You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

is it alright if i give away my NA server beta key?

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

just today i receive an email from worldofwarship.com containing beta key, but since i already have an account in asian server is it alright if i give-away my beta key to other who are interested on testing the game?

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

Not sure, the key might be linked to your email account and not work with a different one, but probably need AALG or somebody in the know to confirm.

I would hang onto it if I were you, I also have access here but wish I had an NA key as I would like to compare the two servers (particularly quality of pub teamwork and coordination) before ultimately making a decision on which server I will invest my time and money.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Not sure, the key might be linked to your email account and not work with a different one, but probably need AALG or somebody in the know to confirm.

that is my concern too that's why i ask first.

I would hang onto it if I were you, I also have access here but wish I had an NA key as I would like to compare the two servers (particularly quality of pub teamwork and coordination) before ultimately making a decision on which server I will invest my time and money.

i would love to play on NA server but i'm not sure if my slow connection can handle the delay. i played other NA server games before i start playing WoW and they are fine but i'm not sure with WoW since i'm already experiencing lag on asian server.

but just in case, do i need to re-download the game just to connect to NA server?

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

don't mind playing NA with the ping. I do it on another game... which I will not name; but hint at ... ( always makes me lose my HUD and details when I try to zoom in )

I just re-read the Pre-order package details... if I buy it... I get CBT Access... whee !!

digs for wallet... I'll change my name to wallet_sailor if it doesn't cost anything....

:child:

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

You cant give it away. Its linked to your NA account and its email.

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

but just in case, do i need to re-download the game just to connect to NA server?

Most likely, in WoT they were different clients but shared about 99% of data, you could run multi clients from one install with the aid of mods or if you knew which files had to be changed. I kinda doubt that such mods have been created for this game at this time.

It would be possible to do without redownloading everything but you would need to find someone in the know to help you out.

Edited by Cronk

Alpha Tester
51 posts
249 battles

There's a mod floating around these forums to let you pick your server

Well there ya go, didn't think anyone would have made one yet due to lack of demand. But OP should probably try to hunt that one down.