You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AxEyBoI

MM like this

18 comments in this topic

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,083 battles

70-80% of your T8 games end in T10 but when you go play T10 ships you find that there is 0 ........... none no T8 ships to shoot at maybe 1-2 T9 ships............... What is this.............................................................................................................im getting this all the time. The moment i go pick a T7 or T8 bam its +2.

• Cool 1

[FISH]
2 posts
9,645 battles

aside from being cursed to have a MM+2 mostly when you pick a T7 or T8...

from those recently game updates players have been encouraged to play high tier games (mostly 9-10), farming SC rewards from T10 ships, stuffs like that. Not to mention those newly introduced ships mostly consist of T9 and T10...

[TLS]
3,959 posts
20,047 battles

Obviously their 'new algorithm' implemented recently to prevent this is not working.

Simple solution is to +/-1 MM but noooo. Complicated calculations instead.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

58 posts

I wonder how the new and improved MM handles playing different tier ships. Example, I take out the T8 I'm currently grinding and see a wall of T10s. Ship goes down, so I exit and start playing a T6 ship where I'm not bottom tier. When the T6 match is finished and I take the T8 out again, does MM think since I wasn't bottom tier in my T6 match, they can show me a wall of T10's again?

Edited by Watboy

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,083 battles

Its not working or more like they have done nothing. I cant play T7 or T8 cos i end up in T9-10 games EVERY GAME. Thats why im not spending anymore. Im not getting a FAIR GO and i believe the rest of you's are not also. Most people dont take note of it or dont care. Its forcing me to play T10 only....................... which i could, but i get bored of the stale slow long distance shooting and its more like a game of chess except each side takes 10mins before making 1 move...............

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,866 posts
15,736 battles

No that new MM thing just not working ... all it did is further pushing everyone playing yet even less , if I want to play T6 / T7 I look for Scenarios .. at leas I know what I will be facing ( even if its a bad scenario ) ; playing T8 one is frequently pitted against a wall of T9 / T10 , and the mechanics is driving people either to play T9 / T10 so they are at least not artificially handicapped or plain just do not play high tier at all .. well at least T8 is now on Ranked Sprint .. I just do not take my T8 out on Random any more ( or very rarely ) its not fair especially for one playing mostly DD and CL .. you see a game with double , triple, even quadruple number of Radar vs the teams' population of DD / CL , you see a school of super cruiser which effectively for light force is no less than facing a BB except its even faster , more agile, and load  quicker.

I had to agree with the saying , T9 / T10 game game meta ( and how player plays ) is also very much the problem so don;t blame it all on the game ... all I keep seeing is a team of guns who would not pus, would not support, and most often than not would not even defend , and run as quick as a hare once enemy fire incoming even though the range is more like already pushing 20 KM .. what's the use of a bunch of BB and Super Cruiser if all they are is sailing always only that far from the enemy .. we all know what ...

MM +/-1 is always a viable one and should be enforced .. that should go starting T6 ships .. Its not fun playing your T4 and see a bunch of T6 incoming either, where for T5 and lower, the MM +/- 2 can stay as the skill / effectiveness of ships at those low tiers do not made a disparity that's enough to made the game totally unbalanced , but what really should be baked into the MM is not just this tier vs tier thing, but balancing of ship type and ship's overall capacity to contribute ... 

How many time do you see a high tier game where one side got 2 Yoshino and the other side got 2 Alaska ; or pitting a side of 4 torpedo boat DD against a school of Soviet / German DD ; machine gun CL is placed against super cruiser that their gun cannot even hope to pen unless he / she is like less than 10 KM ; the whole CB / CA / CL MM part is totally off the chart ruining the game ; and the mechanics that do not take into account of capability offered by Radar / Hydro / Smoke / AA and we frequently see composition of team that are grossly in-balanced and depending on the game mode / team composition basically handicap a certain team by default and handicap certain ships / ship type by default

• Cool 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,083 battles

I just played 3 games in DDs and won all games and survived all games with CV in all of them, 1 game i had still had full health and got 70k damage with 2 kills and also got reported and abused in chat cos i didnt push at the front but more to the side flanking and spotting and playing cautious. Players expect you to go in a get sunk for there own benefits. As i said in my other statements i wont push in ANY ship for that matter, anyone wanting to attack i will join you to the end but you go 1st. Never will i EVER go 1st again. The players are selfish so be it. I will find those that want to have fun and not scared to have a go and take risks, i will salute you and we will dance and dodge till we drinking beer or drinking salt water.

• Cool 1

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles
6 hours ago, AxEyBoI said:

As i said in my other statements i wont push in ANY ship for that matter, anyone wanting to attack i will join you to the end but you go 1st. Never will i EVER go 1st again.

I say that to myself at the start of every game ...... but I get bored so "Geronimo" always wins out :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,281 posts
18,822 battles
13 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Obviously their 'new algorithm' implemented recently to prevent this is not working.

Simple solution is to +/-1 MM but noooo. Complicated calculations instead.

Ok ok.

Add that to my list.

FOUR THINGS I always upvote.

1. More US pemiums

2. Buff all the German everythings

3. Make secondaries great again

4. +/-1 MM

[MRI]
3,463 posts
14,906 battles
1 hour ago, Otago_F111 said:

I say that to myself at the start of every game ...... but I get bored so "Geronimo" always wins out :Smile_facepalm:

Same here. Sometime the game gets so utterly boring with both teams playing chicken that I just want to die quickly so that I can quit WoWs and do something else.

[TLS]
3,959 posts
20,047 battles

We should have that ring of fire like in that apocalypse mode where it shrinks and if you stay out, you get damaged. Yeah. That would improve this ridiculous chicken sniping. Continue to snipe while taking damage.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
3,959 posts
20,047 battles
3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Same here. Sometime the game gets so utterly boring with both teams playing chicken that I just want to die quickly so that I can quit WoWs and do something else.

Yeah. Even in co-op it is ridiculous. Early this morning I was in my Lion, on Shattered, trying to fend of a Kremlin and Iowa, a decent Izumo was trying to fend of an FDG and a cruiser while this stupid other Lion was sniping throughout not supporting Izumo who was closest to him. Izumo went, then our bot CV, then I got Kremlin'ed trying to play with a broken rear gun while the other Lion still proceeded to hunt the red bot CV. -_- I believe we still could have won that match if Izumo had help clearing his two problems while I tried to survive until help arrived. 3v4 is better than 2v4.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
1,634 posts
17,863 battles

don't forget you have to play 20 battles at tier 8 before the new MM kicks in 

these 20 battles get reset every time the sever gets reset.

so every week you will have to play the 20 battles before the new Mm kicks in.

just remember that 

[MD]
[MD]
571 posts
2,948 battles

Better to face fellow T10 in T10 battle, rather than this hell of a match

Screenshot (113).png

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles
17 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Screenshot (113).png

xhss9.jpg

Fail div.

[SMOKE]
1,866 posts
15,736 battles

I've noticed that both BB and Cruisers alike had pick up really bad habit of just stay out, stay back and won't move at all , this filter down to players playing in Ranked and in mid tiers too and of course those got decimated and in turn made the team's other player miserable ... I play quite a few round of mid tier this weekend and found myself top among the team not becasue I am really good , but because the others are really bad ... MM is particular in these cases ... I am seeing a slew of slow BB all looped on one side and fast one on the other ... seen all Radar US Cruiser on one and then none on the others ; and not to mention the stupid MM about 3 CV per side in  a game where there's only 1 DD and 1 Cruiser per team ( they basically excluding them from any play at all )

[TLS]
3,959 posts
20,047 battles
45 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

WHY?! WHY!? Why oh why did you have to join a fail div. You never do that unless you are <T5 or with CV.

Or at least CV protection still currently stands. Correct me if I am wrong.

[DDG41]
14 posts
1,875 battles
On 10/8/2019 at 7:27 AM, Otago_F111 said:

This. After about 30 secs.