Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Italian Cruisers are coming in/Halloween

123 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

644
[LBAS]
Member
2,944 posts
14,140 battles

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/italian-cruisers-the-rules/

Sharp pasta SAP shells, Maccaroni torpedoes, etc.

Genova/Zara/Trento/Montecuccoli/Amalfi will be available via containers or Tokens.

 

Excited for the Halloween mode?

 

the Halloween mode is more like from an RPG/PUBG mode but more of a hit and escape mode than a battle royale.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,356 posts
5,718 battles

The desription about the new version has already burnt me out... Another problem is that Italian cruisers have a rather high skill floor due to their unique nature unlike the French ones. Even though the French cruisers are gimmicky, their skill floor is still simple enough like the Japanese or Soviet ones: WASD hack and rain down HE from distance on open water. As I am still noob on British cruisers and hasn't get any free ships from containers since the Soviet battleships event, I think I shall wait for version 0.8.10, research to Giussano and take her out for a spin for a taste of Italian SAP shells so long as she is better than Danae (at least has her citadel roof enclosed by her hull; I am expecting a solution similiar to the French cruisers and Duca d'Aosta, a 24-mm belt and 18-mm citadel bulkhead with two layers of hull and citadel roof). Montecuccoli seems much better than Emerald though, at least a modern configuration like Leander.

The Italian torpedoes are tricky indeed. Random shot and area-denial?

Also it seems like as someone has said before, WG adapted random bundles as a new gimmick for event prizes.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
Member
4,494 posts
8,613 battles

Pasta cruisers: commence OPERATION CWAL

Halloween event with PvP modes: couldn't care any less because I don't care in the first place.

More random bundle crap, great. At least this time it's not directly doubloon.

Can't wait for Siegfried!

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[WWS]
Member
291 posts
3,745 battles

They should have made Genova the award for completing the final directive like the FR DD event.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
965
[-CAT-]
Member
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
34 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Pasta cruisers: commence OPERATION CWAL

Halloween event with PvP modes: couldn't care any less because I don't care in the first place.

More random bundle crap, great. At least this time it's not directly doubloon.

Can't wait for Siegfried!

 

Probe_sc2.png

Sigfreid may be ready to eat probably the same time as German Subs are released.

OR

They might release first

 

odin.jpg

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
Member
4,494 posts
8,613 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

 

Probe_sc2.png

Battlecruiser_SC2_HeadAnim1.gif.896c72db3648ef402e0c3bbc78b2aed7.gif

WoWS x Starcraft 2 when?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
965
[-CAT-]
Member
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Battlecruiser_SC2_HeadAnim1.gif.896c72db3648ef402e0c3bbc78b2aed7.gif

WoWS x Starcraft 2 when?

🤤

April Fools / Space Battle = Protoss
Halloween = Zerg
Summer = Terrans
???? = Void / Hybrid

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
Member
4,494 posts
8,613 battles
4 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

🤤

April Fools / Space battle. I hope.

Terran Battlecruiser best battlecruiser and I think we've hijacked this thread enough :Smile_hiding:

 

Back to the topic:

I seriously cannot wait for the pasta cruisers because right now I have no motivation to grind xp with Vauquelin and Akatsuki and I have no credit to buy some tech tree ships I want... Basically no motivation to play the game beside tech tree ships. The credit grind is horrible without prem time. 

And then there're the RN CA line, which I still wonder whether she would have 20s reload and if the names have a consistent naming convention.

And when is Siegfried?

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
965
[-CAT-]
Member
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Terran Battlecruiser best battlecruiser and I think we've hijacked this thread enough :Smile_hiding:

 

Back to the topic:

I seriously cannot wait for the pasta cruisers because right now I have no motivation to grind xp with Vauquelin and Akatsuki and I have no credit to buy some tech tree ships I want... Basically no motivation to play the game beside tech tree ships. The credit grind is horrible without prem time. 

And then there're the RN CA line, which I still wonder whether she would have 20s reload and if the names have a consistent naming convention.

I wish they could make up their mind if UK CA or German SS will come first.

UK CA my be just a buffer or fall back if German SS is still not ready for play

Goliath:Smile_hiding:

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
644
[LBAS]
Member
2,944 posts
14,140 battles
53 minutes ago, notyourfather said:

They should have made Genova the award for completing the final directive like the FR DD event.

Genova is the Award ship for the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
Member
4,494 posts
8,613 battles
Just now, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Genova is the Award ship for the last one.

I don't think so...? This does not look like a certainty.

 

  • 21x random Patria e Onore bundles with a guarantee of dropping cruiser flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 V Genova
Edited by Paladinum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
644
[LBAS]
Member
2,944 posts
14,140 battles

Sadly its Bundle so take your luck.

 

 

Also, you can gain tokens to the ships to buy the early access.

 

 

Tier IX-X Cruisers are not available

 

 

Starting 0.8.10, Italy arc will continue, but there will be RN CA Split coming from this patch as for testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
965
[-CAT-]
Member
2,044 posts
10,765 battles

They are going to use the Mogador style for a T5 prem ship?

Maybe if the prize is Paolo Emilio, many for sure will attempt.

But a T5, hmmmm...... :Smile_unsure: I may need some convicing. (can't use it in scenario)

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
Member
4,494 posts
8,613 battles
Just now, S0und_Theif said:

They are going to use the Mogador style for a T5 ship?

Maybe if the prize is Paolo Emilio, many for sure will attempt.

But a T5, hmmmm...... :Smile_unsure: I may need some convicing. (can't use it in scenario)

Mogador is a tech tree, not a premium lol 

Aemilius Paullus (that is Paolo Emilio's real name) is either going to the Arsenal or Rubbish Burnheap. Capitani Romani-class is full of Roman and zero Italian.

T5 prem ship reward happened with Hill and Siroco, but this time, Genova is not a certainty for completing all Directives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
965
[-CAT-]
Member
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
25 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Mogador is a tech tree, not a premium lol 

Aemilius Paullus (that is Paolo Emilio's real name) is either going to the Arsenal or Rubbish Burnheap. Capitani Romani-class is full of Roman and zero Italian.

T5 prem ship reward happened with Hill and Siroco, but this time, Genova is not a certainty for completing all Directives.

:Smile_sad:

The Mogador luck style (chain bundle) is becoming a trend and a excuse. Buy me or try your luck (You know the horns are long in this one 😈).

Rubbish Burnheap = Heck no!:fish_viking: (Is it 3 months already?)

Arsernal = Coal or Steel = meh, I can accept.

 

At lease the RM camo has the barber shop deck. :Smile_Default:

Like Hill or Siroco, both T5, they could just made her (Genova) earn-able at 8.10 rather than squeeze everything at 8.9

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[WWS]
Member
291 posts
3,745 battles

It's either grind hard or "buy the premium containers" for the tokens just to unlock those chain bundles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,542 posts
5,464 battles

About damn time they made Regia Marina. I bought all four Italian Ships.

I wanted them more than other overrated lines.

I want Italian BB's and DD in my Collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,356 posts
5,718 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Capitani Romani-class is full of Roman and zero Italian.

According to WG, she is not a Capitani Romani-class, rather, a version of some early study (UP-39) of the said class. Perhaps WG thinks that such draft prototypes would grant them more freedom of adjusting her parameters as 4 of the Capitani Romani-class flotilla leaders are actually built in steel while 3 of them have been completed in time and participated in the war. Her name does come from a canceled member of Capitani Romani-class though.
However after the war the two members of Capitani Romani-class that remained under Italian control were renamed with Christianity-related names that were used by armored cruisers before while discarding the original Roman ones. Perhaps intended to distance the post-war Marina Militare from the Fascist past?

2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I don't think so...? This does not look like a certainty.

 

  • 21x random Patria e Onore bundles with a guarantee of dropping cruiser flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631 V Genova

That is simply ridiculous! We all have real-life work to do while relaxing ourselves by playing the game while entering the event Hall of Fame is already a grindy work.

2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

But a T5, hmmmm...... :Smile_unsure: I may need some convicing. (can't use it in scenario)

So Wargaming, would you please make RM Bolzano as a T6 Premium?

2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

:Smile_sad:

The Mogador luck style (chain bundle) is becoming a trend and a excuse. Buy me or try your luck (You know the horns are long in this one 😈).

Rubbish Burnheap = Heck no!:fish_viking: (Is it 3 months already?)

Arsernal = Coal or Steel = meh, I can accept.

 

At lease the RM camo has the barber shop deck. :Smile_Default:

Like Hill or Siroco, both T5, they could just made her (Genova) earn-able at 8.10 rather than squeeze everything at 8.9

0.8.10 has already be scheduled with the grind for the legendary Italian captain Luigi Sansonetti.

And even with the more accessible format, I didn't get the said two ships due to real-life events :(

Also about luck, there has been rants and arguments about the actual chances of Supercontainers. Let alone these events. I remember during the French destroyer event there are complaints about only getting Jaguar from dozens of containers bought with real-life cash. Similiar complaints exist during the Azur Lane collab earlier this year also AFAIK. 祥瑞御免家宅平安

Anyway, personally speaking I would be satisfied when Giussano can be researched in Patch 0.8.10. I have been noob in British cruisers, while Giussano, as well as being the first member of the Condottieri-class light cruisers family, would also be the last Italian cruiser without the tricky Full-Throttle smokescreen gimmick. I know that T4 ships would not be able to participate in a number of the game's events like the daily missions, however I still think I would reserve a port slot for her, at least to try out the Italian SAP shells as long as she is better than Danae in terms of citadel protection and have a proper Italian ship in my port. At least, cover her citadel roof with a weather deck, apply spaced armour scheme for her belt (24-mm belt+18-mm internal shrapnel bulkhead IRL) and I would be satisfied with the downgraded, Italian-flavored Emile Bertin.

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
965
[-CAT-]
Member
2,044 posts
10,765 battles
14 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

0.8.10 has already be scheduled with the grind for the legendary Italian captain Luigi Sansonetti.

I thought Luigi Sansonetti was attainable via collection and not grind. l'll recheck tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

That is simply ridiculous! We all have real-life work to do while relaxing ourselves by playing the game while entering the event Hall of Fame is already a grindy work.

WG just think that we are 10-18 year old kids who rely on our parents for money and have 6 to 8 hours of game time.

Yo! We have day jobs, or night jobs, or both. We are not bots. (Unless you intend to let the bots win or want us to use that illegal script)

Its 2019, not 1970's or 1980's. (Even if I still use casette tapes and beta max)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,542 posts
5,464 battles
31 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

So Wargaming, would you please make RM Bolzano as a T6 Premium?

 

 

Where's another Condottieri class called Luigi Cadorna or at least a Armando Diaz? Lel Need to complete dem Subclass Cruisers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
497
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,542 posts
5,464 battles
1 minute ago, S0und_Theif said:

I thought Luigi Sansonetti was attainable via collection and not grind. l'll recheck tomorrow.

 

Its collectibles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,356 posts
5,718 battles
7 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I thought Luigi Sansonetti was attainable via collection and not grind.

The problem is that the collection is time-gated, reminiscent of some earlier collections like Dunkirk, Vive la France, Battle of North Cape and Hunt for Bismarck.

"Items of the collection dedicated to the Italian Navy, consisting of 16 elements will only be available in the event's containers. For completing the collection, you will get the new unique Italian commander - Luigi Sansonetti."
From Official Development Bulletin.

6 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

Where's another Condottieri class called Luigi Cadorna or at least a Armando Diaz? Lel Need to complete dem Subclass Cruisers.

 

 

Personally speaking I do not think there exist fundamental differences between Giussano (Condottieri-A) and Cadorna (Condottieri-B). Slightly better RoF and a tad more HP at most.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×