Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

reporting Bot players from Coop Battles

16 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles

During my Coop run with the Akizuki (Currently doing the Cape Esperance event) i saw an AFK Hindenburg and mostly my WR on my Akizuki to 99%, is WG responding to AFK Bot players? i have the Replay, but i don't know how to. they're gonna formely say that the player's profile is Private like that.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles

There are also many cases on Higher tiers with bots on Coop Battles, appearing at Tier VIII-X Mostly, has anyone encountered these players?

[MRI]
3,435 posts
14,811 battles

I have been encountering a fair number of them.

They are very obviously bots because they would do things a normal person wouldn't do - like sail past enemies to some empty corner of the map.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,542 posts
5,464 battles

Like Randoms, This one is fairly special case of some bots that like to go straight line.

[-CAT-]
2,044 posts
10,765 battles

Used to be T6 to T8. Now that they have farmed enough FXP with ther premium ship, they now desicrate, T8 to T10.

AFAIAK, WG has done little to remediate. I still can see some of them in the game for the past 8 months to 1.5 year.

Hall of fame? I'm seeing some.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,542 posts
5,464 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

Used to be T6 to T8. Now that they have farmed enough FXP with ther premium ship, they now desicrate, T8 to T10.

AFAIAK, WG has done little to remediate. I still can see some of them in the game for the past 8 months to 1.5 year.

Hall of fame? I'm seeing some.

Forget Hall of Fame, its rigged so badly that some ppl in the first place had a name in numbers. Its probably CN users or Bots.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
15 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Forget Hall of Fame, its rigged so badly that some ppl in the first place had a name in numbers. Its probably CN users or Bots.

At least that confirms my suspicion.

Wait CN users has their own server (CN server) right? How come they are allowed to play outside? Their CV is still RTS.

I know what a VPN is, but still, WG's inaction on bots is still a higher crime that even the death penalty is not enough to satify the communities rage.

This also may or may not confirm some of the suspicions posted in reddit. Especially those who want to farm.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TLS]
3,926 posts
19,946 battles

Our #1HoF has 32k points as I type, private account.

#2 and #3 has 21k. At least #3 looks consistent. Eating my words now.

Go figure.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

[MRI]
3,435 posts
14,811 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

Wait CN users has their own server (CN server) right? How come they are allowed to play outside? Their CV is still RTS.

There is no rule forbidding anyone from playing on a server outside their own region. Like Asia players are perfectly allowed to start a new account and play on the NA server if they so wish.

If a Chinese player wants to use a VPN to play outside servers then let them.

But yes, WG has really dragged their feet on handling bots, almost to the point where they are closing one eye to the botters.

[-CAT-]
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
24 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

There is no rule forbidding anyone from playing on a server outside their own region. Like Asia players are perfectly allowed to start a new account and play on the NA server if they so wish.

Asia and NA servers are like region locks. But it does allow players to make accounts outside of their own region (only issue is latency).

Edit:

But if CN players are ok playing outside CN server, then what is the point of WG creating a CN server if SG server can just increase capacity to accommodate more players (Australia and New Zealand is far but they can accommodate those areas). It would save a lot of money to have only 1 site to manage instead of 2. 

It is cost effective business to minimize cost while selling a product to your clients and profit.

@dejiko_nyo

has answered my question. Policy mess.🤢

I welcome players but I don't welcome players who use hack program to farm. They must be purged! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
3,926 posts
19,946 battles

China server is basically because of Chinese policy. Those that can afford it bypass their local restrictions. And of course scriptwriters can afford it because they farm accounts.

1,356 posts
5,718 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

At least that confirms my suspicion.

I know what a VPN is, but still, WG's inaction on bots is still a higher crime that even the death penalty is not enough to satify the communities rage.

This also may or may not confirm some of the suspicions posted in reddit. Especially those who want to farm.

13 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

But yes, WG has really dragged their feet on handling bots, almost to the point where they are closing one eye to the botters.

Just now, S0und_Theif said:

Asia and NA servers are like region locks. But it does allow players to make accounts outside of their own region (only issue is latency).

But if CN players are ok playing outside CN server, then what is the point of WG creating a CN server if SG server can just increase capacity to accommodate more players. It would save a lot of money to have only 1 site to manage instead of 2.

It is cost effective business to minimize cost while selling a product to your clients and profit. I don't know. -_-

I welcome players but I don't welcome players who use hack program to farm.

As a player from Mainland China I would like to answer some of the questions you raised.

All of the following contents are from my own personal perspective and reflects mainly my personal opinions on the said issues.

There used to be a fully-functional CN server run by Wang Leilei's Kongzhong. Since the launch of World of Tanks in Mainland China Kongzhong has established a long-term cooperation with Wargaming.

Until early 2018, around the time of Patch 0.7.2 when French battleships were introduced. At that time the conflicts between KZ and WG surfaced. The core issue of the conflict remained unclear to me, existing theories included disagreement on distribution of profits, KZ's questionable marketing practice, KZ declined WG's demand of a large sum of financial support etc. Regardless of the exact reasons, Kongzhong broke up with Wargaming and Wargaming stopped offering new patches for CN server. Then CN server remained in Patch 0.7.3 with RTS CV and the April Fools event for 2018 till now.

As players, we do not choose to remain RTS CV by ourselves. Rather we feel that we are cheated by Kongzhong.

About why a seperate CN server was set up, I recall besides the large market of China, there exist some laws that require foreign games to have local agencies.

To add salt to the wound, Kongzhong effectively cheated its playerbase by falsely claiming that "agreements with Wargaming are about to reached", perhaps aiming to cheat the playerbase out of some premium purchase in summer 2018 (and I was cheated once). Some long-time players, unwilling to abandon the fleet they built for years of playing, remained and played casually as before. Some other players, some of whom are newer, but the most important factor is that they still have much enthusiasm for this game and do not mind grinding the tech trees again, choose to immigrate to the servers directly run by Wargaming. All of the 4 servers around the Globe, NA, EU, CIS and APAC, now have Mainland Chinese immigrants (or refugees). I am such an immigrant or refugee myself.

Also AFAIK it does not necessarily need VPN service to play on Asia server from mainland China. Though to reduce latency I still purchased a third-party acceleration service.

A contributing factor to the bot epidemic is the existence of account farming studios who use script bots to farm accounts for sale en masse, or help some players who are busy IRL to do daily grind.

• Cool 3

[-CAT-]
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
3 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

As a player from Mainland China I would like to answer some of the questions you raised.

All of the following contents are from my own personal perspective and reflects mainly my personal opinions on the said issues.

There used to be a fully-functional CN server run by Wang Leilei's Kongzhong. Since the launch of World of Tanks in Mainland China Kongzhong has established a long-term cooperation with Wargaming.

Until early 2018, around the time of Patch 0.7.2 when French battleships were introduced. At that time the conflicts between KZ and WG surfaced. The core issue of the conflict remained unclear to me, existing theories included disagreement on distribution of profits, KZ's questionable marketing practice, KZ declined WG's demand of a large sum of financial support etc. Regardless of the exact reasons, Kongzhong broke up with Wargaming and Wargaming stopped offering new patches for CN server. Then CN server remained in Patch 0.7.3 with RTS CV and the April Fools event for 2018 till now.

As players, we do not choose to remain RTS CV by ourselves. Rather we feel that we are cheated by Kongzhong.

About why a seperate CN server was set up, I recall besides the large market of China, there exist some laws that require foreign games to have local agencies.

To add salt to the wound, Kongzhong effectively cheated its playerbase by falsely claiming that "agreements with Wargaming are about to reached", perhaps aiming to cheat the playerbase out of some premium purchase in summer 2018 (and I was cheated once). Some long-time players, unwilling to abandon the fleet they built for years of playing, remained and played casually as before. Some other players, some of whom are newer, but the most important factor is that they still have much enthusiasm for this game and do not mind grinding the tech trees again, choose to immigrate to the servers directly run by Wargaming. All of the 4 servers around the Globe, NA, EU, CIS and APAC, now have Mainland Chinese immigrants (or refugees). I am such an immigrant or refugee myself.

Also AFAIK it does not necessarily need VPN service to play on Asia server from mainland China. Though to reduce latency I still purchased a third-party acceleration service.

Wow! That is a mess. :Smile_ohmy:

I want to really extend my thanks for answering a lot of questions.

Hesus Kristo! I am speechless. :Smile_amazed:

Of course I'd be mad if any company cheats on their promises. :Smile-angry::Smile_izmena:

I understand some CN policy on why companies have to set up local servers and partners. It's quite a mess, so lets not dive deep into it. :Smile_hiding:

I welcome you for enlightening us, and thank you very much for answering our questions. :Smile_Default:

And as a immigrant / refugee, I welcome you to APAC server.

A contributing factor to the bot epidemic is the existence of account farming studios who use script bots to farm accounts for sale en masse, or help some players who are busy IRL to do daily grind.

I understand that nobody wants to re-grind or re-crawl an entire tech tree (I'm also looking at you NTC or Rubbish Burnheap :fish_viking:). Server migration is a solution but policy forbids it.

It is very heart breaking that all you have worked hard for is thrown away just like that but the decision to script farm is not right. Looks like the scriptwriters are earning more than WG sells their premium ships.

WG, there is a bot infestation. The community is tired of this and is doing everything they can to endlessly report violators. Even when we are out of ammunition (In game report), the community still persisted, and still has followed every means possible, what WG recommended ways or methods, to report violators.

Please take a stand. Take some action.

Bots and policies aside, This caught my attention.

Though to reduce latency I still purchased a third-party acceleration service.

What manner of sorcery (technology) is this?

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

1,356 posts
5,718 battles
3 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

What manner of sorcery (technology) is this?

I've heard that it belongs to some type of VPN service, however it is possible to connect to APAC server without any VPN.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,542 posts
5,464 battles

CN user or some money earning con-mans should had stay at their own server. Why bot when you dont enjoy playing botes.

• Cool 4

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles

I got another filled up Bot users from Coop, this time in the Furious, it angers me that i need to reset my WR from this sh*t

i have their names on the replays, utter Chinese Bots.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this