Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MeglaGnome

Reporting Bots : let the player base help

6 comments in this topic

213 posts
9,985 battles

Dear WG. The bot cheats are out of control. Please let us help you.

Please add a category to the in game "report" function : "suspected bot".
You can then use algorithms to grade each players bot spotting accuracy over time, and focus your human resource investigating reports from players who have a good track record of correctly identifying bots.

Heck, lets make it a sport, with player leader boards for highest % accuracy of bot reports, and in game rewards for bot spotter of the month.

How about 1000 dubs for the first player to reach 100 confirmed bot spots?

If you want to get really spicy, let a player claim "salvage rights" on bot accounts that they play a part in shutting down.

Lets do it. We can spot the cursed bots a mile off, so let us help you purge them.

Edited by MeglaGnome
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[AN-DO]
626 posts
9,307 battles

I am all for adding a report option for suspected bot, mainly because it's often so obvious. Even if it just points them in the right direction to further investigate then its a worthwhile step

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,442 posts
6,677 battles

A good idea (possibly open to abuse if not monitored) but in the end what's the point with little or not feedback from WG about what they are doing about it?

[MRI]
3,067 posts
14,037 battles

To prevent abuse, just make the system check for the number of games before flagging the account.

Like if the account has more than 50 games a day and it gets sufficient player reports, then it gets flagged for botting.

• Cool 3

[-CAT-]
1,323 posts
9,616 battles

And should apply to all game modes.

Co-op, Random, Ranked, Clan, Event, Scenario.

There should be no escape and no quarter for these violators.

BTW I have been seeing the same bot names for the past 8 months. Most in mid to high tiers.

One particular "suspect" is almost 1.5 years in the game and still active with 2 known accounts.

They are still sailing. They are still abusing. They are still farming. They also heartlessly TK.

I have lost count how many times I have reported them. THEY ARE STILL THERE. Happily abusing. Happily farming. Happily TK'ing.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
875 posts
5,777 battles

Anything below 45% WR with 200 games played daily: Auto ban.

See, simple. :Smile_trollface:

But no, WG do not want others to witness a sudden drop of player per server, and they think most of us live in prison cell.

Edited by spixys

Sign in to follow this