Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Rental Z-39 and Directive grind shenanigans

8 comments in this topic

4,198 posts
8,053 battles

First thing that happened when I logged in the morning to start playing WoWS: A rental Z-39!

Short impression: not too good, not too bad. Decent. Have Upgrade Slot 5 for Concealment Mod for a Tier 7 ship, which is amazing. Good torpedoes (for her tier anyway). A better torp boat than Maass thanks to Upgrade Slot 5. Good AA vs T8 planes. Big HP pool but wouldn't last against most T8-9 DDs. Modules are quite fragile. Same guns as Z-23 but reload time is from Gaede for some reason.
I wouldn't complain if I get this ship from an SC (being German is a plus), but there are more favored options.

Botters, botters everwhere!!!

Alaska losing her turrets:

Spoiler

shot-19_03.01_09_45.30-0555.thumb.jpg.cbd877053b6ee056f4196fd02a92a301.jpg

I don't remember spending 1 million FXP to get the American version of Graf Spee.

What happened when you were too busy being in the forum and paid no attention to the game:

Spoiler

shot-19_10.08_08_12.01-0299.thumb.jpg.29c4fa18dfb2a355deb69c417b6b4ffc.jpg

What am I? A French super cruiser?

Z-39 all guns blazing

Spoiler

shot-19_10.08_09_26.00-0869.jpg.a9be5315dde9654cb30d7dcfeb6c7e01.jpg

Because there is nothing else to use, that is

What is this MM even?

Spoiler

shot-19_10.08_08_34.44-0077.thumb.jpg.2a8fd5af8885ba7013c5a6cce6d7fe2f.jpg

Can you guess the original names of the ship? :fish_book:

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
5,249 battles

What's with weird ship names that I've never seen it before.

• Cool 1

1,114 posts
4,699 battles

After a night's gaming and grinding, I have completed 3 out of the 5 tasks required for the T6 Premium Ship crate. A fourth task is in striking distances (a casual game can complete the required potential damage), while the fifth one... please RNGesus and the Matchmaker, stop dropping me into hordes of noobs and waste my signals, camoes and effort, please.

4,198 posts
8,053 battles
5 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

What's with weird ship names that I've never seen it before.

shot-19_10.09_06_03.34-0008.thumb.jpg.f3f3ff6b0ac26f46e1d80fcab8c8d298.jpg

4 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

After a night's gaming and grinding, I have completed 3 out of the 5 tasks required for the T6 Premium Ship crate. A fourth task is in striking distances (a casual game can complete the required potential damage), while the fifth one... please RNGesus and the Matchmaker, stop dropping me into hordes of noobs and waste my signals, camoes and effort, please.

But it's much better than some previous Directive grinds, isn't it. I only have the main/sec hit and XP ones to get 'the' ship container.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
1,649 posts
10,066 battles
On 10/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Paladinum said:

shot-19_10.08_08_12.01-0299.thumb.jpg.29c4fa18dfb2a355deb69c417b6b4ffc.jpg

What am I? A French super cruiser?

Nope that's an American Deutschland:Smile_trollface:

Speaking of rental ship, I thought you are supposed to get a rental cruiser unless you have been focusing yourself as a DD recently..

4,198 posts
8,053 battles
14 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Nope that's an American Deutschland:Smile_trollface:

First of all, dude, necromancy.

Second, look at Graf Spee and tell me she has that turret layout. At least quote the correct screenshot.

14 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Speaking of rental ship, I thought you are supposed to get a rental cruiser unless you have been focusing yourself as a DD recently..

Some days ago I got a rental Dunkek after playing 1 match with PEF. I think it depends on which ship you play first in the day.

Or it could be random.

Edited by Paladinum

[FORCE]
1,649 posts
10,066 battles
14 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Some days ago I got a rental Dunkek after playing 1 match with PEF. I think it depends on which ship you play first in the day.

Or it could be random.

I got rental DoY because I played Musashi a lot before that, and then rental Loyang after playing Kitakaze quite a lot. Actually a lot enough to be put in the same team with you for once

So I don't think it could be random.

[-CAT-]
1,300 posts
9,522 battles
36 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Or it could be random.

Its WG's new marketing strategy to make you buy premium ships that you don't have yet.

If you play a BB, they will tease you with a rental premium BB that you do not have yet.
If you play a CA/CL, they will tease you with a rental premium CA/CL that you do not have yet.
If you play a DD, they will tease you with a rental premium DD that you do not have yet.
If you play a CV, they will tease you with a rental premium CV that you do not have yet.

If you have played BB last week, they will not tease you of the same class next week.
You will get other classes. Depends on which ship class you have played other than the previous class.

So far WG has only teased T6 to T8 premium ships.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Sign in to follow this