You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

So 6 CV games are a thing now?

78 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
971 posts
9,195 battles

1510155504_Screenshot(586).thumb.png.7f495de6ed73faa73d81201f6f154650.png

Towards the end of the game, I was thinking there were an awful lot of planes about ... then I checked the team lineup. Yikes!!

T3-4 game, with 3 T4 CVs per side. It's just madness. [edit: and I just noticed we also had two T2 ships on our team ... ]

In fairness the other team played better, at least some of their surface ships got a few shots in. We only won because our unicum Hosho cleaned house. DD play in this kind of game is pretty simple: You follow your BBs up to the cap, dash out in front into the cap, pop smoke, wait to cap, dash back to the AA screen of your BBs again, while your CVs pound the enemy ships and the enemy CVs try to pound yours. Any ship that moved more than 2-3 km away from a friendly just got swarmed and died.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 2

13 posts
149 battles

umm... all other type seem to have no limit in number

is aircraft carrier is much so different?

I use to ask why carrier is big deal but herd that after rework they have less impact to the game

they still are?

Edited by Karasuma_Hifumi

[SMOKE]
1,503 posts
14,152 battles

its no worse than having only 1 DD on the team but 4 Radar a side on high tiers .. but yes this is the meta now and WG ask why people do not play mid tier or why people do not do that, do not do this

[NFB]
1,300 posts
12,821 battles

I one of the few random games I played, I had one 2 x 3 CV, also a T4 game with T3/T4 ships.

That was rather interesting because some T3/T4 ships essentially have no AA. Even if they have nominal AA, they cannot shoot down full health planes.

I believe that may be a real problem for the game. In this kind of game, some ships become cannon fodder for the CV’s. I can imagine some new players lose heart and leave the game.

• Cool 3

[AN-DO]
626 posts
9,307 battles

The problem is not so much that there are 3 CVs but that most of the ships in that tier bracket have little or even no AA, so CVs can attack with impunity. I played a few games in T3 a few weeks ago and as @PeterMoe1963 mentioned it is disheartening, I felt really bad that this was the experience that many new players would get. They either need to give T3, 4 and 5 ships better AA or they need to nerf CVs and put a cap of 2 per team on

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
971 posts
9,195 battles
1 hour ago, WellyCoaster said:

I went out in my nikoli last week for a laugh and it got annihilated.

Its not OP anymore😂

Nikolai IV is a particularly good example of hero->zero, but there are very few T3-4s with enough AA to protect themselves and nearby ships.

It doesn't help that at those tiers surface ships captains have no clue knows how to play against strong CV. The 1 or 2 AA cruisers you might have don't play as such, or aren't used as such, or just get deleted. Then you are left with, at best, BBs like Wyoming. The rest, boats like Myogi, Clemson, Isokaze, etc barely have 2 AA mounts to rub between them....

And it doesn't help that everyone wants to play T4 CVs now. The MM stack going into the game above looked like 20 CVs, 5 BBs, 2 CL, and 2-3 DD.

Still it will be interesting to see how this develops. As I said, people are still clueless. Soon though they'll begin to figure out - "hey, we need to stay together with the AA cruiser and not run out up ahead". Success will require quite a bit more cooperation than normally seen at those tiers, but already I'm seeing that many DDs are staying back with the BBs in these games. So it will evolve.

[FORCE]
1,658 posts
10,066 battles

Considering how "nerfed" the higher tier CVs are, this is not something to be surprised of.

Play the T6 CVs? Say hi to all lucky T8 ships.

Play the T8 CVs? Say hi to all mighty T10 ships.

Play the T10 CVs? Prepare your wallet to invest on perma camo & premium account or suffer the lofty service cost (250k before plane resupply cost).

• Cool 1

62 posts
6,678 battles

Given the absolute lack of AA at low tier, the two logical options are 1 CV per team at all tiers or just start CV at tier 6.

The bandaid they are considering for Hosho is pathetic and symptomatic of their inability to deal with game balance post 0.8.0 with CV.

[TLS]
3,504 posts
19,142 battles

To put things in perspective, this is not surprising considering the number of people playing CV "has increased". Whether this increase has lead to 'improved quality of CV' play is debateable. As a side effect, you have more CVs in the queue and coupled with the fact that there are 'issues with high-tier cvs' *cough*cough*complaintsabouttoomanycvsingame/mismatchtiers*cough*cough*, this pushes the consequences down the tiers. It does not help that the rework and balance is a complete mess work in progress.

What we are seeing now is basically just like when you have too many of one of the other ship classes in queue: you get a deluge .To be honest, I have not touched T4 CVs for years now ever since that no more manual drop incident. wg's approach to solving the 'skill disparity' issue has basically been in effect haphazardly throwing more fuel to a burning fire problems instead of address the core issue. If skill is a problem, then skill-based MM is level playing field we need, not rework something to 'make it easier' because the skilled player will always find the most effective to top the food chain quickly.

To me, CV play should be considered the pinnacle of play as you need to be able to know and play all the other 3 classes, PLUS CV PLUS coordinate your team. Now, it is every CV for themselves like a glorified battleship.

46 posts

I can't wait for MM giving you rounds with 6 CV's and 6 subs. Imagine all the fun waiting for games to time out when only subs and CV's remain.

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
1,503 posts
14,152 battles

Know why now the queue is like BB ; Super Cruiser and then a tiny minority of everything else at high tier and that in turn push CV players down tier which in turn drive every other mid to low tier player to quuit playing mid to low tier ... Nobody come play a game knowing he / she is by default spec to be handicapped ... This is what it is for DD & CL at high tier and it is how it is when MM flood a game with multiple CV vs surface ships that practically had no counterplay to aerial attack ... 

Its not just the 3 CV per side but also adding Radar on mid tier and flood of premium ships that spec OP ; new player still grinding is handicapped by not given a fair chance

When there's like 2, 3 CV and then we had ships that had only single digit or teen AA ; we had to question if its fair at all

[DDG41]
14 posts
1,875 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

To put things in perspective, this is not surprising considering the number of people playing CV "has increased". Whether this increase has lead to 'improved quality of CV' play is debateable. As a side effect, you have more CVs in the queue and coupled with the fact that there are 'issues with high-tier cvs' *cough*cough*complaintsabouttoomanycvsingame/mismatchtiers*cough*cough*, this pushes the consequences down the tiers. It does not help that the rework and balance is a complete mess work in progress.

What we are seeing now is basically just like when you have too many of one of the other ship classes in queue: you get a deluge .To be honest, I have not touched T4 CVs for years now ever since that no more manual drop incident. wg's approach to solving the 'skill disparity' issue has basically been in effect haphazardly throwing more fuel to a burning fire problems instead of address the core issue. If skill is a problem, then skill-based MM is level playing field we need, not rework something to 'make it easier' because the skilled player will always find the most effective to top the food chain quickly.

To me, CV play should be considered the pinnacle of play as you need to be able to know and play all the other 3 classes, PLUS CV PLUS coordinate your team. Now, it is every CV for themselves like a glorified battleship.

The majority of CV players at t4 seem to be hopeless to average at best. That can be inconvenient if you get mostly newbies on your team. The best fun of course is when a skilled seal clubber or 2 turns up for the reds, not as rare as it should be.

Of course MM also likes to throw in a t2 DD presumably for the lulz in many battles with multiple CV.

I'd be happy with a 2 CV max solution, I can't say I've noticed any particular issue with the other classes so far.

2 posts
605 battles

I have T3 cruiser without ANY AA and I had to suffer for 4 games vs 6 CVs. At the last game I quit, because I play for fun not for frustration.

WoW put MASOCHISTS OR bots to please the CV players.

[AN-DO]
626 posts
9,307 battles
3 hours ago, todorp_asia said:

I have T3 cruiser without ANY AA and I had to suffer for 4 games vs 6 CVs. At the last game I quit, because I play for fun not for frustration.

WoW put MASOCHISTS OR bots to please the CV players.

^^^ This is the exact problem, I was lucky that I was just playing for the anniversary star on a few ships, when I was done I could go back to higher tiers with decent AA. For a new player though who has to grind through it there isn't going to be much fun to be had and players are going to quit

• Cool 1

[NFB]
1,300 posts
12,821 battles
8 hours ago, blauflamme22 said:

They either need to give T3, 4 and 5 ships better AA or they need to nerf CVs and put a cap of 2 per team on

Agreed, at T4 there simply is no balance, ships should have a way to defend themselves. Often they don't.

• Cool 1

[NFB]
1,300 posts
12,821 battles
11 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Soon though they'll begin to figure out - "hey, we need to stay together with the AA cruiser and not run out up ahead".

Or they just give up playing the game.

[MRI]
3,064 posts
14,023 battles

Well AA at low tiers is almost non-existent. WG should buff the AA of Tier 3 and 4 ships.

• Cool 1

1,158 posts
11,077 battles
14 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Well AA at low tiers is almost non-existent. WG should buff the AA of Tier 3 and 4 ships.

Nah its fine, just play CV to learn how to "dodge" lol

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,150 posts
10,028 battles
On 10/10/2019 at 4:17 AM, Karasuma_Hifumi said:

umm... all other type seem to have no limit in number

is aircraft carrier is much so different?

Only cruisers have unlimited numbers.  CV's have a soft cap of two, and a hard cap of 3.  BB's are soft cap five, hard six.  DD's are soft cap four, hard five.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:27 PM, AndersVolvker said:

The bandaid they are considering for Hosho is pathetic and symptomatic of their inability to deal with game balance post 0.8.0 with CV.

It's more than a band aid, it's a 20% torp speed nerf and a 40% aircraft return speed nerf.  That will have significant effects on the Hosho's TB's. 

Having said that, Hosho is over powered right now, and may actually need more nerfs than those listed.  The AA is a bit uneven, but isn't too bad - the problem is that with the AA rework of 0.8.7, T4 CV's all got MASSIVE buffs to plane health.  Hosho got 62% to RF's, 44% to TB's, and 76% to DB's.  The other two CV's got even more significant plane health buffs, averaging about 80% extra health per plane.

These buffs were to make up for the nerfs to CV's that eventuated from the 0.8.5 AA change, and the 0.8.7 stacking continuous aura change.  The problem is, that this was a complete over buff.  Combined with the other buffs to TB's for Langley and in particular the massive buffs to Hosho's TB's, the balance is completely off for CV's at T4.  Of course plenty of players have realised this and decided to take up a bit of the OP action, and hence you get six OP CV's a game making people's lives miserable.

The Hosho changes are good, but they need to do across the board plane health nerfs, probably by about 30% or so.  This will effectively be an AA buff.

[EX0]
380 posts
18,598 battles

T4's CV's 60K exp to T6 takes a while to get through. hence A lot of stuck there for a long time including me.

[DDG41]
14 posts
1,875 battles
On 10/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, Lowyat said:

T4's CV's 60K exp to T6 takes a while to get through. hence A lot of stuck there for a long time including me.

They just dropped a freebie T6 Ark Royal on me for some reason, I have a whole 14 shocking battles in my Hosho to date so won't be trying it anytime soon.

1,158 posts
11,077 battles

lol. yet another CV hate/complaint thread. Anyone know how many of these has there been since rework?

Also has anyone EVER seen a "CV's are great" thread?

Nah I didnt think so either......

[TLS]
3,504 posts
19,142 battles
18 hours ago, MapleHunter25 said:

They just dropped a freebie T6 Ark Royal on me for some reason, I have a whole 14 shocking battles in my Hosho to date so won't be trying it anytime soon.

Go practice it in ops. At least you can learn the basics and improve on them. Ark Royal is what Furious should have been. RN CVs are more forgiving in terms of launching strike runs at the expense of speed.