Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sfcgx3

How to Yoshino?

22 comments in this topic

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,490 battles

Just bought Yoshino. Losing streak currently. Doing 60-70 dmg. 0 torp hit. Receiving citadel from all direction...

it needs a buff

Edited by sfcgx3

[BLESS]
1,159 posts
10,398 battles

I think the idea with this ship is to stay well out of trouble and throw HE from the back lines.

• Cool 1

[EE09]
87 posts
736 battles
23 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

Just bought Yoshino. Losing streak currently. Doing 60-70 dmg. 0 torp hit. Receiving citadel from all direction...

it needs a buff

Read LWM's review of the ship. 

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,490 battles
13 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

I think the idea with this ship is to stay well out of trouble and throw HE from the back lines.

Problem is 1) range is short only 20km and most BBs are snipers today 2) concealment is huge so usually get spotted easily if there is a CV

[KAMI]
1,506 posts
12,419 battles
6 minutes ago, sfcgx3 said:

range is short only 20km

u trollin aint u

4,539 posts
8,629 battles
13 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

u trollin aint u

Yes.

"20 km is too short"
Here I thought Alaska's 19 km is awesome for basically everyone and Des Moist's 16 km is great.

Edited by Paladinum

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,067 battles

go towards back of the back and just spam torpedoes all  game, when enemy BB is firing at some1 else just shoot him a few times when hes reloading then just hide and spam torps.

[WWS]
294 posts
3,745 battles

Check if someone is looking in your general direction, if none, shoot. If PT goes +1 go stealth.

• Funny 1

[SMOKE]
1,852 posts
15,727 battles

Guess why this ship is very unpopular , among fellow players on the same team , you are talking about a cruiser short at the front and a cruiser who can only kind of shoot from the back .. and forget those 20KM torp , its not going to catch anyone if you really range it for anything like that range ... it can do far better if play like a Zao, stay mid range and use both the gun and the torp and be prepared to go forth if condition favors and retreat if it goes south

[151ST]
2,368 posts
9,927 battles
5 hours ago, sfcgx3 said:

Problem is 1) range is short only 20km and most BBs are snipers today 2) concealment is huge so usually get spotted easily if there is a CV

[BLESS]
1,159 posts
10,398 battles
3 hours ago, Mechfori said:

Guess why this ship is very unpopular , among fellow players on the same team , you are talking about a cruiser short at the front and a cruiser who can only kind of shoot from the back .. 

The "-1 cruiser effect" can be devastating,  especially when there are only 2 cruisers on your team to start with, and maybe only 1 or 2 DDs.

On the other hand, in games where your team has decent vision and plenty of cruisers, that accurate, heavy firepower - often coming from directions unexpected by the enemy and catching ships broadside or otherwise exposed - really makes the difference.

Generally though you can see why many players consider Zao to be superior. It can do the long range HE spam almost as well, but can also operate from forward positions and fulfill a far greater variety of roles as a result.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,456 posts
14,872 battles

Just stay in the back and farm damage all day. That's all it is good at. Almost 0 team utility.

[151ST]
2,368 posts
9,927 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

The "-1 cruiser effect" can be devastating,  especially when there are only 2 cruisers on your team to start with, and maybe only 1 or 2 DDs.

On the other hand, in games where your team has decent vision and plenty of cruisers, that accurate, heavy firepower - often coming from directions unexpected by the enemy and catching ships broadside or otherwise exposed - really makes the difference.

Generally though you can see why many players consider Zao to be superior. It can do the long range HE spam almost as well, but can also operate from forward positions and fulfill a far greater variety of roles as a result.

I think the thing everyone forgets about Yoshi is that she can pen 50mm with HE, which in these days of armour creep (looking at you SN BBs) can be very useful.

We even saw one of the top Asia clans trialling one in CB (I think it was VOR).

[FORCE]
2,218 posts
11,769 battles

Use range upgrade & scrap the concealment mod for steering gear 3 for better rudder response to dodge shells. Unlike the island-humping US cruisers, this ship is designed to be an open-water long-ranged HE spammer. If the sniping BBs are part of your problems, take Incoming Fire Alert which notifies you every time the enemies try to snipe you.

And of course stay as far away as your guns can reach which means you only sail in the same direction as the BBs in general. This will less likely make you a feasible target to the enemies, especially if some of your teammates are spotted at closer range. In short; this ship is just the typical selfish damage farmer. Your win or loss will depend on how long the teammates can survive the onslaught in your absence.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,159 posts
10,398 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

I think the thing everyone forgets about Yoshi is that she can pen 50mm with HE, which in these days of armour creep (looking at you SN BBs) can be very useful.

310 mm is the entire ship's reason for being, and why she does so well in certain circumstances.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
1,852 posts
15,727 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

310 mm is the entire ship's reason for being, and why she does so well in certain circumstances.

And I wager that's both a blessing and a curse ; yes those certain situation ... the ship can do good, but most other times we are talking a cruiser that cannot do cruiser duty and most Yashino player actually refuse to do cruiser duty at all. The Team's BB and stay back farming guns might not be having too much concerns ; but at the top tiers, the up front DD, CL, and even CA dearly do not welcome such kind of Cruiser that cannot and often will not do its duty UP FRONT , and that made it kind of the always unwelcomed one , in short it cannot tank as well as BB, it cannot charge as well as BB, it cannot and most likely will not or just plain unable to support the DD and the CL up front and up close ( which is most needed considering the population of DD and CL in top tier games ), it doe not do much if any to contribute AA if CV is present ... what we got is a semi mobile battery that's kind of there at the back, and that's all

2 hours ago, Sir_Feather said:

Use range upgrade & scrap the concealment mod for steering gear 3 for better rudder response to dodge shells. Unlike the island-humping US cruisers, this ship is designed to be an open-water long-ranged HE spammer. If the sniping BBs are part of your problems, take Incoming Fire Alert which notifies you every time the enemies try to snipe you.

And of course stay as far away as your guns can reach which means you only sail in the same direction as the BBs in general. This will less likely make you a feasible target to the enemies, especially if some of your teammates are spotted at closer range. In short; this ship is just the typical selfish damage farmer. Your win or loss will depend on how long the teammates can survive the onslaught in your absence.

and that  absence can be felt ; and in most cases disdained upon especially among those light force up front ; same goes with those BB who would only stay back ; but at least they usually had the know to charge when needed, Yoshino in general had shown more or less just plain selfishness in not supporting by all account : I am not saying all Yoshino player are like that .. I've seen and experience Yoshino that are played well and played well as a Cruiser doing Cruiser duty ; unfortunately those are far and few in between

[FORCE]
2,218 posts
11,769 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

and that  absence can be felt ; and in most cases disdained upon especially among those light force up front ; same goes with those BB who would only stay back ; but at least they usually had the know to charge when needed, Yoshino in general had shown more or less just plain selfishness in not supporting by all account : I am not saying all Yoshino player are like that .. I've seen and experience Yoshino that are played well and played well as a Cruiser doing Cruiser duty ; unfortunately those are far and few in between

Well the selfishness seems like a common trait for most of the high tier IJN ships in general.

- BBs have thinner armor, but more agile & more accurate guns at long range. Sure angling still work, but not as effective as BBs of other nations

- Cruisers have BB-like turret traverse speed which makes closer engagements suicidal.

- Gunboats have subpar concealment & mediocre maneuverability which makes cap contesting without getting focused by multiple enemies seemingly impossible.

This of course only leaves the torpboats to have higher teamplay capability, although some players can still be selfish with those ships.

• Cool 3

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,067 battles

Yes its got some punch to both guns and torps but at max range. Unless your kiting or tactically retreating from BBs and slow Cruisers cos 90% of the time being such a large ship every BB on the map will aim at you even if your behind your own BBs and other smaller cruisers. I dont push anymore, i use to but i get focus and its like 4-6 ships in terminator mode at you even though theres many Sarah Connors in front, they still red dot you. The game has forced the players to play in such a way to maximum its survivability. The problem with this is that in random nobody helps anyone most of the time anyways so it makes no difference what ship anyone uses. I play for myself now and dont care anymore if win or lose, just farm and sit back. Anyone that is close to me and wants to push and willing to get sunk i will support and go down with them, but not till there down 1st.

Edited by AxEyBoI

4,539 posts
8,629 battles
On 10/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, Sir_Feather said:

Well the selfishness seems like a common trait for most of the high tier IJN ships in general.

Indeed. I wanted to point this out when people started saying "Yoshino has no tactical value". Japanese cruiser in game have very low teamplay value already :Smile_smile: 

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
1,852 posts
15,727 battles

its overall reciprocal ; first its the BB refusing to go forward as they say they got spammed, then the Super Cruiser will not cause they feel like do not had a group to stay around, then the CA would not since they would not be covered ; and then the CL won't either since they cannot hide and no real fire power backing; and that leave only the DD able to even try ... and most will not cause they know if they got spotted and that is a very large possibility so, they will be focus fired and those who only sit back and behind rocks either cannot or more often will not support and even if they do they give no real up close up front fire support that can actually repel and  protect the light force up front ...

From any one of them those reason might be sound when viewed only as that individual ship goes, the question on hand of course is that pushing of any form require a group and a formation ; and that is solely lacking , especially among the like of BB and Super Cruiser ; I dearly think that reason of getting spammed is really only excuse, they had the armor, they had the HP, they just will not tank and will not fight .. its not like the CA, CL, and DD would not get spammed ... and they are even worse off as both HE and AP hurt equal bad. Light force are thus either forced to push and fight that up front or force to be sailing at the back just watching ( cause both their guns and torps cannot reach that far )

Selfishness is not only displayed by IJN BB and Super Cruiser, its a very nature of most of Asian Server's heavy gun's display of how the play, the play to farm, to snipe, not to win ... and that you can judge for yourself if its game and sportsmanship or else !!

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,067 battles

As above. Exactly right. Spot on. No support. So in the end just sit back and shoot from distance. CV dont help this either nor will Subs help improve game play. Cant understand how WG cant see this or try to do something to change it, even improving MM cos thats still utter trash. Also nerfing the Yudachi and the Siegfried like they were OP to begin with..... mind baffling.

Sign in to follow this