Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Smolensk, Another drama

18 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,746 posts
13,374 battles

Currently on Coop, i saw a Smolensk on the allied team, currently it does SUCK, also, why giving Smoke to a 4x4 turetted cruiser, why not give it Main battery booster just like the french cruisers?

I can feel that Smolensk will be removed on Armory despite how disgusting her firerate is, but Akizuki/Harugumo/Kitakaze still ok than a 4X4 setting you on fire everytime hipisbalancedcomrade.mp4 but no, Somelensk was the entire mistake. even Comrades can't play it as well with the HE salvo

And the Drama continues.

Either get a Neustrashimy or a Grozovoi, at least its forgiving than being a disgusting ship camping on its on smoke :Smile_trollface:

:Smile_popcorn:

[TLS]
3,493 posts
19,108 battles

Smelly's problem is it is cruiser firepower on a DD hull. Like I've said here, 

You can also say it is the Soviet version of a Worchestershire Sauce. Basically, it is introduced so that they don't lose out in the RoF meta. Basically, it suffers from the same unfortunately role as a worc as long range HE spammer. Granted, I've tried its AP in CQC and it actually works; only pray that you can AP to death your target before it sends you to your watery grave first.

But yes, the RoF Spam does to some effect cause lesser willed opponents to falter but against more experienced opponents, it is questionable. 

ANYHOW, IMHO, to best use it you need a tanker to absorb the incoming fire while you return spam, ie: TEAMWORK (hohoho, on this server? ahahahahaha. don't make me laugh). Otherwise it ends up being just a damage farmer.

4,198 posts
8,053 battles

Yuro: *takes a shower after playing a match in Smallength*

NoZoup: "Best Coal ship is Smallength"

Also NoZoup: "Smallength SUCKS"

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
2,746 posts
13,374 battles
17 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Smelly's problem is it is cruiser firepower on a DD hull. Like I've said here, 

Imagine a div of 3 Smolensk, or 1 Smolensk with 2 Harugumemes, Entirely Burns heretics on Holy fire 

BI0qaev.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
3,493 posts
19,108 battles
1 minute ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

Imagine a div of 3 Smolensk, or 1 Smolensk with 2 Harugumemes, Entirely Burns heretics on Holy fire 

BI0qaev.gif

I believe somewhere I have recently seen this complaint of 2 smellies and another RoF firestarter causing this issue.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
5,832 posts
24,241 battles
43 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

But yes, the RoF Spam does to some effect cause lesser willed opponents to falter but against more experienced opponents, it is questionable. 

ANYHOW, IMHO, to best use it you need a tanker to absorb the incoming fire while you return spam, ie: TEAMWORK (hohoho, on this server? ahahahahaha. don't make me laugh). Otherwise it ends up being just a damage farmer.

you do not need a "tanker" unless you are faceing a krem/yamato/repu/thunderer, the 30mm midsection is more than enough to bounce low caliber BB shells, the thing that a smole needs desprately is a spotter.

remember the 350k smole game i posted? i ran out of smokes about 10m in and the rest of the damage was purely from run and gun on BBs or from island cover, and all i had was a DD to spot for me

[TLS]
3,493 posts
19,108 battles
6 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

the thing that a smole needs desprately is a spotter.

Definately desperately. I see the difference between a smelly that has to do everything on its on and one that has some support.

[LBAS]
1,514 posts

so... it's fun ship to play

but suck ship to play against...

hmm whatever, right now I'm stick with 20km torp and never bring myself into their range.

when my team smole ask for spotting, I respond   'D.I.Y.'   lol

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
2,746 posts
13,374 battles
6 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

so... it's fun ship to play

but suck ship to play against...

hmm whatever, right now I'm stick with 20km torp and never bring myself into their range.

when my team smole ask for spotting, I respond   'D.I.Y.'   lol

Add Demolition Expert and enjoy seeing them in Flames 

[LBAS]
1,514 posts

someone should made a mod that make smole shell firing in 7 colors randomly or wave...

ohhhh--- THAT ought to be BEAUTIFUL!

• Funny 2

4,198 posts
8,053 battles
9 minutes ago, PGM991 said:

someone should made a mod that make smole shell firing in 7 colors randomly or wave...

ohhhh--- THAT ought to be BEAUTIFUL!

Makes that 16, 1 for each barrel

[SMOKE]
1,490 posts
14,061 battles

I had the ship I dare to differ , yes it can do that HE spamming and it do it well  ; provided you are allowed to .. its got paper thin armor and its got pretty low HP ( even if you take SE ) so while its ROF is great it require a significant amount of expertise to properly position and execute ; and it cannot hide like the DD either .. I think people are over reacting somewhat, such kind of ships is nothing new, IJN gunboat had been blamed for that, the US Cruisers at T10 ; and no less some other like the Minotaur ( AP spam in this case ) or some Soviet DD ; the French Colbert actually do it even far more with a base reload of 3.5 sec vs the Smolensk's base 4.5 sec and with a larger HP pool. The Worcester had base reload of 4.6 sec but with a 152mm gun that clearly out power anything the Colbert and the Smolensk can do ; the IJN Harugumo is the real machine gun among the fleet and she can do it and hide also , and of course Friesland 

Instead of blaming a single ship or type of ship, might be one should question how the game mechanics works or should work on the Fire / Fire damage part and as well why people do that HE spamming ( well the game meta put them way beyond AP effective range so ... ) 

Edited by Mechfori
  • Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,353 posts
11,714 battles

Smolensk is just a t10 kutuzov on steroids

Not much difference

• Funny 1

[TDA]
Super Tester_
5,435 posts
6,630 battles
4 hours ago, BIGCOREMKP0I said:

How to Smolensk:

I was expecting the Pyro video.  That's how I feel when I play the Smoulderensk

• Funny 1

[TLS]
3,493 posts
19,108 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Makes that 16, 1 for each barrel

EGA colour. Or was that CGA colour. >_>

[MRI]
3,042 posts
13,983 battles

WG said they didn't want to give the British CLs HE shells + smoke because it was not fun to play against.

Years later they released the Smolensk.  :cap_hmm:

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
1,514 posts
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

WG said they didn't want to give the British CLs HE shells + smoke because it was not fun to play against.

Years later they released the Smolensk.  :cap_hmm:

1570226063386.thumb.jpg.9f3b4fefa70ca55fcf0c0808738fcd4f.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this