We have arrived at this situation because "every line needs their own gimmick". Well, sorry to all those who want "unique lines" but in reality, there is only so much gimmickery available.

• Cool 1

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I would rather say buff the SAP by improving the penetration angles. The whole "SAP thing was created specially to be a pizza gimmick", so why don't buff that gimmick instead. We have arrived at this situation because "every line needs their own gimmick". Well, sorry to all those who want "unique lines" but in reality, there is only so much gimmickery available.

BUFF

CONCEALMENT

• Cool 1

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Remove Line

May as well

Edited by Paladinum

[CLAY]
2,288 posts
11,033 battles

What are dese ships and how do I get dem?

Italian Boxes? No ships in here.

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
1,652 posts
10,066 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I still got no ships either. 0 out of 10. And someone said the drop rate is better than the French DDs.

aQeGX93K_700w_0.thumb.jpg.381109d6615347410a794cfcf29a5037.jpg

4,205 posts
8,059 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Do not believe such lies and trickery.

1,116 posts
4,719 battles
10 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Do not believe such lies and trickery.

2 Italian containers get today as reward of Directive 2.

Nothing as before.

[TLS]
3,496 posts
19,113 battles

My current take on the pasta cruisers based on the T8:

Handles like IJN cruiser with better range and a worse reload on an already bad reload. SAP is like HE minus the fire. Does not feel like al dente. More like soggy pasta. Or Pizza hut quality pizza, ie. terrible.

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,264 battles

Italian line is like eating pasta on its own with nothing on it, no sauce or meat, just plain and very bland.

[SALT]
1,888 posts
10,504 battles

Ravioli Ravioli, Why WG so Trollies

Ravioli Ravioli, Italian Cruiser bring me no Jollies

Ravioli Ravioli, Italian Cruiser is worse than Trolley

874fe11ed5.png

Edited by humusz
  • Funny 2

[TLS]
3,496 posts
19,113 battles
26 minutes ago, AxEyBoI said:

Italian line is like eating pasta on its own with nothing on it, no sauce or meat, just plain and very bland.

That is still tasty and edible since I nibble on it as a snack frequently.

It is more like hard, uncooked pasta right out of the packet.

Sign in to follow this