Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[WoWS new news] No.19 - ... one GARBAGE nerf, one bad buff, some buffs/nerfs to Pasta cruisers and 2019 Black Friday ships

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles

Read for yourselves:

Quote

ST, changes to test ships.

American cruiser Puerto Rico, tier X:

- Sigma parameter was changed from 1.9 to 2.2

The test results have shown that the ship lacks sufficient accuracy of the main caliber guns for effective play.

German cruiser Mainz, tier VIII:

- Bow and aft armor reduced from 27 to 25 mm (Poster's opinion: GARBAGE CHANGE)

Mainz's bow and aft armor is reduced to better match the light cruiser type and to highlight the difference from the Admiral Hipper.

Italian cruiser Eritrea, tier I:

- Main battery reload time was reduced from 4.5 to 3.5 s

Italian cruiser Nino Bixio, tier II:

- Main battery reload time was reduced from 13 to 12 s

Italian cruiser Taranto, tier III:

- Detectability range by air increased from 4 to 5.1 km
- Main battery reload time was reduced from 13 to 12 s

Italian cruiser Alberto Di Giussano, tier IV:

- Detectability range by air increased from 4.5 to 5.1 km

Italian cruiser Raimondo Montecuccoli, tier V:

- Main battery reload time was increased from 13 to 14.3 s
- Torpedoes reload time increased from 47 to 55 s

Italian cruiser Trento, tier VI:

- Main battery reload time was reduced from 16 to 15 s

We continue to tune the Italian cruisers: the reload time of these ships armaments has been changed to improve their balance. Detectability range by air of Taranto and Alberto Di Giussano was less than AA defense action zone, so it was increased.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

 

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-black-friday-sansonettis-personalizations-and-skills-regia-marina-emblems-ab4feee55ece

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
574
[-CAT-]
Member
1,327 posts
9,626 battles

German cruiser Mainz, tier VIII:

- Bow and aft armor reduced from 27 to 25 mm (GARBAGE CHANGE)

Mainz's bow and aft armor is reduced to better match the light cruiser type and to highlight the difference from the Admiral Hipper.

 

What the fudge WG! She is built on a Hipper hull and not Prinz Eugen hull. Doing this would no longer make her the paper ship she is suppose to be and becomes an entirely new WG ship. Might as well make her a tech tree cruiser if you plan to nerf her armor. As if her orbital guns are not handicap enough.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles
13 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

German cruiser Mainz, tier VIII:

- Bow and aft armor reduced from 27 to 25 mm (GARBAGE CHANGE)

Mainz's bow and aft armor is reduced to better match the light cruiser type and to highlight the difference from the Admiral Hipper.

 

What the fudge WG! She is built on a Hipper hull and not Prinz Eugen hull. Doing this would no longer make her the paper ship she is suppose to be and becomes an entirely new WG ship. Might as well make her a tech tree cruiser if you plan to nerf her armor. As if her orbital guns are not handicap enough.

Here I think Hipper, Roon and Hinden should get like 30 mm bow and aft to shrug off 406/410 shells.

There cannot be an OP German ship in this game because of this way of biased thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,144 posts
4,770 battles

The nerf to Mainz is downright awful. Put hull plating aside (at least she retained 27-mm midsection hull plating, however she is much less agile in comparison with Bayard), I think the German 150-mm gun need some buff to be competitive in T8. Orbital ballistics, wonky AP and anemic HE and with T5 Konigsberg's 7.5s reload...

The buff to CA-2D Puerto Rico... is welcome. Though I haven't touched any large cruiser yet (besides some experience in Scharnhorst and Jean Bart which has some similiarity), it is glad to see new premiums would better than "meh" (or even garbage like the recent Yahagi and Viribus Unitis). I have seen some players from Chinese WoWS community complaining and joking bitterly that the new ship may end up as an enlarged Buffalo rather than an improved Alaska. Wargaming, please, prove that they are wrong.

It seems that WG decided Trento's previous nerf was somewhat overdone wile Montecuccoli needs further nerf? The Italians did not get rid of the practice of placing multiple guns on a common cradle on their cruisers until Condottieri-V Abruzzi-class (all actually-built Italian heavy cruisers and four of the five sub-classes of Condottieri-class), and despite being compact and lightweight, common slide arrangement caused numerous problems including excessive dispersion and sluggish reload, further worsened by design oversight and inexperience in Trento-class and Condottieri-I Giussano-class. As a result and perhaps to help counterbalance their fast speed and potent SAP Alpha, both Giussano and Montecuccoli suffer from such extremely sluggish RoF (though the reload time of Montecuccoli does improves a bit), while Duca d'Aosta uses some of the best stats possible perhaps under ideal conditions (7.5s reload time and shell data from Giussano which were proved to cause excessive wear on the main guns) to help remedy her performance due to being uptiered.

Sansonetti's Expert Loader skill would help with the sluggish reload of Italian cruisers, while improved torpedo accleration, WG has decided to adapt slow, long-ranged torpedoes as a national feature of future Italian ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,410 posts
5,250 battles

Whoever does ST their ship , is not fit for that . Cereal Box ST players... - mumbles -

I mean Nerf Montecuccoli Reload speed but buffing Trento?! As if Montecuccoli is Furutaka.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[LBAS]
Member
2,749 posts
13,419 battles

Some STs needed to be Purged, as a matter of Fact, Mainz nerf is UNACCEPTABLE and HERETIC.

BI0qaev.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,144 posts
4,770 battles
Just now, LawrenceXVIII said:

Whoever does ST their ship , is not fit for that .

I mean Nerf Montecuccoli Reload speed but buffing Trento?! As if Montecuccoli is Furutaka.

Perhaps some of the factors involved include Montecuccoli can make 37-knots without Sierra Mike (38.9-knots with Sierra Mike, almost on par with the famed Emile Bertin) and has that full-throttle smokescreen.

I am interested in the possible entertainment potential of T4 Giussano also. 36.5-kts (38.3-kts with Sierra Mike) would be interesting for a T4 cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,410 posts
5,250 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

Perhaps some of the factors involved include Montecuccoli can make 37-knots without Sierra Mike (38.9-knots with Sierra Mike, almost on par with the famed Emile Bertin) and has that full-throttle smokescreen.

I am interested in the possible entertainment potential of T4 Giussano also. 36.5-kts (38.3-kts with Sierra Mike) would be interesting for a T4 cruiser.

 

Well , i cant complain about their speed since they're designed to be high speed cruiser, but it doesn't make any sense bout Increasing their gun reload from 13 to 14.3 ..  If its 14 seconds , which is okay , why odd numbers tho? Plus their guns aren't 203mm . 11 seconds to 12 should be fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,144 posts
4,770 battles
1 minute ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

Well , i cant complain about their speed since they're designed to be high speed cruiser, but it doesn't make any sense bout Increasing their gun reload from 13 to 14.3 ..  If its 14 seconds , which is okay , why odd numbers tho? Plus their guns aren't 203mm . 11 seconds to 12 should be fine.

 

They have in fact "undone" a previous nerf to Trento actually.

The strange 14.3 may be related with some calculation about DPM output (4.2 salvoes per minute) perhaps?

Also Emile Bertin suffers from the 13s relaod time to offset her blistering maneuverability. Many Italian cruisers suffered from sluggish reload IRL also. Another examples on the opposite side are Aoba and Ibuki to buff them, as they are effectively side-grades of the ships from previous tiers.

Besides, as for high speed, one sister of Giussano, Barbiano, once reached 42-knots at 123k shp for 30 minutes during her trial run, though under light load, the typical Italian practice of that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,410 posts
5,250 battles
2 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

They have in fact "undone" a previous nerf to Trento actually.

The strange 14.3 may be related with some calculation about DPM output (4.2 salvoes per minute) perhaps?

Also Emile Bertin suffers from the 13s relaod time to offset her blistering maneuverability. Many Italian cruisers suffered from sluggish reload IRL also. Another examples on the opposite side are Aoba and Ibuki to buff them, as they are effectively side-grades of the ships from previous tiers.

Besides, as for high speed, one sister of Giussano, Barbiano, once reached 42-knots at 123k shp for 30 minutes during her trial run, though under light load, the typical Italian practice of that time.

 

You forgot Kirov man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,144 posts
4,770 battles
Just now, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

You forgot Kirov man.

Aha, due to design oversight, IRL Kirov suffers from very, very sluggish reload, and when Soviet cruisers came to this game years ago, players were astonished and disgusted by the historically-accurate 20s reload on a T5 cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,410 posts
5,250 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

Aha, due to design oversight, IRL Kirov suffers from very, very sluggish reload, and when Soviet cruisers came to this game years ago, players were astonished and disgusted by the historically-accurate 20s reload on a T5 cruiser.

 

Wow, to thought say 20 second on a T5 Cruiser, They forgot about how Furutaka's stock 200mm cannon is 22 seconds.

Kirov should had been 14 - 15 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,144 posts
4,770 battles
3 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

Wow, to thought say 20 second on a T5 Cruiser, They forgot about how Furutaka's stock 200mm cannon is 22 seconds.

Kirov should had been 14 - 15 seconds.

Yes, Furutaka's stock hull is even more disgusting with that cumbersome arrangement which makes the stock grind extremely frustrating as you have anemic range, anemic torpedoes, anemic AA and sluggish guns in terms of both reload and traverse. However we have the wonderful Hull-C finally.

Checked the WiP Hawkins, though the World War-I arrangement remains the same, at least she has decent 13s reload and 18s 180-degrees traverse.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
422
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,410 posts
5,250 battles
5 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Yes, Furutaka's stock hull is even more disgusting with that cumbersome arrangement which makes the stock grind extremely frustrating as you have anemic range, anemic torpedoes, anemic AA and sluggish guns in terms of both reload and traverse. However we have the wonderful Hull-C finally.

Checked the WiP Hawkins, though the World War-I arrangement remains the same, at least she has decent 13s reload and 18s 180-degrees traverse.

 

Well again, some cruisers reload don't make sense even though Hawkins is just a single cannon with respectable reload which makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles

Before I forget...

Another one goes to WG's track record of making horrible decisions. Even though it's not live yet, a nerf to any German ship is horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
556
Member
729 posts
19,634 battles

Why are you all blaming ST's for these changes? It's not like they have any say in the decision making process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,230
[TLS]
Member
3,510 posts
19,147 battles
15 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Why are you all blaming ST's for these changes? It's not like they have any say in the decision making process.

^ This. For all we know the ST are just as frustrated as us, pulling their hair out as their warnings go unheeded.

This culture of "relying on spreadsheets" is stupid so long as they do not immediately take action when they see abnormal trends. To put it simply: if wars were fought like how wg takes actions on spreadsheets, wg would be pows now since they are reacting to a battle that has long passed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles
36 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Why are you all blaming ST's for these changes? It's not like they have any say in the decision making process.

Where in this thread I ever blamed the Super Testers? 

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
556
Member
729 posts
19,634 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Where in this thread I ever blamed the Super Testers? 

I have no idea why you'd think I was referring to you when it's clearly others pointing the finger at STs. Do you even read other comments?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles
7 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

I have no idea why you'd think I was referring to you when it's clearly others pointing the finger at STs. Do you even read other comments?

I've seen none of that.

The fingers were always pointed at WG and no one else.

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
139
[LGND]
Member
437 posts
11,498 battles

super cruiser dispersion + 2.2 sigma.....
wow the shells dispersion will be so tight probably much better than yamato....
mini montana with yamato dispersion.... RIP CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles
19 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

Do you even read other comments?

Well there was one comment by Lawrence, but then the conversation between him and Project45 veered off into historical stats. So, there is one instance. One.

And whether the stats getting changed or not depends on WG, the STs can complain or praise all they can but it's WG.

 

Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
556
Member
729 posts
19,634 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I've seen none of that.

The fingers were always pointed at WG and no one else.

 

11 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Whoever does ST their ship , is not fit for that . Cereal Box ST players... - mumbles -

I mean Nerf Montecuccoli Reload speed but buffing Trento?! As if Montecuccoli is Furutaka.

I guess I imagined it. People even edit posts, I'm told. Amazing.

Edited by Bex_o7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,090
Member
4,231 posts
8,070 battles

Mr. Lawrence is also upset about Pasta cruisers being nerfed, so there's that :Smile_teethhappy: 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,230
[TLS]
Member
3,510 posts
19,147 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

Mr. Lawrence is also upset about Pasta cruisers being nerfed, so there's that :Smile_teethhappy: 

Pasta cruisers should get soggy on exposure with water and cooked after hit with fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×