You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Wait, Hang on a minute...

20 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,943 posts
14,140 battles

So i saw the Cape Esperance event and what the heck? A Bot (numbers) won the event? this is Disgusting and Unfair.

this isnt naming and shaming, look at the 2nd placer, its a Bot. no one can do it except seasoned players.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/cape-esperanto/ 

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles

Well, this is the result of gaming the system. The current system values quantity over quality and people know how to exploit the system. Sad to say, wg is only listening to ridiculous ideas on reddit. I just took one look at the wows reddit and I wanted to vomit just being there.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,943 posts
14,140 battles
2 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Well, this is the result of gaming the system. The current system values quantity over quality and people know how to exploit the system. Sad to say, wg is only listening to ridiculous ideas on reddit. I just took one look at the wows reddit and I wanted to vomit just being there.

WG not focusing on bots, right? also most of the placers on EU and NA were numbers too. ugh, WG has to do something with this.

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles

As I stood cooking my fettucine, I thought: how hypocritical it is that they make some good ships so hard to get that you have to play in "exclusive modes" just to earn thingies to be able to pay for them while some ships are just thrown out to be obtained so easily through abuse of the system.

[CLAY]
2,636 posts
11,960 battles

I've seen a lot of players lately that just have names as numbers. Some of them have actually talked.. I think, I can remember.

My point is, are these actual bots, or just people who can't think of better names?

Are we being prejudiced against people who are just so unimaginative, so dull, so not caring enough that they just pick a random string of numbers as a name?

Because seems to me, if one of the defining characteristics of a bot is a name of numbers, WG could figure it out and ban it quick enough. And surely knowing that one of the defining characteristics of a bot is a numbers name would make players pick something, anything, different.

[KAMI]
1,502 posts
12,350 battles
2 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

look at the 2nd placer, its a Bot

before you condemn someone as bot

Please at least check their stats 😉

and not OH IZ A NUMBER NAME, BOT CONFIRMED REEEEEEEE

Have a look at him:

ahem.PNG

Edited by Gummilicious
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,943 posts
14,140 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I've seen a lot of players lately that just have names as numbers. Some of them have actually talked.. I think, I can remember.

My point is, are these actual bots, or just people who can't think of better names?

Are we being prejudiced against people who are just so unimaginative, so dull, so not caring enough that they just pick a random string of numbers as a name?

Because seems to me, if one of the defining characteristics of a bot is a name of numbers, WG could figure it out and ban it quick enough. And surely knowing that one of the defining characteristics of a bot is a numbers name would make players pick something, anything, different.

Sometimes they're nuke codes or something.

[MRI]
3,433 posts
14,795 battles

They could be account farmers or sellers. As in a person or group of people grinding an account with the intention of selling it later. I personally knew a few who did this in World of Warcraft to make some money on the side.

I also heard that some bots are sophisticated enough to talk if they think that people are suspecting them. Like if they detect someone mentioning their name or ship together with the word bot, they will reply with stfu noob or something similar.

There is also the possibility that the numbered accounts are the sock puppet accounts of famous WoWs players or streamers, but I doubt this is the case. I know for games like Starcraft a lot of pro-gamers use "barcode" accounts online to hide their identities so rival pros wouldn't know who they are going up against and learn their tactics. But I don't see why people would be doing this for WoWs. WoWs is nowhere near as competitive.

But WG doesn't. WG could easily make a flag system where if your account has a numbered name and/or a ridiculous number or games it gets flagged to WG for further investigation. But they don't because WG just doesn't care. And I suspect they don't care because the botters also spend a bit of money on some Premium time or ships. As long as a bit of money is spent, WG will turn a blind eye because why go after a paying customer.

• Cool 5

1,160 posts
11,077 battles
4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

ut WG doesn't. WG could easily make a flag system where if your account has a numbered name and/or a ridiculous number or games it gets flagged to WG for further investigation. But they don't because WG just doesn't care. And I suspect they don't care because the botters also spend a bit of money on some Premium time or ships. As long as a bit of money is spent, WG will turn a blind eye because why go after a paying customer.

becasue WG make the bots themselves to fill out the numbers on the server

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

Numbered name is a good way to hide your name in a bush.

I mean, if you spot Poitato, Eurobeat, Flambass or someone well known, people will focus on him right?

Moreover if you're familiar with Chinese, they love to remember whoever they need to focus every battle.

With numbered name, 1231241283.  34987982374234, 1238124901923, it isn't as easy to remember.

[-ISO-]
1,054 posts
6,286 battles
On 10/19/2019 at 1:05 PM, Grygus_Triss said:

Which is the reason why WG takes a long time to consider things like this. They don't know exactly how to detect and remove a botter. And even if they do, those botters will find a smarter way of using bots without being detected. It can be that WG is currently thinking the outcome and potential things that'll happen when they introduce a bot ban. Also WG is pretty mediocre when it came to technical issues. let alone bots. So yeah we shouldn't prejudicing them because they don't care.

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles

@BIGCOREMKP0II just played a game with #3 on the list. #3 was using a yoshino. Came 2nd last with 107 points. I toped with 3 kill, 13 planes, 118k damage and 4 citadels against the bot zao, 6 longrange driveby torpedoes against a bot JB who was sleeping on the job. 520 points. In a Zao.

These HoF toppers basically rely on their team to earn free points. Which is very unfair.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 4

[LBAS]
2,943 posts
14,140 battles
11 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

@BIGCOREMKP0II just played a game with #3 on the list. #3 was using a yoshino. Came 2nd last with 107 points. I toped with 3 kill, 13 planes, 118k damage and 4 citadels against the bot zao, 6 longrange driveby torpedoes against a bot JB who was sleeping on the job. 520 points. In a Zao.

These HoF toppers basically rely on their team to earn free points. Which is very unfair.

Bots needed more punishment as if the Italian HoF is going to be more worse....

[-CAT-]
2,040 posts
10,747 battles

@dejiko_nyo @BIGCOREMKP0I

Not only "torturously and barbarically" punish these violators (send to gulag), they need to ree-work their pointing system to work against bots. (I forgot, but there was a suggestion about the HoF that rewards performing players vs botters)

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,540 posts
5,459 battles

I better ignore that post cuz, its pointless to bash some certain ppl who bots.

As much as HoF in directives, we can't do anything. This is the case of massive giggaloo.

[BILI]
30 posts
6,315 battles
於 2019/10/19 在 PM2點05分,Grygus_Triss 說:

I think the numbers are their QQ account or phone number,and they just use the default name from their Emails address which also is numbers:cap_cool:

Edited by Alenichev
error

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles
1 時間前、Sir_Feather の発言:

Maybe those numbers are the "sauce" codes of the lewd things. I wonder if there is a player named 177013....

2. and it is 2 accounts that has 0 battles.

I tried 114514 as a joke and I found 11 0 battle accounts.

Edited by spixys

[LBAS]
2,943 posts
14,140 battles
8 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Maybe those numbers are the "sauce" codes of the lewd things. I wonder if there is a player named 177013....

I've seen some numbers like:

:Smile_hiding: