Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dejiko_nyo

What should I do?

Use Freexp to:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. I should use Freexp to:

• Turn le NOTfantastic into Kleber
    • Turn NOgnevoi into Grozovoi
    • Move from Kiev to Kharbarovsk
    • Turn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-23 to Z-52
    • Whale RB to Ohio in one painless sitting

30 comments in this topic

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles

Because all 4 T8 DDs involved are imho, garbage and a pain to play at T8. They are currently my only uncompleted lines with the exception of NC which I can enjoy.

4,505 posts
8,614 battles

Whale RB to Ohio in one painless sitting

Why is this even an option? :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,550 posts
40,138 battles

French DDs is real concern, no long range AA

If there is a CV match and u are doomed << even Tashkent Udaloi or Khabarovsk can perform far . . . far better

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles

May I remind people that the end result at T10 also does matter as if it is garbage at T10, then it is also a waste of FXP.

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles
38 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Why is this even an option? :Smile_izmena:

Because: Because.

• Angry 1

[CLAY]
2,655 posts
12,005 battles

Wish I had a D4 on me.

Oh well, use what you got:

Microsoft Excel

=RANDBETWEEN(1,4)

=3

By computer generated random number, after excluding outliers (I.e Rubbish Bureau option)

The Answer is Kiev to Khabarovsk.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,323 posts
26,030 battles

ohio is shit until they buff speed or rudder

z52/kahb both dogshit

RUDD groz line is really fun, no need to fxp it, just play normally

french DDs also fun, kleb one of the best T10 DDs ATM

[SALT]
2,016 posts
10,542 battles

Why get Kebab when you can get Klebcargot 

Edited by humusz

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,594 posts
7,352 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Because all 4 T8 DDs involved are imho, garbage and a pain to play at T8. They are currently my only uncompleted lines with the exception of NC which I can enjoy.

You answered your own poll right there.

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles

Because I have no clue out of the 5 what fun it will be at T10. Also, for the princely sum of 1 OHAYO!, people do realise I can get ALL 4 other options...

[SMOKE]
1,820 posts
15,620 battles

One can always just grind sure those 4 DD are not the easiet to get them perform that does not mean they cannot be fun to play I enjoy Ogni in particular.

[-CAT-]
2,069 posts
10,803 battles
6 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Whale RB to Ohio in one painless sitting

*gasp*, why? :Smile_sad:

Go for cheeky BMW.

When there is smoke, there is torpedo. But when you have sonar, you can torpedobeat, and as sign of gratitude, give them flowers torpedos in return.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles
4 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

*gasp*, why? :Smile_sad:

Go for cheeky BMW.

When there is smoke, there is torpedo. But when you have sonar, you can torpedobeat, and as sign of gratitude, give them flowers torpedos.

Which cheeky BMW? The Z-not-3? Unfortunately, out powercreeped with current meta. The sonar is good. If you are lucky in the situation. 

And why for OHAYO? Because I cannot be bothered with some of the mid-tier crap. I believe I have put it in another thread earlier today when I finishing a line, it is finished, not to be repeated because of the pain and agony needed to hit T10. It means repurposing captains that have been repurposed elsewhere. 

If I had to pick T10 which I regret: Conqueror, YY (post nerf) and Worc. (and as an aside, Shima's terrible legendary. I COMPLETELY regret grinding for it). Conqueror for the complete mislabelled fire chance advertisement. Worc for its inability to do decent direct damage despite its volume. YY as a worse version of the Gearing in its current iteration.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,069 posts
10,803 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Which cheeky BMW? The Z-not-3? Unfortunately, out powercreeped with current meta. The sonar is good. If you are lucky in the situation. 

And why for OHAYO? Because I cannot be bothered with some of the mid-tier crap. I believe I have put it in another thread earlier today when I finishing a line, it is finished, not to be repeated because of the pain and agony needed to hit T10. It means repurposing captains that have been repurposed elsewhere. 

If I had to pick T10 which I regret: Conqueror, YY (post nerf) and Worc. (and as an aside, Shima's terrible legendary. I COMPLETELY regret grinding for it). Conqueror for the complete mislabelled fire chance advertisement. Worc for its inability to do decent direct damage despite its volume. YY as a worse version of the Gearing in its current iteration.

Maybe you still have not found that "goldilocks zone" between man and ship. Give it time, you will eventually find that ship and / or that play style that suits you. 🙂

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,275 posts
10,832 battles

Le Fantasque is an incredible ship.  It seems frankly overpowered to me.  Why would you not want to play it?  I've massacred so many enemy DD's in that thing, and it's particularly good against cruisers as well.  I remember a couple of weeks ago a Cleveland pulled out from behind an island on me at 7.5km because he clearly thought he had an advantage - he did 3k to me, and I had done 28k to him when he died shortly after.  Ambush play is incredibly fun, and there aren't many ships I enjoy more than Fantasque.  At T8, it actually sits at a really good spot where IFHE is super effective on the 139's because it means you can pen every cruiser you face (except for T10 midsections, you don't see that many T10 cruisers obviously), and every T6-7 BB as well.  It's hilarious what it does to US cruisers in particular, since they tend to play statically and are easy to flank in a French DD.

Kiev is a really good ship as well, and it leads into Tashkent which is the best ship in the line.  Don't bother getting Khaba though, it's worse than Tashkent despite being a tier higher.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Maybe you still have not found that "goldilocks zone" between man and ship. Give it time, you will eventually find that ship and / or that play style that suits you. 🙂

Already. IJN Cruisers, T10 USN CA, IJN/USN/(maybe RN) DDs and fast speedy BBs. Basically I am left with the garbage pile (except new French DD because I cannot be bothered and the USN BB because for a long time I had Big Trouble Mighty Mo so saw no incentive) Basically, speed + utility + stealth. And the basic rule: RoF in cruisers and DDs are huge force multipliers.

Also, just to annoy pala: *whispers* the only good minotaur is the one I am piloting.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,069 posts
10,803 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Le Fantasque is an incredible ship.  It seems frankly overpowered to me.  Why would you not want to play it?  I've massacred so many enemy DD's in that thing, and it's particularly good against cruisers as well.  I remember a couple of weeks ago a Cleveland pulled out from behind an island on me at 7.5km because he clearly thought he had an advantage - he did 3k to me, and I had done 28k to him when he died shortly after.  Ambush play is incredibly fun, and there aren't many ships I enjoy more than Fantasque.  At T8, it actually sits at a really good spot where IFHE is super effective on the 139's because it means you can pen every cruiser you face (except for T10 midsections, you don't see that many T10 cruisers obviously), and every T6-7 BB as well.  It's hilarious what it does to US cruisers in particular, since they tend to play statically and are easy to flank in a French DD.

Kiev is a really good ship as well, and it leads into Tashkent which is the best ship in the line.  Don't bother getting Khaba though, it's worse than Tashkent despite being a tier higher.

A "peek-a-boo rusher". I'm glad you get better luck in your tactics. I only get 40% - 50% win loose on that kind of DD tactic. I still have a lot to learn.

4,505 posts
8,614 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

It's in my signature :fish_book:  The first point.

I got a rental Scharnhorst a few days ago and I felt attuned to the gorgeous ship 99,999999999% instantly. Either I've played too much German ships or the ship is for me :Smile_teethhappy: 

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles

Shiny Horse is lovely. A perfect blend of speed, torpedoes, manuverbility and firepower. The only downside: Legendary German Dispersion.

• Cool 3

[-CAT-]
2,069 posts
10,803 battles
25 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:
36 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I got a rental Scharnhorst a few days ago and I felt attuned to the gorgeous ship 99,999999999% instantly. Either I've played too much German ships or the ship is for me :Smile_teethhappy:

Legendary German Dispersion.

WG new way to market and buy ships. Rentals. I have to be honest, it is tempting to buy some of the ships, with a chance to test their capability.

In pala's case, German dispersion does not compute to him. He has learned the way of the Iron Cross. He will terminate anyone.

the_terminator_still.jpg

Although Arnie is Austrian, he speaks German. So still fits in the German bracket.

Edited by S0und_Theif

4,505 posts
8,614 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

In pala's case, German dispersion does not compute to him. He has learned the way of the Iron Cross. He will terminate anyone.

Somehow having one more turret makes Scharn 300% more comfortable to play than Graf Spee :Smile_amazed: I basically shelf Graf Spee because of that LeGEnDaRy German dispersion

4,505 posts
8,614 battles
12 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG new way to market and buy ships. Rentals. I have to be honest, it is tempting to buy some of the ships, with a chance to test their capability.

They have given me about 8 rental premiums so far - 4 are German (Tirpitz, Eugen, Z-39 and Scharn).

Not a surprise, they know :Smile_teethhappy: 

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
2,069 posts
10,803 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Somehow having one more turret makes Scharn 300% more comfortable to play than Graf Spee :Smile_amazed: I basically shelf Graf Spee because of that LeGEnDaRy German dispersion

So that's why the GK was so comfortable in space battle.

Theory 1: German sigma value is based on 3 guns per turret. Most German ships only has 2 guns per turret. (Exception is Scharnhorst and GK)

Theory 2: Firing broadside don't mix. Either forward only or rear only to be accurate. At least that's what I feel when Graf Spee was rented to me.

4,505 posts
8,614 battles
14 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

So that's why the GK was so comfortable in space battle.

Theory 1: German sigma value is based on 3 guns per turret. Most German ships only has 2 guns per turret. (Exception is Scharnhorst and GK)

Theory 2: Firing broadside don't mix. Either forward only or rear only to be accurate. At least that's what I feel when Graf Spee was rented to me.

Theory 3: more guns = higher chance to hit

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
2,069 posts
10,803 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Theory 3: more guns = higher chance to hit

lol. that's what Jingles would say. :Smile_teethhappy:

throw enough :etc_swear:, and pray some of them sticks.

Sign in to follow this