You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Daily mission roll over.

8 comments in this topic

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

So it seems daily missions now roll over along with the crates and a new day. That's a step in the right direction IMO.

[CLAY]
2,284 posts
11,003 battles

This would have been handy to know last night.

Also, where was this announced? I did glance over the patch notes but don't recall seeing it. I would have hoped that such a change would have been highlighted somewhere.

Now, first, This is a good change that makes sense, well done, though it could have been announced better.

Ok, now some complaints about daily missions.

I like the concept, and the rewards are nice, but low importance that it doesn't matter if you miss them, like if you work all day then go out for a social event at night. Which avoids the main problem I have with missions that only give you a day or two to complete.

Which brings me to my second issue: The Italian tokens. I had hoped that WG had got over this idea of having rewards tied to completing these missions for 30 days straight or whatever. It is a huge effort for those of us who have work and other responsibilities, or, you know, other hobbies asides from WoWS.

Which is the third issue. This week's Operation is T3. I and many other people use scenarios to grind out the daily missions because you usually win, unlike random, where it may take several games until you get a win, if you're having a bad night. This week is the T3 Halloween op, and T3's don't count towards daily missions because I think T5 is the lowest that qualifies. (This fact has caused me to miss 16 tokens so far... hopefully that won't matter because I'm pretty over event rewards at the moment and tend to ignore ships randomly appearing in bundles) So this week, in order to complete the dallies as fast as possible, I'll probably be going co-op.

• Cool 1

4,198 posts
8,053 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

Also, where was this announced? I did glance over the patch notes but don't recall seeing it. I would have hoped that such a change would have been highlighted somewhere.

It's no-where in the Patch Note itself. I found one reference (???) in the Italian Arc rules article, but it's for Directives, and has always been so.

So, WG's website management's laziness strikes again.

I guess that is to compensate the facts that the current set of Daily Missions (carrying over from 0.8.8) have no Pasta Tokens while the 0.8.9 Update says that Daily Missions will reward those. New time for Daily Mission to refresh is in the early morning.

9 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

This week's Operation is T3.

WG: "Just div up, fools" :Smile_trollface:

13 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

(This fact has caused me to miss 16 tokens so far... hopefully that won't matter because I'm pretty over event rewards at the moment and tend to ignore ships randomly appearing in bundles)

What's with Genova and people wanting to get a T5 premium??? For collection's sake? The ship is a pure paper design :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,284 posts
11,003 battles
19 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

What's with Genova and people wanting to get a T5 premium??? For collection's sake? The ship is a pure paper design :Smile_amazed:

Mostly fear of missing out, mostly because a ship's a ship, collecting for the sake of having another number in my ships total. The knowledge that I will never have to decide whether or not to pay money for it.

But if a ship has a 'random chance' or appearing in a bundle, I ignore it. I'm over these events. The perma camos are more valuable to me as they will help with grinding the line out later.

4,198 posts
8,053 battles
21 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

But if a ship has a 'random chance' or appearing in a bundle, I ignore it. I'm over these events. The perma camos are more valuable to me as they will help with grinding the line out later.

Me: either tech tree, FXP or Arsenal ships.
Event ships are hit and miss (I got Dude of Yokes and Graf Spee though, lol)

22 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The perma camos are more valuable to me as they will help with grinding the line out later.

Not so sure about that. T8 perma camos for tech tree ships are as weak as T6 and T7 (yet they cost much more (???)). Arsenal expendable camos (for Coal/cred) are better on a per battle basis.

Gonna spend all my Pasta Tokens on containers, shortening the grind.

• Cool 1

1,114 posts
4,699 battles
55 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Mostly fear of missing out, mostly because a ship's a ship, collecting for the sake of having another number in my ships total. The knowledge that I will never have to decide whether or not to pay money for it.

A number of players are lucky enough this time to get Genova for free by opening only a few Random bundles. Since Wargaming themselves has added Collector patches and emblems in-game, why don't one collect it for free?

Also she can work as a trainer for Italian cruisers with the Semi-AP flavor or gimmick. Though a T6 (Bolzano?) or T7 (Pola? and the already confirmed Gorizia) one would work much better thanks to their access to Scenario Operations.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 1