Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Sometimes you just hate this popup for some reason

19 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
1,327 posts
9,626 battles

I get the same pop up on my linux machine.

This must be a Windows issue as my WOWS in Linux is "emulated" in a Windows environment.

That lessens one issue in Linux, but adds another question as to what causes it in Windows.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
3,067 posts
14,037 battles

I get that error too, but pretty rarely.

A more common bug is where I am stuck in the post-battle results and can't get back into the main menu.

I have to kill the game and restart it.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
1,327 posts
9,626 battles
13 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

I get that error too, but pretty rarely.

A more common bug is where I am stuck in the post-battle results and can't get back into the main menu.

I have to kill the game and restart it.

Same here. Just wondering where can we get the logs and send to tech team for a look. It is uncommon but a recurring issue. Would be nice to get some resolution, or get it fixed in the upcomming patches.

And congratz on your 1000. :)

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
1,666 posts
10,066 battles

I only get this popup when I use  the ship skin mods. Probably the mods only support high graphic settings or any other reasons.

But the one bug which gets me stuck on post-battle results happens more frequently since 0.8.6

[-CAT-]
1,327 posts
9,626 battles
8 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I only get this popup when I use  the ship skin mods. Probably the mods only support high graphic settings or any other reasons.

But the one bug which gets me stuck on post-battle results happens more frequently since 0.8.6

Could be Direct X rendering issue or WG moving to a new engine or system that may have rendering issue or eats up a lot of resource?

My 1070 is only at 60 degrees C. Eat a bit of resource at "Very High" settings but still have enough room to do other things than gaming.

Adding mods may eat up some resource, but as for me, no mods, still gets this pop up time to time after post battle results. I feel that it could be a software issue.

[FORCE]
1,666 posts
10,066 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

Could be Direct X rendering issue or WG moving to a new engine or system that may have rendering issue or eats up a lot of resource?

My 1070 is only at 60 degrees C. Eat a bit of resource at "Very High" settings but still have enough room to do other things than gaming.

Adding mods may eat up some resource, but as for me, no mods, still gets this pop up time to time after post battle results. I feel that it could be a software issue.

Maybe you're right about the rendering issue. I mean whenever this popup appears, the Task Manager shows the CPU drops to 0 instantly. I don't use skin mods frequently at all due to this problem. I only use the ship icon mods & recently I use my own voiceover mods, both mods never cause any issues at all.

[LBAS]
Modder
6,178 posts
37,450 battles

It consumes memory more than ~ 25% compare to 0.8.8 and  some thing weird/doubt about leaking memory, 4 crashed to day

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,292 posts
15,955 battles

I'm getting much slower alt-tabs and it doesn't seem to free up a game restart when I swap accounts.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Modder
6,178 posts
37,450 battles
13 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

@MatterCore @Sir_Feather Better be prepared and take some screen shots and send to bug report forum.

As early as 0.8.6 correct?

no it just crashed and exit to desktop instantly, nothing else to catch

[LBAS]
Modder
6,178 posts
37,450 battles

and yet can not re-open battle report again after exited to port

Edited by MatterCore

[-CAT-]
1,327 posts
9,626 battles
9 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

no it just crashed and exit to desktop instantly, nothing else to catch

8 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

and yet can not re-open battle report again after exited to port

😞

I will try in Linux. It is an "emulator" so it will create logs in Lutris. I can not guarantee I will get result, but I will try. No promises. 😞

It will take time as Lutris is another layer to decipher before I can get Windows data.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
3,067 posts
14,037 battles
6 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

And congratz on your 1000. 🙂 

Thanks! Didn't notice that until you pointed it out.  :Smile_medal:

I post too much lol.

• Cool 1

1,145 posts
4,770 battles
5 hours ago, MatterCore said:

It consumes memory more than ~ 25% compare to 0.8.8 and  some thing weird/doubt about leaking memory, 4 crashed to day

My laptop computer is relatively weak, though still capable to run the game under low settings. From yesterday morning, due to the new patch, I seems to suffer a half-minute "freeze" (worse than simple FPS drops) at the beginning of every random battle.

And yes, the game now comsumes significantly more memory than before.

[AN-DO]
626 posts
9,319 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I'm getting much slower alt-tabs and it doesn't seem to free up a game restart when I swap accounts.

I'm getting the same with alt-tabs too. I don't have multiple personality disorder though so I wouldn't know about swapping accounts :Smile_teethhappy:

[KOOKA]
[KOOKA]
142 posts
9,916 battles

Yes, it is a memory leak & Updating video card software plays a big part in the Error & background running software that can be turned off helps.

[-CAT-]
1,327 posts
9,626 battles
2 hours ago, Area51P41 said:

Yes, it is a memory leak & Updating video card software plays a big part in the Error & background running software that can be turned off helps.

Remainds me of my collage days.

Memory leak = Software aging

Sign in to follow this