Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

My pizza fleet grows...

21 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,277 posts
15,932 battles

All from RNGesus. (Praise be the MAKRA he brings).

The Duke rolled from the anniversary guaranteed T6 Premium and the other three from the current event of course.

I bought the perma camo for Zara from the event tab in the armoury and have enough to buy Monte's perma camo too, should I not get anymore drops during the event. I would rather wait and see if I get Trento before buying Monte's camo... sorry Monte - can't use you in operations...)

(I stopped rolling on containers at 70 tokens a pop as soon as I rolled Genova - deliberately saving the tokens for perma camos - a blessing from rolling Genova early).

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.10.22 - 17.35.53.38.png

• Cool 1

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,624 posts
13,146 battles

sometimes

you spend on Genova but she appears around 15th-22nd roll and you suddenly ask yourself why dont you buy normal Italian boxes instead of wasting for Genova

and otherwise you spend on boxes and got ships nothing and you suddenly ask yourself why dont you spend on Genova instead of wasting for boxes

for me waste for boxes to find Italian is worth because I dont have to spend time for low tier to high tier after Italian CA tech tree comes (also save free xp for next RB too)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-CAT-]
1,317 posts
9,601 battles
1 hour ago, Gummilicious said:

my italian tree

i am c0mplete my mission

WOW! Gratz man.

@Max_Battle

Pizza and Pasta, what about Mojo's and Cheese? Buffalo wings? 🤤

At least they now put the barber shop camo in Zara.

1,123 posts
4,741 battles
2 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

sometimes

you spend on Genova but she appears around 15th-22nd roll and you suddenly ask yourself why dont you buy normal Italian boxes instead of wasting for Genova

and otherwise you spend on boxes and got ships nothing and you suddenly ask yourself why dont you spend on Genova instead of wasting for boxes

for me waste for boxes to find Italian is worth because I dont have to spend time for low tier to high tier after Italian CA tech tree comes (also save free xp for next RB too)

I got my Genova when I opened my third random bundle and then got nothing from 8 Italian cruiser containers. 3 given for free (Directive 1 and daily shipment) and 5 exchanged with tokens after I got my Genova.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,277 posts
15,932 battles
10 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

yeah.... mine is grows too.

106651896_AzurLane_Screenshot_2019_10.23_02_51_12.jpg.1017410a074d3eecbd7b6700b2c7e9c0.jpg

:cap_haloween:

Italime?

Anitalian?

Anyway, whatever the appropriate cultural greeting - Hi Girls!

[SALT]
1,888 posts
10,504 battles
15 hours ago, PGM991 said:

106651896_AzurLane_Screenshot_2019_10.23_02_51_12.jpg.1017410a074d3eecbd7b6700b2c7e9c0.jpg

AL zara is one of the best

WoW zara is crapiest of crap

:fish_haloween:

1,123 posts
4,741 battles
Just now, humusz said:

AL zara is one of the best

WoW zara is crapiest of crap

:fish_haloween:

Real-life Zara: Arguably the best-protected Treaty heavy cruiser in terms of armour belt thickness, beaten only by the Baltimore-class more than a decade later.

Personified Zara: Also being among some of the best in their respective universes (AFAIK RM Zara, as an outstanding design, is featured in KC, AL and WsGR).

WoWS Zara: What is the @$#$%#&*% that is shackled by unreliable and inconsistent SAP shells that can be easily countered and a directly exposed citadel?

[LBAS]
Modder
6,175 posts
37,422 battles

This man triggered

On 10/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, Max_Battle said:

All from RNGesus. (Praise be the MAKRA he brings).

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.10.22 - 17.35.53.38.png

and this man was telling the truth . . . very . . . much

On 10/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, Onlinegamer said:

and wad da lewd I did . . . burnt the tokens :cap_haloween: to the last one

shot-19_10.23_17_52.47-0348.thumb.jpg.37e8a29067156bd2a98e83b867e9d446.jpg

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,277 posts
15,932 battles

Worked out I don't want perma camo for the T8.

Do want for T6 and T7 (ops pizza botes).

Looked at how many more Tokens I will get guaranteed and still buy the perma camos I need.

Discovered I can gamble some.

RNGesus, your MAKRA caresses, rewards and soothes me like a hug from a giant loving soft octapus.

Soon, SOON my pizza fleet will be larger...

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.10.27 - 09.05.39.99.png

[FORCE]
1,658 posts
10,066 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 12:56 AM, PGM991 said:

Hey how did you get the photo of my base? Just kidding, I also got them all.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, Project45_Opytny said:

Real-life Zara: Arguably the best-protected Treaty heavy cruiser in terms of armour belt thickness, beaten only by the Baltimore-class more than a decade later.

Personified Zara: Also being among some of the best in their respective universes (AFAIK RM Zara, as an outstanding design, is featured in KC, AL and WsGR).

WoWS Zara: What is the @$#$%#&*% that is shackled by unreliable and inconsistent SAP shells that can be easily countered and a directly exposed citadel?

KC's Zara looks too stereotypical middle-aged European women. No idea how her performance is.

AL's Zara is a mildly seductive teaser kind of secretary. Her performance is a hard-hitting vanguard, but quite tanky (most heavy cruisers in AL are glass cannons).

No idea about WSGr, either. WoWs & AL are already time consuming games I play.

WoWs Zara is just bad. But I still have a bit optimism that the entire line will get buffed later.

[CLAY]
2,293 posts
11,067 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Worked out I don't want perma camo for the T8.

Do want for T6 and T7 (ops pizza botes).

Looked at how many more Tokens I will get guaranteed and still buy the perma camos I need.

Discovered I can gamble some.

RNGesus, your MAKRA caresses, rewards and soothes me like a hug from a giant loving soft octapus.

Soon, SOON my pizza fleet will be larger...

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.10.27 - 09.05.39.99.png

And I don't even have 1 slice yet!

[KAMI]
1,365 posts
11,775 battles
On 10/23/2019 at 3:46 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lol.  Im up to crate 18 and Genova hasn't dropped...….

lucky number 21

1,123 posts
4,741 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Hey how did you get the photo of my base? Just kidding, I also got them all.

KC's Zara looks too stereotypical middle-aged European women. No idea how her performance is.

AL's Zara is a mildly seductive teaser kind of secretary. Her performance is a hard-hitting vanguard, but quite tanky (most heavy cruisers in AL are glass cannons).

WoWs Zara is just bad. But I still have a bit optimism that the entire line will get buffed later.

*Off-topic weeb contents warning*

I have once read about someone joking about the somewhat stereotypical character setting of the foreign warships featured in KanColle. The original text is in Chinese and this is some partial translation done by myself... as I have very limited knowledge about this topic as grinding WoWS is time-consuming for me already, the following text about KanColle is in referential nature mostly.

"Have a drink with the Kongou-class sisters if you are a fast capital ship. Mention about what type of wine would you like for dinner and recite your motto if you are an Italian warship. Socialize and interact with the Nagato sisters if you are one of the other five "Big Seven"s. Praise your Japanese comrades-in-arms often, including admiring their impressive pagoda masts, the ardency and warmheartedness of Kongou sisters and Japanese equipments. Appreciate the Yamato-class from a distance in an orderly manner at 4PM."

On the other hand it seems that many people have a tendency to simplify complex characteristics into stereotypes.

About WsGR Zara: it is natural for a non-Chinese netizen to be ignorant of this game and its character settings due to the fact of the game's minimal influence in English-speaking internet as a result of being developed and run by a minor company (sigh). She was highly anticipated when she was featured in an official teaser brochure thanks to the high quality of her illustration. Back to the topic, her character setting in this universe seems to be like a battle-hardened veteran fighter. She refers to her comrade-in-arms, the light carrier Sparviero, a meek and tender girl, with rather disdain (though IRL the two ships have never met with each other; however the pre-war Regia Marina has despised carrier aviation until the Attack on Taranto and the Cape Matapan disaster, at the same time the specifications of Spaeviero are moderate at best, as she was a conversion of an ocean liner which is slow and fragile by military standards). She favors and advocates force, declears that she would display and spread her prestige as a warrior far and wide, among allies and enemies alike upon arrival, and speaks highly of the Littorio-class sisters, Vittorio Veneto, Roma and Impero (as a fleet aircraft carrier in this game) based on their immense fighting strength in contrast to Sparviero. Specifications wise, she enjoys the second to best armour value of all "stock" (without "kai", refits/modifications) heavy cruisers featured in game, even surpassed the Des Moines-class sisters with only Project 66 Moskva (yes, WsGR introduced Project 66 in-game and named her Moskva following WoWS...) being better than her. She also enjoys the absence of torpedo armments, which is highly favorable under WsGR's battle mechanics (despite torpedoes are proved highly useful in battles IRL, like how turtleback armour scheme performs in WoWS and IRL). In short she is promising though she hasn't recieved modification yet.

(And some personal off-topic thoughts: besides the tragedy of the Battle of Cape Matapan, the Eastern shores of Adriatic, where the cities of Zara, Pola and Fiume are located, witnessed a brutal and bloody ethnic conflict between the Slavs and the Italians in the wake of the collapse of Italian war effort in September 1943, and resulted in the nearly complete destruction of Italian presence in Istria and Dalmatia when everything were finally settled. That was an even greater tragedy from a greater perspective. The Germans crossed the Oder River in the Middle Ages, while Romans had settled in Istria and Dalmatia since antiquity.)

I have heard that WoWS Zara enjoys improved shell ballistics in comparison with Trento, and Amalfi's shell ballistics is even better than Zara's from the NA Forum, though Zara is probably the slowest among Italian heavy cruisers due to historical performance parameters.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

[MRI]
3,064 posts
14,023 battles

*More off-topic weeb content incoming*

10 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

KC's Zara looks middle-aged to you? :Smile_amazed:

She looks more like a young adult to me.

image.png.015292a3a1c391332b96d21c7ca88c17.png

Personality-wise KC Zara is kinda of the opposite of her sister Pola. She is the cute but responsible sister type who looks out for Pola, while Pola is presented as a playful drunkard (referencing that one story about how  British sailors found Pola's crew drunk after the Battle of Cape Matapan).

Performance-wise, Zara and Pola boast the longest range of all the heavy cruisers, meaning they will fire earlier than other heavy cruisers. The downside is they may fire too early (you generally want your heavy hitters like BBs and CVs attacking first). The guns they come with also buffs the range of whoever uses them, though at the cost of accuracy unless upgraded. Very useful for controlling who gets MVP status, but the same drawbacks for firing too early still apply. They also are unique among the CAs in that they can carry Seaplane fighter and bombers despite not being a proper CAV. Very useful in events when you want to squeeze in a bit more fighter power to achieve air superiority but can't or don't want to use your CAVs. They also start off with 0 torpedo stats in reference to their real-life counterparts, and though they can be upgraded to have torpedo power the torps will still be abysmal compared to other CAs.

Overall I would say KC Zara and Pola are not that useful compared to their peers. They can be useful for day combat but their poor torpedo stats really hamper their performance in night battles. This is in great contrast to the KC Italian CLs, who are considered to be among the strongest CLs in the game thanks to their high combat stats and having 4 equipment slots (most CLs only have 3). People are joking that it is because of the Italian CLs that the Japanese CLs had to be buffed recently lol.

[FORCE]
1,658 posts
10,066 battles
5 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

*More off-topic weeb content incoming*

KC's Zara looks middle-aged to you? :Smile_amazed:

She looks more like a young adult to me.

image.png.015292a3a1c391332b96d21c7ca88c17.png

Personality-wise KC Zara is kinda of the opposite of her sister Pola. She is the cute but responsible sister type who looks out for Pola, while Pola is presented as a playful drunkard (referencing that one story about how  British sailors found Pola's crew drunk after the Battle of Cape Matapan).

Performance-wise, Zara and Pola boast the longest range of all the heavy cruisers, meaning they will fire earlier than other heavy cruisers. The downside is they may fire too early (you generally want your heavy hitters like BBs and CVs attacking first). The guns they come with also buffs the range of whoever uses them, though at the cost of accuracy unless upgraded. Very useful for controlling who gets MVP status, but the same drawbacks for firing too early still apply. They also are unique among the CAs in that they can carry Seaplane fighter and bombers despite not being a proper CAV. Very useful in events when you want to squeeze in a bit more fighter power to achieve air superiority but can't or don't want to use your CAVs. They also start off with 0 torpedo stats in reference to their real-life counterparts, and though they can be upgraded to have torpedo power the torps will still be abysmal compared to other CAs.

Overall I would say KC Zara and Pola are not that useful compared to their peers. They can be useful for day combat but their poor torpedo stats really hamper their performance in night battles. This is in great contrast to the KC Italian CLs, who are considered to be among the strongest CLs in the game thanks to their high combat stats and having 4 equipment slots (most CLs only have 3). People are joking that it is because of the Italian CLs that the Japanese CLs had to be buffed recently lol.

Derp I mistook that for Roma. But giving the same color pattern for ships of the same nation makes it a bit difficult to remember which one is that, especially for the non-enthusiasts. Don't get me wrong though. If it were not for the decisions the devs made, I might have been a player of the game.

AL Zara boasts a solid combination of Prinz Eugen's tanky gimmick & Wichita's firepower.

However due to the massively different game mechanics, AL Zara can never use torpedoes like her KC counterpart. I mean all ships in AL only have 3 weapon slots + 2 auxiliary slots (stat boosting items). Most CA (including Zara) have slots for 1 main gun + 1 secondary gun + 1 AA gun. The only exceptions are the Japamese, German and British CA in which they have 1 torpedo slot instead of secondary gun. Although another exception exists like London's torpedo slot becomes a hybrid after she gets retrofitted which allows her to be equipped with secondary gun if the players want to, but can still change it back to torpedo for free.

Back to the main topic, WoWs Zara is way too pathetic tbh. I thought this kind of gimmick is what we're gonna get.1413838494_Zara(skill).thumb.jpg.f1872b93531e4ab7eb116d32f881de30.jpg

Sign in to follow this