You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Catapult Launched Aircraft poll

Catapult Fighters  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to bring back the Old Catapult fighters to Cruisers/Battleships?

• Yes! to improve the game-wise environment and more Gimmicks to ASW
    • Fighter is still fine if you want to shoot down aircraft
  2. 2. Do you want the Spotter Aircraft reworked with ASW instead of Battery Range bonus? (Increased Duration, same minute like the old Catapult Fighter with ASW Properties)

• Yes, to make the Battleship Players and Cruisers aware of their surroundings, Spotting aircraft will automatically attack enemy submarines and Aircraft
    • No

11 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,183 battles

Many of you guys have been noticed that the Fighter consumable (for Battleships and Cruisers) isn't really that great, do you want to return the old Catapult Fighters, which, they can Spot enemy torpedoes, Enemy ships, shooting Enemy planes and returning to patrol duty rather than the Fighter consumable and as well as doing a major role for ASW? also Direct Center for Fighters also needed much changes.

Catapult Fighters remind me of that day where you can spot torpedoes and ships revolving you from a range of 3.0km and a duration of 5 minutes, which can spot or locate enemies and even aircraft, the Fighter consumable isnt the Catapult Fighter we expected, it launches 60 seconds and fires off enemy aircraft for defense and returns after shooting, which is a very terrible idea instead of Circling the Allied ship or your ship around and scout for incoming torpedoes or Aerial attacks, so i made this poll because of also the submarines incoming.

Spotting Aircraft also deserves more attention, instead of increasing spotting range,remove the Battery Range bonuses and Rework them into ASW Hunters revolve around the ship, and like the Catapult Fighter, had a 5 minute Duration of locating Enemy submarines, Spotting Aircraft also attacks enemy Aircraft as well but less than that of a Catapult Fighter.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 1

[AN-DO]
657 posts
9,697 battles

I like the idea of the spotter no longer increasing range, perhaps it could still give the good spotting angles for firing over islands along with some ASW capabilities. I really hope that cruisers that historically had it will also have some ASW abilities. As someone who plays DD's I really don't want another task thrown at me too. Subs should be terrified of DDs, CLs, and any aircraft, since that is typically what was used to hunt them.
I think leave the fighters as is, though maybe they could have slightly increased duration. While fighters did sometimes attack subs it was primarily heavier long range patrol aircraft (those planes we often see as spotters) that would actually hunt the subs.
The only problem with reworking spotting aircraft is that it would really wreck ships like Lazo that rely on it or ships like Perth with short ranges. Maybe you could have the original range extending spotter for a few ships as a gimmick and the rest would get the ASW/improved firing line of sight version.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,668 posts
12,048 battles

I still like the idea of the spotter providing an elevated view, so I want that to stay the same. I can accept that some ships, like Yamato, really don’t need the range extension, though there are a number of T8 and 9 BBs that benefit from extended range, especially when up against T10 BBs and some CAs which can fire from over 20kms, While you’re scratching 16. And some lower tier ships, like the HMAS Perth, really need that range extension.

Regarding the fighters, I just want them to get rid of that silly looking launch animation, where 1 plane morphs into several. Despite being unrealistic (yeah, I know, game)... It just looks REALLY, REALLY, stupid.

And yes, they need to be able to more effectively spot other ships and torpedos, and actually intercept and fight enemy strike aircraft.

And while we’re on the subject of catapult aircraft, some ships have multiple catapults, why is only one ever used? I mean, come on, it looks even worse for a ship to launch 3 fighters from one catapult in the space of a second when the is another catapult right next to it.

• Cool 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
10,857 battles

Catapult fighters are very powerful now against CV's, they basically mean that CV's are unable to do multiple attacks on that target, or any targets nearby.  That's an amazing ability.  They certainly don't need buffs, in some ways they are too strong right now.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[SMOKE]
1,846 posts
15,709 battles

I am OK with the spotter plane as it is right now ; I d agree it should be tweaked somewhat , instead of the +20% range , I think a better one should be 10% range , -10% dispersion instead or sometihng along that. What I do agree is the catapult fighter need changes , although at current it kind of work OK . That consumable should be renamed Summon CAP, and the fighter should do the job as hey are now but they should fellow the summoning ship around ( just like spotter plane ) and the exchange ratio of CAP vs enemy attack plane should not be 1:1 ; it should be in favor of the fighter to reflect that its fighter against slow attacking bomber / torp plane

I've mentioned before one of the key failure of the aerial element had always been sortie time , this should be baked into the CV gameplay, their outbound flight should had a sortie time limit ( if they do not attack ) or if they choose to attack or got AA fired on them, there should be instantly a timer countdown of effective combat loiter duration so they cannot permanently loiter around   and wait till smoke is out, AA is off to made yet another run and then yet another

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,183 battles
6 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Catapult fighters are very powerful now against CV's, they basically mean that CV's are unable to do multiple attacks on that target, or any targets nearby.  That's an amazing ability.  They certainly don't need buffs, in some ways they are too strong right now.

TOO Strong you say? bet you don't even realized that the old Catapult fighters back then where can spot torpedoes and ships?, is this TOO strong for CVs nor anything?

Bah, what a disgrace. 

Spoiler

Really hate Aussies.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SALT]
2,020 posts
10,542 battles

doesnt Fighter consumables have not much changed ?

aside from Duration, and smaller patrol area.

Global reduction of air detection make it like almost blind though

Edited by humusz

[MRI]
3,453 posts
14,872 battles
1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Bah, what a disgrace. 

Reveal hidden contents

Really hate Aussies.

Please take your racism somewhere else, thanks. 

There is already enough class-based discrimination and bigotry in this forum (and on the Internet in general). We do not need more of it.

As for the topic, seaplane fighters could use some bit of tweaking, otherwise they are fine as they are.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
2,965 posts
14,183 battles
1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

As for the topic, seaplane fighters coild use some a bit of tweaking, otherwise they are fine as they are.

wa a bit pissed when he said its fine as it is with CVs, 60 seconds is not enough to be honest, while CVs had like 8 minute scout duration 

It only needs the Extended Duration time for Patrolling and scouting.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
10,857 battles
1 hour ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

TOO Strong you say? bet you don't even realized that the old Catapult fighters back then where can spot torpedoes and ships?, is this TOO strong for CVs nor anything?

Well no planes can spot torps now, this is a game wide change, so it would be pretty unbalanced if cat fighters could.  Spotting torps has absolutely nothing to do with CV's as well, it's purely a DD issue, and DD's most definitely don't need nerfs.

Cat fighters are extremely strong.  Say you're in the worst possible position against a CV in your BB.  You're in open water, all alone.  The CV comes to attack you with torp bombers, but you don't have a cat fighter.  You get hit by three separate waves and take half your health bar in damage.  Now take that worst case scenario, and add a cat fighter.  You pop it well in time, the CV now has three options.  Come straight in and attack you, get one attack off and lose the rest of the squadron.  Drop all but the last wave into the water, wasting a fair bit of time and giving you time to turn and make for a difficult drop, and then take one or two torps because you had plenty of time to make the drop hard.  The third option is to go attack an easier target, in which case you take no damage.  If you are getting attacked by DB's instead, then it's even better for you, since the fighters will attack before the release point, meaning you may well not be attacked at all, while getting a heap of plane kills.

So in this, the worst case situation for the BB being attacked, the cat fighter has taken you from losing half your health, to instead taking 10% or so damage, or possibly no damage at all.  That is one incredibly strong consumable!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[LGND]
493 posts
12,418 battles

bring back torpedo spotting mechanic for spotter plane pls.........

• Cool 1