Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Some Tier VI battleships needed Secondary range buff

16 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles

I barely noticed some of the Battleships had very short range on Tier VI (4.0km) on secondary guns, so far they needed range buff

1. New Mexico (4.0km)
  2. Izmail (4.0km)
  3. Fuso (4.0km)
  4. Q.E (4.0km)

Some Tier V Battleships had like 4.5km which can be upgraded into 5.4km for secondary battery upgrade, and AFT for maximum of 6.5km

These 4 Tier VI Battleships cannot brawl against Battleships of higher tier ships like Tier VII-VIII, Fuso/Izmail suffers of Getting Citadeled at Close Range when doing secondary gun fights, New Mexico/Q.E Cannot fight Destroyers and Cruisers at long range because of their short secondary gun range.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
2,183 posts
11,625 battles

Except for Izmail, they are clearly not designed for brawling.

- New Mexico has a bit edge on AA & small hull makes it somewhat easier to dodge torps.

- Fuso is the one of the typical IJN BB. Lots of guns with better accuracy at long (not max) range.

- Q.E. was originally an AA fortress with the strongest short AA bubble at T6. But the new AA mechanics threw her AA gimmick into under the bus. Warspite on the other hand, fulfills the brawling capability.

As for Izmail, I don't think it could be a decent brawler unless WG buffs its citadel protection which can be hit from most angle.

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles
7 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

As for Izmail, I don't think it could be a decent brawler unless WG buffs its citadel protection which can be hit from most angle.

Izmail's Citadel hits can be really annoying, if the AP hits any of your turrets, its directly Citadeled, Foreside of the ship itself can be citadeled. Izmail currently badly needs more armor protection.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,242 posts
18,536 battles

Things I upvote:

1. More US premiums

2. Buff all Germans everything

3. Make secondaries great again

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
3,926 posts
19,953 battles

NM don't need secondaries buff. Need engine overhaul first to be able to catch anything to be able to use secondaries.

Fuso is okay as it is.

QE I forget what needs improving since she is rusting in port.

Izmail is OP when in its best range.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

NM don't need secondaries buff. Need engine overhaul first to be able to catch anything to be able to use secondaries.

Fuso is okay as it is.

NM still needs badly a secondary range and some speed

Fuso, idk, prolly needs secondaries either

Q.E Is already good at punching Planes with her 120mm AA, Secondary guns are what she needs

no comment on Izmail yet but she badly needs thickier armor.

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Things I upvote:

1. More US premiums

Do you mean a US BB Split line?

• Cool 1

1,358 posts
5,718 battles
2 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Fuso, idk, prolly needs secondaries either

Q.E Is already good at punching Planes with her 120mm AA, Secondary guns are what she needs

QE's dual purpose secondaries are 113-mm.

When I grinded the British BB line in Chinese server I was a tad disappointed that KGV's anti-aircraft is just mediocre despite her description and how wonky her gunnery was, despite the almost general-purpose British HE that ignores angling. Aiming mod did help a little however.

[TLS]
3,926 posts
19,953 battles
12 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

I have been holding it in for a long while but <T8 BBs are like Americans. Big, Fat, Slow.

Izmail has armour but all on one place. Honestly, IRL no one would design armour scheme like that. This is ridiculously taken to the extreme. It is like a medieval warrior putting all that armour protection to the groin and leaving everything else exposed.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

1,358 posts
5,718 battles
5 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I have been holding it in for a long while but <T8 BBs are like Americans. Big, Fat, Slow.

Izmail has armour but all on one place. Honestly, IRL no one would design armour scheme like that. This is ridiculously taken to the extreme. It is like a medieval warrior putting all that armour protection to the groin and leaving everything else exposed.

The first problem lies in the pre-treaty USN naval engineering and political influence. The USN were so obsessed with building more and more dreadnoughts while neglecting most other naval combatants else, incul. battlecruisers (when finally the first American battlecruisers were about to come into being they were strangled by WNT regulations), scout cruisers (as a result St. Louis has to be inserted between Chester planned in 1904 and Omaha-prototype planned in 1916) and even destroyers (thanks to the stimulation of the WWI). Also, since Bayern was scuttled in Scapa Flow and Lyon and Kostenko dreadnought project was never built, it gives WG a lot of freedom to apply various extensive modernizations on them in contrast to the USN dreadnoughts.

Besides "the game needs some new ships to break the camping meta", I have heard that Imperial Russian and to some extent, Soviet naval architecture has been deeply influenced by the Tsushima disaster, even to some ridiculous levels. The Gangut-class dreadnoughts has very extensive upper armoured belt, while even when designing the Kronshtadt-class large cruisers Soviet engineers designed a thick forward bulkhead, presumed to give the ship a tad better chance when she was crossed the T by enemies.

4,495 posts
8,614 battles

Secondary build in T6?

The first condition is having at least 27 knots speed.

If a ship doesn't meet that condition, forget it.

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Secondary build in T6?

The first condition is having at least 27 knots speed.

If a ship doesn't meet that condition, forget it.

Why not? as if sooner we can destroy Torpedoes with Secondary guns, the Submarine update is getting near.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

4,495 posts
8,614 battles
Just now, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Why not? as if sooner we can destroy Torpedoes with Secondary guns, the Submarine update is getting near.

Wait until submarines, then.

• Boring 1

[LBAS]
2,944 posts
14,140 battles
14 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The first problem lies in the pre-treaty USN naval engineering and political influence. The USN were so obsessed with building more and more dreadnoughts while neglecting most other naval combatants else, incul. battlecruisers (when finally the first American battlecruisers were about to come into being they were strangled by WNT regulations), scout cruisers (as a result St. Louis has to be inserted between Chester planned in 1904 and Omaha-prototype planned in 1916) and even destroyers (thanks to the stimulation of the WWI). Also, since Bayern was scuttled in Scapa Flow and Lyon and Kostenko dreadnought project was never built, it gives WG a lot of freedom to apply various extensive modernizations on them in contrast to the USN dreadnoughts.

Besides "the game needs some new ships to break the camping meta", I have heard that Imperial Russian and to some extent, Soviet naval architecture has been deeply influenced by the Tsushima disaster, even to some ridiculous levels. The Gangut-class dreadnoughts has very extensive upper armoured belt, while even when designing the Kronshtadt-class large cruisers Soviet engineers designed a thick forward bulkhead, presumed to give the ship a tad better chance when she was crossed the T by enemies.

Imagine if Russia went back into Imperial instead of going Full Soviet (because Stalin dided in 1956), they can produce the battleships including Sinop

Sinop is currently in service but no data was gathered on the said battleship.

1,358 posts
5,718 battles
2 minutes ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Imagine if Russia went back into Imperial instead of going Full Soviet (because Stalin dided in 1956), they can produce the battleships including Sinop

Sinop is currently in service but no data was gathered on the said battleship.

Maybe, but Tsarist Russia did collapse in 1917 due to the strain of the World War.

[CLAY]
2,644 posts
11,986 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Fuso is okay as it is.

QE class is fine.

So long as the ship is named Warspite.

Sign in to follow this