You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Charlie_26_1

3 CV's per side. What are you thinking WOWS???

37 comments in this topic

[VNR]
69 posts
7,458 battles
1 hour ago, Charlie_26_1 said:

Every time I play when there are 3 CV's per side no one wins except the CV's.  This is ridiculous WOWS.  What are you thinking!!!!

Well, it mostly happen with CV T4 ~ T6 , they have to waiting for long time to get match. 

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles
26 minutes ago, quyprocm said:

Well, it mostly happen with CV T4 ~ T6 , they have to waiting for long time to get match. 

Which happens because T6 to T8 complained which happened because T8 to T10 complained and wg did stupid fixes.

[VNR]
69 posts
7,458 battles
51 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Which happens because T6 to T8 complained which happened because T8 to T10 complained and wg did stupid fixes.

Agree.

[LBAS]
1,548 posts

either before of after re-work, CV exist solely to rob enjoyment from everyone else

1 CV : enjoyment -100%

2 CV : enjoyment -200%

3 CV : enjoyment -300%

[SALT]
2,020 posts
10,542 battles

Well, your happiness is just number, it would balans overtime :Smile-_tongue:

Got thrown into 2 vs 2 CV T10 matches ytd.

3 min in enemy Kleber become sharkfood, 2 min latter our team shimas turn despite having hindy and smolensk covering him lel. spreadsheet said those 2 enjoying best moment of the game there :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,065 battles

Just go out of a game at and i was T7, with 1X T6 CV and 2x T8 CV per side........ FK ds you just want to quit and play another game. Its a game of planes thats it........... waste of fkn every1s time.

• Cool 2

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
209 posts

Was it during wee hours of the day, like maybe 2am on a weekday in your region. Weird stuff happens sometimes...like one time, we played 3 vs 3.

But that almost doesn't happen now. 

19 posts
441 battles

Thoughts of a newbee

been playing 3 weeks, about to quit, the CVs are stupid

Just played a game, 3 CVs each side, and not a single surface ship had AA

WTF!

CVS GO HUNTING FOR POINTS, BUT DONT ATTACK OTHER cvS, WHICH is exactly opposite to what happens IRL

Meanwhile, unprotected BBs suffer attack, atfer attack, after attack

TBDs drop at stupidly close range, and survive, again, not like RL.

Such beautiful modelled ships, such stupidly designed purpose and game focus

I play WITP, AE, its ten years old, and for actual realism, still blows this out of the water

I spent 20  years in the Navy, study and teach, write about Navy History, thought this might give a new insight.

Sorry, my mistake

• Cool 1

[LNA]
2,023 posts
13,287 battles

Well , sailor if you want realism , it's going to suck hard. Cause you are stuck 24/7 cleaning the damn thing until liberty calls.

This game tone down a lot of realism to appeal to many people who have no clue how ships paddle through the water.

In this game ,CV is well protected and far away. It is not an appealing target much like modern Carrier battle group. And also , CV is much neutered , it is no longer the first kill ship to affect a win. If CV is what it is , one can sink the whole enemy fleet in single sortie and mope up leftovers with a second.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

4,535 posts
8,629 battles

People complaining about the pathetic reworked CVs and then there is me being one-shot by RTS CVs within the first 5 mins of the match and did not get PTSD from it: :Smile_popcorn:

#bringbackRTSCVs

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles

_I cannot stop sniggering at the comments and therefore make snarky replies_

"CVS GO HUNTING FOR POINTS, BUT DONT ATTACK OTHER cvS,"

What else can these neutered cvs do? Send out fighters to defend you? Oh wait, they removed those in "reworking". Divert to your location to drop "fighters" to assist you and earn practically no xp doing that? Nope.

Getting one shot by RTS CV usually meant you were against someone that was serious.

If CV is what it is , one can sink the whole enemy fleet in single sortie and mope up leftovers with a second. <-- This is what CVs ingame should be. *whistles innocently*

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[FORCE]
2,213 posts
11,754 battles
1 hour ago, ogowa said:

CVS GO HUNTING FOR POINTS, BUT DONT ATTACK OTHER cvS, WHICH is exactly opposite to what happens IRL

You're 10 months late to see how fun it was to see your friendly CVs got murdered in the first 4 minutes by the more-skilled enemy CV players. Even if the opposite happened, many players would still complain because they always got their kills stolen by the friendly CVs.

[MRI]
3,453 posts
14,872 battles
3 hours ago, ogowa said:

And DDs go around hunting BBs in game, which is opposite to what happens IRL.

Also ships avoid showing their broadsides to the enemy, which is the exact opposite in IRL.

The list goes on.

WoWs is not a realistic simulator, so it is pointless bringing the IRL argument in here.

• Funny 1

[TLS]
3,941 posts
20,014 battles

We just need an i401 with a Supergravity Cannon. That is definitely not IRL.

PS. 3 CVs a side? That is definitely IRL.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
FOUR

19 posts
441 battles

OK

so some people just complain, and I have, but here are my ideas on a world of warships that some might like

1/ WW 1 era ships only

2/ You start the game, and find yourself attached to a squadron, that has a flag commander (who has earnt that position)

3/ You will be in a line ahead formation,  (all ships of the same nationality)where the flag goes, you follow, and you lose points for breaking that line (unless damaged)

4/ There will be a specific goal, defeat enemy, or bombard point x, or something

5 Damage accrued is reduced by 75% to what a hit causes now, ie, you can take a lot more hits. NO damage indication lines, nor even if they are enemy- you have to id the nation first, yourself, or via team mates

6/ damaged ships can inform flag, and try to retire "to a port", where you cannot be sunk

7/ Here's the killer. You win, BIG points, if you get sunk, you lose use of that ship for a considerable time (sunk Captains always get demoted)

8/  no "god like viewing", all vision is from the bridge, and ONLY the ships YOU see, are on the little detail map

9/ The maps are 10 times the size, meaning you have to search,, and be strategic in the goal of the game

So what you have  will be a battle line, fighting as one. Cruisers will have to go out, and search for the enemy, and report "enemy at J5" on messenger or the like

Then when ships locate each other, will the line "cross his T", or what will Flag do?

Destroyers launching TT attacks from the battle line, or covering the fleet with smoke

And players proving their driving skills (follow the flag without collision, and shoot at the same time)  mindful at all times, just how valuable their ship is.

comments?

• Bad 1

[151ST]
2,358 posts
9,917 battles

I'm sorry but I actually don't have as much of an issue with 3x CVs compared to most. They are annoying but their damage is anemic.

Most of the issue is the impact on newer players because once you know how to dodge, you can mitigate a large portion of T4 CV damage with WASD.

If anything the lack of any meaningful AA at lower tiers is the issue, if there was some, maybe T4 CVs could be buffed a tad and then there'd actually be some interaction.

This won't happen though as it would further negatively impact newbies...

• Cool 1

[DDG41]
14 posts
1,875 battles
22 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

I'm sorry but I actually don't have as much of an issue with 3x CVs compared to most. They are annoying but their damage is anemic.

Most of the issue is the impact on newer players because once you know how to dodge, you can mitigate a large portion of T4 CV damage with WASD.

If anything the lack of any meaningful AA at lower tiers is the issue, if there was some, maybe T4 CVs could be buffed a tad and then there'd actually be some interaction.

This noob has learnt a lot in 500 odd battles, but getting any fun out of a battle with 3 CV and 2 DD (mine a t3) a side is not one of them. The temptation to just rage quit is strong. I expect many noobs do.

The maps are simply too small for 3 CV and the limit should be set at 2, and preferably in t4 and above battles only.

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
274 posts
6,915 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

T4 Hosho (in particular) is the seal clubbers weapon of choice. Sure the torps do "anemic" damage, but flooding is still flooding. Hosho bombs are AP, and seal clubbers know how to drop them, and rockets cause fires. 1 seal clubbing Hosho is difficult at the best of times, but 3 of them is a literal nightmare for anyone to deal with. Every T3-5 game I have been in with 3 CV's has always ended with only CV's left. AA at that level is almost non existent, so CV's need to be restricted. Wargaming knows how OP CV's are, why else do they restrict divisions to just 1 CV.