Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Fate of the Mid Range AA Flaks?

17 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,749 posts
13,419 battles

Any of you guys worried what happened to Mid-Range AA Flak bursts? its been gone for a long patch. :cap_rambo:

[LBAS]
2,749 posts
13,419 battles
23 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

AA flak bubbles only exist at 3,5 km or more

That's not what i meant, from the recent Q&A was the proof  of this:

unknown.png

4,231 posts
8,070 battles
1 minute ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

That's not what i meant, from the recent Q&A was the proof  of this:

Oops I read the question wrongly.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,749 posts
13,419 battles
Just now, Paladinum said:

Oops I read the question wrongly.

i have to forgive you the misunderstanding, clearly the AA Flaks from Mid-range AA had been far missing for 3 patches.

4,231 posts
8,070 battles
3 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

i have to forgive you the misunderstanding, clearly the AA Flaks from Mid-range AA had been far missing for 3 patches.

Blame the CV rework I guess? 

I depend more on the continuous damage than the flak bursts. It's a reliable source of damage. So it's not much of an issue to me.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,749 posts
13,419 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Blame the CV rework I guess? 

I depend more on the continuous damage than the flak bursts. It's a reliable source of damage.

Can't really blame for the CV rework, afaik that the Mid range flaks (Type5/QF Bofors/Flakzwilling/42/etc.) are still disabled as they also answered the Q&A from above. is it gonna be once the Brit CAs are full released? at some point, its been almost 3 patches since it went disabled.

4,231 posts
8,070 battles
5 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Can't really blame for the CV rework, afaik that the Mid range flaks (Type5/QF Bofors/Flakzwilling/42/etc.) are still disabled as they also answered the Q&A from above. is it gonna be once the Brit CAs are full released? at some point, its been almost 3 patches since it went disabled.

I have more question about WHY they did it in the first place instead...

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,153 posts
10,041 battles

I'm not sure on what you're asking.  All mid-range AA bursts have been intentionally removed from the game with the AA rework of 0.8.7.  They aren't coming back.

Now only long-range AA spawns flak, and only from the ship's max AA range down to no less than 3.5km.

The Q&A question linked is only talking about the issue with the +2 extra flak bursts module being useless for ships that don't have long range AA, yet still being able to be equipped by those ships.  They have yet to fix this issue. They did however remove any mention of mid-range flak bursts, as described in the 0.8.8 patch notes: "Revised the descriptions of Commander skills, upgrades, and signals that could influence AA bursts, by removing all mentions of bursts in the medium-range AA zone."

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MRI]
3,067 posts
14,037 battles
Just now, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Any of you guys worried what happened to Mid-Range AA Flak bursts? its been gone for a long patch. :cap_rambo:

Nope, because it was an announced change a few patches back in the AA rework. It is not coming back. You probably missed the announcement. 

Just now, Paladinum said:

I have more question about WHY they did it in the first place instead...

Iirc WG wanted to simplify the airstrikes. So CV players would concentratre on dodging flak first, then concentrate on aiming their strike after getting past the flak. And also so there won't be instances of flak appearing at point blank range of the target where it can't be dodged.

4,231 posts
8,070 battles
12 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Iirc WG wanted to simplify the airstrikes. So CV players would concentratre on dodging flak first, then concentrate on aiming their strike after getting past the flak. And also so there won't be instances of flak appearing at point blank range of the target where it can't be dodged.

Well then they should buff continuous AA damage to compensate :Smile_hiding:

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,153 posts
10,041 battles
43 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Well then they should buff continuous AA damage to compensate :Smile_hiding:

They did - or more precisely they removed the mid-range flak to compensate for the huge increase in continuous AA damage at short and mid ranges when they changed it so AA auras stack as you get closer to the target, instead of being separate.

[FORCE]
1,665 posts
10,066 battles

Considering how most ships got a big edge on AA defense with the mid-range flak bursts, their removal made more sense that not all ships should have the god-tier AA by default.

[LBAS]
2,749 posts
13,419 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

I'm not sure on what you're asking.  All mid-range AA bursts have been intentionally removed from the game with the AA rework of 0.8.7.  They aren't coming back.

Now only long-range AA spawns flak, and only from the ship's max AA range down to no less than 3.5km.

The Q&A question linked is only talking about the issue with the +2 extra flak bursts module being useless for ships that don't have long range AA, yet still being able to be equipped by those ships.  They have yet to fix this issue. They did however remove any mention of mid-range flak bursts, as described in the 0.8.8 patch notes: "Revised the descriptions of Commander skills, upgrades, and signals that could influence AA bursts, by removing all mentions of bursts in the medium-range AA zone."

Mid range AA still trash as it is, Moggy, and yet you call the fighters OP, guess i'm denying your opinion on this one.

4,231 posts
8,070 battles
9 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Mid range AA still trash as it is, Moggy, and yet you call the fighters OP, guess i'm denying your opinion on this one.

Catapult fighters are still better than squadron-summoned fighters, it's like comparing a meat cleaver with a plastic knife for kindergarteners.

Squadron-summoned fighters is garbage.

Edited by Paladinum

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,153 posts
10,041 battles
12 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

There was no opinion in the post you replied to, I was just outlining the facts.  Based on your original post you were a bit confused about the subject.

As for the fighters, that's unrelated to this topic and has been discussed sufficiently in the related thread, but you were clearly lacking understanding in how cat fighters affect CV game play.  This seems reasonable though since it isn't obvious to people who don't have much experience playing CV's just how much they affect the decisions made by CV captains, and how effective they can be when used correctly.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SALT]
1,889 posts
10,504 battles

If I remember Mid range flak removed to not make AA is dependant of Flak. it removed in continus DPS patch with return of overlaping Aura thingy.

Mid Flak is used to be quite absurd. I remember some ship have mid range with  more than 15 Flak explosion. with upgrade there ship with 22 or somethin

with current overlaping aura, thats like brutal.

would I want it to back ? yeah.

with some balancing - even if its cosmetic only I wont mind. Having lots of Flak effect fill the screen is nice.

though from CV cult perspective, lots of black cloud obstructing view would be annoying - which precisely what makes it nice :fish_haloween:

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this