You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HuginnKR

0.8.9 Bug Report Thread

30 comments in this topic

WG Staff
511 posts

Hello, Commanders!

Have you already played our new 0.8.9 update?

How's everything going so far? As you've already noticed, there are several changes and improvements in this update.

We kindly ask you to report any bugs or problems on this thread. Related screenshot or replay files would be much appreciated.

Also, please be noted that this thread is for bugs and issues on 0.8.9 only.

Hide contents

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within a section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us exampleson
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

Action Stations!

[OICNT]
1 post
7,295 battles

Just thought I'd let you know a few bugs I've had with the new update.

First seems to be known and is discussed on other WoWs forums, I can't exit the game properly. Game hangs in exit screen and have to use task manager to exit game.

Second port UI seems very laggy and can't get into news at all, just sits there loading.

Third the new event directives, it says I completed some of the missions in the end screen and has the mission ticked however back in port the mission remains active and isn't completed. I received no reward for them either. So far this was only the 7 victories mission, I'm stuck at 6, and the 10 kills mission, I'm stuck at 9.

Hope this helps fix whatever is going on.

[WOWMY]
[WOWMY]
25 posts
7,856 battles

The inventory menu is not open. I wait for about 5 minutes. Nothing.

Link: https://youtu.be/hqCYXcNC3bg

[SALT]
1,888 posts
10,504 battles

Game Crashes whenever exit the game.

Need task manager to kill the process everytime

[KMS-A]
179 posts
4,575 battles

Not a bug but should be fixed - armory is not using the correct icons (special vs premium) for the ships.

[RNZN]
Beta Tester
10 posts
3,360 battles

Also the Naval battle enable/disable button is in Russian. Not running any mods and confirmed it is happening for others.

image.thumb.png.4747838177cba9d366286d2e1c328b52.png

• Cool 2

[RNZN]
Beta Tester
10 posts
3,360 battles

Also getting this on ships with futuristic camouflage (jet engines out back etc) when running speed boost. My friend who screen capped it runs mods but i could see it in the battle without running them.

image.thumb.png.eb4a2d55526c974d1e90c08adde40c9a.png

Edited by Dark_Hoshino

[TF44]
379 posts
3,785 battles
16 hours ago, humusz said:

Game Crashes whenever exit the game.

Need task manager to kill the process everytime

Same here. Except Task manager does not pick it up. Have to shut down pc and fire up again to clear game.

B_T23

[PEEDZ]
54 posts
7,671 battles
1 hour ago, Dark_Hoshino said:

Also getting this on ships with futuristic camouflage (jet engines out back etc) when running speed boost. My friend who screen capped it runs mods but i could see it in the battle without running them.

image.thumb.png.eb4a2d55526c974d1e90c08adde40c9a.png

I'm getting that too, plus laggy ui that only 1/2 resets after games..

looks like this:

laggyui.thumb.png.dcd9fa82dae01e3a4a0061d9b15d9c26.png

yes I am in bukky, can battle etc, but only transfer my captain after a battle has taken place

7 posts
788 battles

I had my second battle on my pensacola since I'm tired of my Neptune and this happened.

https://youtu.be/Z0MvEG3iVdE

The camera is locked in place and I assume chat doesn't work for me cuz I can't see my teammates' responses on my struggles in chat. I could still move the ship and use consumbles though, but can't operate the guns.

then next game, I played my Neptune, it happened again. In the middle of the game. The camera left the ship... literally. The ship sails to the corner of the screen. Too bad I wasn't able to record it.

https://youtu.be/4qamkQJKgMg

It's annoying and making me worry every time I join a match since it renders me completely useless. Please fix it. I might be the only one experiencing this and if so, it must be because of my PC specs. If that's the case, please give me procedures on how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

[-CAT-]
1,310 posts
9,556 battles

Alt-Tab seems to perform worse than the previous patch. Slower and more lag.

As well as when Alt-Tab back to the game, the game seems to not process, and the ship suddenly speeds to its supposed game location.

The new patch eats a lot of memory (a least 15% to 25% more) compared to the previous patch. Some what causing the game to hang or crash.

Game hangs (not responding, have to task kill)

Game discons (without error message and just exits to desktop)

Game crashes (without error message and just exits to desktop)

Game crashes (with error message. see picture below. reports folder is empty in windows but in linux, logs are captured.)

image.png

The game hangs, crashes, discons at random with no specific number of games. Sometimes with only 1 game, sometimes after 5 games, sometimes after 20 games.

Also, no mods added.

Taranto Port: Crane sound missing after collecting your container but before opening container.  (other ports seems good)

Reload sound, voice over, shells hitting the ship sound at the same time, only one is played and registered while the rest are muffled, not played, or sound was cut entirely.

Still no spent cartrige sound after firing you guns on certain ships.

Premium ship's camo is present on enemy side in co-op.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[POI]
962 posts
9,912 battles

well, it is still the same old story of client having issue with GPU (GTX 1050 Ti)

it used to crash the GPU driver (either the game client turned a black screen on me, which I need to go back to "Desktop" and activate the task manager to kill the game client and quickly jump back in; or the computer just become unresponsive other than pushing the computer physical power button to shut it down and manually restarting it) ) while either loading of the result screen by then end of a match (usually after a heavy match), or while in the waiting screen. It used to happened once every time I freshly power up my desktop.

after this update, it happnens more randomly, and it had twice forcing me to restart my computer when loading into a match. I was late by 1 or 2 minutes intoboth matches, but luckily both I was in an BB.

1,119 posts
4,726 battles

There seems to exist a graphic bug related to the Italian cruisers and their Semi-AP shells.

If an enemy ship is sunk by SAP shell gunfire, instead of a regular "destroyed by main gun" icon, a "destroyed by disciplinary penalty" icon is displayed instead.

17 posts
9,023 battles

When I want to exit the game  

but.... i can not    Have been watching this page for a long time.    can not Unable to return to normal screen desktop my

in morning time to night time for  0.8.9 patch  

Fast modifly    thank.

33.jpg

Edited by Black_SheepZ01

3 posts
3,219 battles

Naval battles only seem to be counting 1 star for every bar, passed the 65k bar, it says 2 points in the mouse over, but I only received 1 star. Happening to another clan mate too, assuming everyone.

[ROD]
17 posts
23,532 battles

A minor issue compared with some above but I have noted since the last update ( 0.8.9 ) that "Spotted" ribbons are still being awarded / credited several minutes after my ship has been destroyed.

• Cool 2

[FFD-S]
Modder
23 posts
4,241 battles

1479229146_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.5f753e4455c935c74bbc5874eb2c00ca.png

I was playing Shokaku and somehow, the game was stuck at something. I couldn't move my ship and I cannot even send messages to the chat. Yes, I lost control of my ship. Although it is not visible from the screenshot above, my cursor changed to something like this image.png.e1da7535690c2c1badcf97beade8f7f4.png (there was a moving icon next to my cursor).

I am not sure about the reason why this happened but I have some ideas. I was using my dive bomber and I pressed 'M' to toggle the map. Then, I set where my ship should move quite rapidly. When I pressed 'M' again, that's when this happened. 

* Edit 1

I have confirmed that this happens quite frequently. I might upload a video to YouTube if necessary. What you need to do is that you need to choose a random place on the map (far away from you) and then choose somewhere really close to your ship. Finally, you just need to choose your ship and you will lose control of your ship. What you need to notice is that usually when you choose your own ship, your cursor won't become something like thisimage.png.e1da7535690c2c1badcf97beade8f7f4.png but a normal cursor with nothing.

* Edit 2

-60503623cbe1b66a.thumb.jpg.db1bf254e576c9379800a724a810fa41.jpg

I asked my friend to test this bug and I can confirm that this affects all ship types. However, he could still control his ship but I couldn't. When the game ended, his interface became like this and he couldn't do anything. He had to kill the game. This is definitely a bug and I think the game is thinking that the player is still choosing a point. This is extremely rare but for cv players, it might be a problem.

* Edit 3

FIRE.thumb.png.e886e190c9d45bf85d950338fe81ff2b.png

-47923d9b9cdb68d8.thumb.jpg.35667f05f1b71e9d7b7646de80260c62.jpg

Some more screenshots. It shows that all ship types can trigger this bug with any maps. I will stop further investigations. Thank you for reading.

Edited by HenryQuan
added even more info

[FFD-S]
Modder
23 posts
4,241 battles
On 10/21/2019 at 2:44 PM, Gorean_2018 said:

A minor issue compared with some above but I have noted since the last update ( 0.8.9 ) that "Spotted" ribbons are still being awarded / credited several minutes after my ship has been destroyed.

I am experiencing the same issue as well.

[KMS-A]
11 posts
9,195 battles

After I finish a battle and exit to Port, the captain of the last ship I played with is displayed for every ship I select. Here you can see I have the selected GC but it is showing my Prinz Eugen captain. 

bug.png

Edited by sis2310

[FISH]
Beta Tester
7 posts
12,877 battles

Alaska octodroid camo discription bug (mind as well just repost here)

So i check the armory the description writing shows '+20% credits per battle' but on the port camo tab there isn't

1.png

2.png

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
1,087 posts
7,242 battles

Played only 3 times since 0.8.9 and crashed out 3 times? Could be my end but not sure.

[-CAT-]
1,310 posts
9,556 battles

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

Twilight battle only availalbe on the first 2 stage of daily mission part / chain 1.

No twilight battle on daily mission part / chain 1, stage 3. And daily mission part / chain 2.

1,119 posts
4,726 battles
19 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

Twilight battle only availalbe on the first 2 stage of daily mission part / chain 1.

No twilight battle on daily mission part / chain 1, stage 3. And daily mission part / chain 2.

I suspect it is an unintentional oversight. 

Both Daily Mission Part 1 Stage 3 and Part 2 demand "win battles and get at least this certain amount of XP", however, the traditional win, lose or draw classification of battle results is nonexistent for the Twilight Battles this year as everyone wins (though the background music of a lose is still played when a battle is finished) with his/her share of filth collected from a raid.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

[-CAT-]
1,310 posts
9,556 battles
6 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Both Daily Mission Part 1 Stage 3 and Part 2 demand "win battles and get at least this certain amount of XP", however, the traditional win, lose or draw classification of battle results is nonexistent for the Twilight Battles this year as everyone wins (though the background music of a lose is still played when a battle is finished) with his/her share of filth collected from a raid.

If you put it that way, it is intentionally implemented by WG.

Not going to make it easy for us.

1,119 posts
4,726 battles
51 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

If you put it that way, it is intentionally implemented by WG.

Not going to make it easy for us.

That's perhaps the only drawback of this mode this year. One still have to play regular games, besides the need to do daily XP grind on certain ships, to do the daily coal grind.

I have been enjoying this mode and honored all the truces that has been put forward (almost in every raid since many players find out a pure PvE benefits everyone).

• Cool 1