Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
black_559

Tirpitz weakness

5 comments in this topic

[AUSFF]
3 posts

I think that Tirpitz is weak comepare to other ships in t8. She have less guns than other bb. And to get a citadel while play Tirpitz is very hard. Her shells either bounce off or overpenetration. Could you guys tell me how to compensate and tactics for it?

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,052 battles

Its a hard ship to play currently, as pretty much all German ships. Considering most T8 games fall into T10 Matchmaking, things are worse off. Best is NOT to use it, but if you must try to use it like a if your in a cruiser. I have 2 Versions of her with different mods and captains and other ships are way better. The power creep of the other lines have made the German lines very very ordinary.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,547 posts
5,474 battles

Tirpitz is much difficult to play than Bismarck due to Absurd dispersion , No Hydroaccoustic carrying over Bismarck and plays like a DD.

Best you get Roma instead.

Alpha Tester
1,317 posts
4,939 battles

Tirpitz was dubbed the Dudpitz from day of release for a reason.

Her AP is terrible at ranges over 8kms, even versus cruisers, meaning she is a heavily armoured slow moving, below average AA, CV players wet dream, HE spamming heavy cruiser.

IF your idea of HE spam is a 25-30 second reload.

Just play a cruiser.

If you insist on attempting to master the dudpitz, attack enemy BB with HE until you ever so slowly inch your way to close range, then open up on enemy with AP.

IF, yet another BIG IF, you can get that close before sinking.

I would strongly recommend a different premium tier 8 altogether, as dudpitz has been sold for several years now, and is unlikely to be buffed any time soon.

Wait for subs and see how much the game meta changes.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this