Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ZeMuffin

Clan Battles in Aus

8 comments in this topic

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
209 posts

It has been like this as far as I can remember, and I'm into my 3rd year with WoWs. This issue has been pointed out before. If I remember it correctly, difficulty in adjusting has something to do with the 11 time zones in Asia.  

SEA region is lucky, it's 7:30pm - 11:30pm for the region. SEA region lies somewhere around the middle of this 11 time zones. 

[151ST]
2,358 posts
9,917 battles

Yep, and spare a thought for our Kiwi brothers and sisters, add another 2 hours for them...

There was at least one season held this year not during daylight savings that started at 2030 (830pm) for the eastern seaboard... That was far more manageable...

We've tried and tried with CB times since they started, WG doesn't care. They implemented cross-server options and called it a solution... which gave us NA times (around mid-day), which for most is only possible on Sundays. Problem with that is that most ANZ players can do Saturday nights more easily. That means choosing between Asia on Saturday night or NA on Sunday day.

For a clan like mine, everyone having RL commitments, like jobs and families it's meant we've often only had 7-9 players who can regularly attend, even on weekends and then those players get frustrated at the lack of activity and move on to more competitive clans. I think we've lost in the realms of about 10+ CB players over 12 months. I mean there are other factors but CB times is a huge one...

Plain and simple, WG don't care, despite ANZ players often putting larger amounts of money on the game per person...

So a big middle finger to WG on CB times.

(Sorry, this is an old wound that won't go away so I'm a bit salty)

743 posts
19,634 battles
6 hours ago, ZeMuffin said:

With the release of the 7th season of Clan Battles i couldn't help but notice that the start of 'prime time' set for Asia is 10:30pm for most Australians. Is it always like this?

Prime time is 10:30pm - 2:30am.....

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/cvc-7/

Sadly, yes.

Try playing cross server matches on NA on Sunday mornings instead.

• Cool 1

[AN-DO]
657 posts
9,697 battles
20 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Try playing cross server matches on NA on Sunday mornings instead.

^ This, what Bex_o7 said, Sundays cross server works well, its allowed my clan to have a decent run at clan battles. That being said it would be nice if we had the option of playing more than one day a week as it it puts us at a disadvantage compared to clans that can play 3 or 4 sessions a week.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
10,857 battles

It's pretty terrible timing for many Australian and NZ players unfortunately.  It's not changing though, there has been some extremely (justified) vocal complaints about this in the past, and they've repeatedly come back and said that this is just how it will be.

I do see WG's point of view, there is no time that will work for everyone in a server that serves so many time zones.  It's a shame they can't lengthen the window, but they know what they need in terms of minimum clans operating to make CB's viable, and clearly they won't get that if they move it earlier.

10:30pm start AEDT, and 12:30pm start (!) NZDT is pretty rough for many people though.  Having said that, the earliest I personally can get on is about 10pm AEDT, so it works out for me, but then I pay for it in things like KoTT where it starts two hours earlier than I could possibly get on, meaning I basically can't play that comp unfortunately.  It's just people's lives and time zones sometimes don't mesh for this sort of gaming.

Sign in to follow this