You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ordrazz

Viribus Unitis - Crappius Unitis so far - Waste of $30

19 comments in this topic

[HMAS_]
2,072 posts
14,792 battles

I've waited forever on this ship ever since it was announced, & was very pleased & excited when WG finally decided to release it to us scrubs.....

HOWEVER,  now that i have it & have been playing it, trying to learn it, playing it with 0 point captain, then XP'ing the captain up to 10 points, & using my skill as a BB /seasoned / Early ship player , I cannot get this ship to do anything meaningful !!! 

the ship gets hunted relentlessly by greedy CVs who just want to milk damage & kills off you, because it only has 4 AA guns total,  every tom Dick & Harry lobs HE at you to burn you (because they too want easy kills), & because its tier 5, you get commonly up tiered to tier 7 games..... with a top speed of 21 knots & only a small boost with a speed flag, you are easily the slowest ship on the game...   you think "oh ok, well at least I have 12 12" guns that shoot sorta straight, then citadels & meaningful hits are more-or-less a certainty...   WRONG !!  RNG seems to rule this boat, meaning that only 1 in 5 salvoes will actually do significant damage... meanwhile between each salvo you have to try unsuccessfully dodging planes attacking you, enemy ships burning you or any DD torps hitting you....   then when your gun do reload, your target has turned or suddenly becomes invisible...

Now, i love lower tiers, always have, & i have been willing to put up with their foibles, what ever they may be, because (until now) there has always been something to negate the obvious flaws.... (yes , i know its low tier, so no need to be on your high horse saying " its low tier so what do you expect" etc...)    because every ship has its own character,  but I am damned f i can find this ships character... even when playing a whole day with matches FULL of Numpties....     & I'm not just some noob who doesn't have much experience in BBs or the game in general...

I get more accuracy & fun in playing the Kaiser, than i do with this ship... & that's something significant...   this ship the Viribus Unitis is the equivalent of the Karlshrue.. that's how bad it is...  & for $30 it should be at least enjoyable & playable... I mean for t5 I'm obviously not expecting too much, but come on.... I.m not asking for OPness here, but PLAYABILITY... esp when it gets up-tiered to T7... !!!!

If i wasn't a ship collector then i would be asking for my money back..... either that or drop the price to $15....   the Texas is so much more playable & worth it, compared to this.....

the best way to buff this ship would be to buff its main gun reload to say 20 seconds.....  & keep the crappy shell dispersion, penetration (or lack of) , & the up-tiering, that way the player could put up with the excessively slow speed, turning, & susceptibility to CV attack, & the likeliness of being singled out as an easy target... 

it needs a buff WG to be worth the $30 purchase price...  otherwise its a rip-off...  please fix

@GOMBEE8626

Ordrazz

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,250 battles

You SHOULD had wait for further research bout it , because Viribus Unitis i know in history has very few of those anti-aircraft guns.

then you consider bout purchasing a 30 Dollar Battleship.

Giulio Cesare can still Defeat the Austro Hungary Battleship.

I dont bother getting that BB due to non-existent AA , plus Ryujo or Ranger will come for you. Pitiful 305mm Cannon when you facing stronger battleships like Nagato and Colorado.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,307 battles

LOL. He pretty much sums up 95% of all the ships in the game. All gimmicks and total rubbish to play. Cant win in mediocre ships unless your being carried hard. If you have a good game, the other players on your team are getting sunk in record time. So you cant win. Bad experiences all round 80% of all games played. Forced to play the meta ships unless your a Unicum player. Majority of the players are below average at best. There just good to sit in port and view in the carousel.

[-BRO-]
499 posts
11,491 battles
13 hours ago, keskparane said:

When wg trolls ya you just gots to bend over and go to your special place. Just hang in there it should get better - or just learn to enjoy it

https://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/3766433072,Viribus-Unitis/

I don't think the stats tell the full story about a ships strength/weakness, who is playing the ship is as important as the ship, and it seems not that many have played the Vibris Unitis yet. Also see the difference between New York and Texas and the various Kongo's, that's a big difference for very similar ships.

I normally buy low tier BB's like her as I enjoy the game play with them generally. I love my Ishizuchi even though it lacks AA and can suffer from CV's. The issue I saw is that it's been pushed up to T5 despite really being a T4 design in every aspect. So I chose not to get this particular ship, had it been a T4 I might have considered it.

62 posts
6,678 battles

1.  Should be tier 4.

2. CV should be co-op only until tier 6 or no CV at all until tier 6.

Tier 4 is a duck shoot with CV and will continue to be even with proposed Hosho nerfs.  

The ship isn't the problem per se, more its environment is broken.

[4RSE]
176 posts
4,823 battles

T4 CV's are very vulnerable to that elusive and sneaky DD player who manages to slip behind the often inept cruisers and battleships. I rarely manage a win in my Langley when I take it out on rare occasions. It's frustrating when I manage to spot a DD close to a cruiser, and keep that DD spotted for well over a minute and the DD is totally ignored by that cruiser.

I make my 2 rocket strikes and move on to the next attack flight, trying to find and keep the DD's spotted is good team play, but nets zero XP for myself. It's the cruisers primary job to sink any DD that is found by the carrier. 

My personal opinion is the Langley is not OP, nor the Hermes. Both have anemic damage capability, but the Hosho on the other hand is OP for T4 with fast torps and AP bombs that can citadel battleships easily (with a little practice).

In regards to the Veritas Unitas, keep that baby turning and try to stay close to the cruisers for the AA defense.

Edited by lunsmann

[FORCE]
1,658 posts
10,066 battles

Some CC's have given full review on the ship, and most of them never rate it better than average, even as a T4. There are also several links that show the updates & changes for the upcoming ships like WoWs Dev Blog.

[BLESS]
971 posts
9,195 battles

It's my opinion that premium ships - the ones you pay real money for - should be at least moderately fun to play. That is, WG should make them that way, deliberately.

I'm not saying OP. I'm saying "enjoyable". What is the point, otherwise, of spending money for it?

The consensus view on Viribus Unitis is that it's garbage. The consensus view on Yahagi is that it's garbage. The consensus view on Yudachi is that it's garbage.

Of those I only have the Yahagi. Let me tell you straight up: that ship is garbage.

Let me define "garbage" : you will struggle in this ship to do 1/5th the damage you can do comfortably in Furutaka. The maps and game style of low tiers actively neutralize the ship's strengths, while when up-tiered, you are basically fish food. It is not weak so much as useless.

Once burnt twice shy as they say. No more money for ships from me, WG.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 2

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,250 battles
43 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Some CC's have given full review on the ship, and most of them never rate it better than average, even as a T4. There are also several links that show the updates & changes for the upcoming ships like WoWs Dev Blog.

CC already said that, this thing is already a free lunch for CV mains . Be it Tier IV or VI. Plus this thing is under-performing than my Duca D'aosta.

Plus its gonna be a big trouble if it faced , KGV , Nagato , Lyon , Colorado , Sinop & Gneisenau.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[TLS]
3,504 posts
19,142 battles

I will wait for LWM's review. Her reviews are very spot on for me. 

IMO, most of the lower tier ships are not worth the money. Most of my T6s and below are crate delivered. It is an amazement that wg's balancing department (if it even exists) hasn't started to strike considering they go insane attempting to balance for +/-2 MM. 

I was considering the POItage just for the POIs but from all the feedback, I don't think it is POIssible for me to own POI.

4,216 posts
8,070 battles

"With united force" is the meaning of the ship's name. It means you have to teamplay.

Teamplay in a team vs team game? Sounds utterly insane, right? :Smile_trollface:

1,123 posts
4,741 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I will wait for LWM's review. Her reviews are very spot on for me. 

IMO, most of the lower tier ships are not worth the money. Most of my T6s and below are crate delivered. It is an amazement that wg's balancing department (if it even exists) hasn't started to strike considering they go insane attempting to balance for +/-2 MM. 

I was considering the POItage just for the POIs but from all the feedback, I don't think it is POIssible for me to own POI.

About low-tier balance, what the heck did WG Balance staff think when they decided to place SMS Kolberg at T3 and give Karlsruhe such anemic range for a line with long-range theme?

Perfect examples include SMS Graudenz which substituted her original 105-mm guns for much more powerful 150-mm ones during the war.

[TLS]
3,504 posts
19,142 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

"With united force" is the meaning of the ship's name. It means you have to teamplay.

Teamplay in a team vs team game? Sounds utterly insane, right? :Smile_trollface:

Wrong server friend. Just the wrong server for viribus unitis. 😛

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,250 battles
27 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Dunno if dis a humor or a " For Real " thing to do.

Follow with United Force dont exist in SEA server.

• Funny 1

[MRI]
3,064 posts
14,023 battles

Yeah most of the reviewers have been saying it is crap.

Buy only if you are interested in its histoury.

[TLS]
3,504 posts
19,142 battles

10 knots slower than Kongo. Tight turning means nothing if you still remain in the dispersion circle of salvo. Armour and HP pool unsatisfactory especially if uptiered. If placed as a T4 BB, would be OP at its tier. 

In essence, this comes down to "slotting a historical ship into an artificial scaling system that has huge spread to cover". I would add that in real life, the differences between classes become blurry as technology progresses. 

"You cannot hit something that is no longer where it was 5 seconds ago".

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1