Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HuginnKR

Feedback Thread for Update 0.8.9

Update 0.8.9 Feedback Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy 0.8.9 update overall?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I generally don't like it
    • I don't like it at all
  2. 2. What do you think about Italian Cruisers?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  3. 3. What do you think about Halloween operations(Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness)?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  4. 4. What do you think about new Halloween mode(Raid for the Filth)?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  5. 5. What do you think about spotting and detectability system change?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all
  6. 6. What do you think about other improvements and fixes?

• I like it a lot
    • I generally like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't like it at all

11 comments in this topic

WG Staff
511 posts

Hello captains,

We would like to hear your thoughts on how you like this update. Tell us your opinion.

Here are the inclusions for this update so far:

• Italian Cruisers
  • Halloween operations, Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness
  • Raid for the Filth
  • Game Balance Changes
  • Spotting and detectability system change
  • Other improvements and fixes

Please check the details here: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-089-italian-cruisers/

If you encounter any bugs, please comment here:

Please give us your feedback by voting and commenting.

Action Stations!

25 posts
15,985 battles

Playing tier 5 and tier 8 Italian cruisers.  These will build cobwebs sitting in my port as they are now. Hit and run ships, but as ichase said, around 40 to 50k damage is ok, 70k is a great game.  Nothing here to excite one to play them.  i will continue to find the key to them for a short time

[LBAS]
4,254 posts
9,857 battles

Worst than soviet BB.
These stuff not even fit for my type. 
15-20 sec reload IJN could do better than this. 

Everything slowly I often lost important points. :etc_swear:

shot-19.10.19_14.28.50-0665.jpg

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[SALT]
1,888 posts
10,504 battles

Only have T5, but pasta Cruiser is weak.

SAP cant replace HE, and skill floor for this line is high, and mediocre in performance. It either need faster reload or SAP should have higher bounce tolerance

[KAMI]
7 posts
23,192 battles

I have 3 of the Italian cruisers plus the genova. Lets start with the genova, in one word garbage, the Montecuccoli is better than the genova and it is pretty bad.  Trento is mediocre, but my goodness the Zara is really bad, at least the 2 lower tier ships have a bit of speed.  The Zara with it's 12.1 best concealment and it's poor 16.1 firing range, and its max speed of around 33 knots, seems neither able to fight effectively nor run away, (and remember you will see quite a few tier 9 matches in this ship).  The few times I have been in a position to fire on an enemy dd or any ship for that matter,  I have to wait 14.5 sec (in the Zara) to fire again,  by which time the enemy dd has gone into cover, be it an island or smoke, or the other ship has angled effectively enough that my next salvo is pretty much useless.  

Over all the 3 lower tier Italian cruisers are in a pretty poor state.  the are not fun to play.  My Duca and Abbruzzi are much more fun, and average better damage over all.  

I do not have the Amalfi, but other clan members who have got it, tell me it is better.

Here is hoping WG gives the italian cruisers a few buffs, for I pity other players who would have to grind there way through them.  it's gonna get frustrating and painful to grind them.  

Recommend they get a small concealment buff, about the same as the Duca and Abbruzzi, as well as 2 more seconds off their reload time, in conjunction to returning the auto bounce numbers they had during testing.

Just my 2 cents.

• Cool 1

10 posts
5,977 battles

They need heal. All of the line. Even if its only 1 charge, like Royal Navy DDs. With premium and Superintendent, that's 3 charges of heal. It's a selfish line, with no utility (hydro, radar, DFAA) to enhance your team. So capitalise on the selfishness, Wargaming. 

• This line lacks concealment.
  • Lacks armour.
  • Lacks ability to fire over islands. 
  • Lacks range to stay safely at distance and dodge most incoming fire and torpedos. 

It may have smoke but that's more like a get out of jail free card. To turn around and disengage. You can use it offensively rarely because smoke penalty is around 9km on Amalfi, probably more on Venezia. 

Heal would give them more staying power. High alpha does not equal high DPM. I find doing damage with the cruisers is like chip damage. Like what I'd expect from an inaccurate BB firing from max distance. With heal at least I would have a chance of surviving a full 20 minute game. It won't be OP, Atago has proved that having heal below top tier can be a balanced tool. 

4,205 posts
8,059 battles

Montecuccoli, Trento and Zara (and even Amalfi) need concealment buff. Period.

Edited by Paladinum

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
170 posts

It says I got a Twitch Crate and two Twitch Missions during a live streaming. I got the same after logging in at WoWs. But I cannot find them. No crates, and none in the Personal Missions. Happened 3x already this month. 😞 

7 posts
6,326 battles

To be honest I will not be bothering with Italian cruisers as they really really are a sucky ship. Over all the game is loosing it's appeal and is going the way of world of tanks for me which I quit because the influx of non English understanding players is killing it, they mill about and hide in one corner, which is dropping win %. And no I don't want  a free transfer to NA because death by lag isn't fun either.

Sign in to follow this