Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

You don't always get what you want...

11 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,282 posts
15,955 battles

...but if you try sometimes...

I was rescuing a few raptors just now and having a chat about Ark Royal with @dejiko_nyo 

I thought, "sure, I can gamble on ONE kash kitty kat kontainer, what's the harm? Maybe I will roll an Ark Royal mission" (I do this from time to time, just for the lulz).

And then this happened...

30504375_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_10.06-01_55_22_70.thumb.png.c7dd329bc5ec56da50f914ade88f2dac.png

"Oh noes!" I thought to myself!

"But I just finished the German BB line! I don't need that!"

But THEN crafty Gollum said something clever.

"But precious... you can reset the nasty fat Germans NOW and get a FREE Bismarck to eats along the way!"

And then this happened 😛

2010295045_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_10.06-02_43_14_52.thumb.png.64f94dda7e81c8b1433ece50aecfd966.png

And now I have FIVE perma camos for Bismarck!

• Cool 3

[MRI]
3,065 posts
14,023 battles

Lol the same happened to me too. Got a Bismarck mission from one of the free Unsinkable Sam crates so I decided to reset the line.

Should be finished with the Bismarck grind soon. Then I will try to grind as much as I can on the FDG before and fxp'ing to the GK before the anniversary event finishes so I can get another Supercontainer.

• Cool 1

4,219 posts
8,070 battles

"But is it what you need?"

-The great philosopher Jagger-

• Funny 1

[EE09]
87 posts
665 battles

I've had no luck with the free containers so far its almost disheartening. 

The most out of the SCs I earned from the directives are 1000 dubs.

Well atleast I don't have to spend as much for a future premium ship. I also wish for a Premium Ship Trade-In event 😄

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,442 posts
6,665 battles

Lol.   Don’t feel bad Max.  I got the Bismarck AND Cossack missions.    No Ark Royal.   

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
2,293 posts
11,067 battles

Clever.

I probably wouldn't do it, FDG grind was too painful, and I have a slight obsession to get Elite status on all tech tree ships.

And I already have Bismarck & Cossack and have no interest in CVs at the moment, so I don't bother with the crates.

But still, as you're already doing the research thing, clever way to skip most of the grind.

Edited by Grygus_Triss

[TLS]
3,507 posts
19,142 battles

PS. Ark Royal only looks good if the AA is shit. Otherwise it is AA OP, nerf plz.

• Cool 2

1,125 posts
4,748 battles

Why all of you have such good luck that can get free ships from free containers...

The most I have got was Pytor Velikiy dated back to the Soviet battleships event. I hope that I can complete the grind for the guaranteed T6 premium.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,282 posts
15,955 battles
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Lol the same happened to me too. Got a Bismarck mission from one of the free Unsinkable Sam crates so I decided to reset the line.

Nice. Only free drop I got was Cossack on my French alt.

12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Should be finished with the Bismarck grind soon. Then I will try to grind as much as I can on the FDG before and fxp'ing to the GK before the anniversary event finishes so I can get another Supercontainer.

That's a thing? Rebuy Gretel Kurfurst and get another SC? :Smile_amazed:

Don't think I have enough FXP up my sleeve to do that...

5 hours ago, PanJin21 said:

I've had no luck with the free containers so far its almost disheartening. 

Ah, that Bismarck drop was from a single premium container purchase, 6.80AUD. I just got lucky.

Gambling is gambling. It's kind of... erm, I want to say, evil? that we aren't told the odds.

I only bet what I can afford to lose, mostly...

4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lol.   Don’t feel bad Max.  I got the Bismarck AND Cossack missions.    No Ark Royal.   

Well if you are like me, you have (had and now have again) both of those already... on main account anyway...

57 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Why all of you have such good luck that can get free ships from free containers...

The most I have got was Pytor Velikiy dated back to the Soviet battleships event. I hope that I can complete the grind for the guaranteed T6 premium.

I sometimes feel I get lucky or maybe luckier than many others? Totally subjective of course, I mean maybe I just post my luck more often?

But when I get drops like Prinz Eugen and Boise and so forth I feel lucky.

However I play a lot and although I totally believe this is truly a F2P game, I do drop a couple of dollars on crates from time to time.

Like Aerosmith sang - Rolling dice get lucky cuz they're rollin' all the time.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,442 posts
6,665 battles
4 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Nice. Only free drop I got was Cossack on my French alt.

I already had them both...………………………………….

• Cool 1

191 posts

I got Bismarck and Ark Royal from the Sam containers (luck smiled on me for once). Was a little annoyed at first about getting Bismarck (as I recently unlocked it) but then I realised the "Historical - Bismarck" camo is a far better version of the "Type 18 - Bismarck" camo (to think I came close to wasting 3000 doubloons on that). Anyhow I also love the "Historical - Ark Royal" camo and it is also cool to have a tiny little kitty cat running around the decks of Bismarck and Ark Royal.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this