Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Dry dock: Großer Kurfürst - How to NOT pick a subject for a video a.k.a. BUFF GERMAN SHIPS

41 comments in this topic

4,204 posts
8,055 battles

When you upload the video showing the 3D model of a ship and no less than 80% of the comments is about buffing the ship in the video (and her entire tech tree).

Achievement unlocked :Smile_medal:

Improving German BBs

They are designated brawlers by WG (they advertised them like that).  But they also have piss poor torpedo damage reduction, terribly stupid concealment, horrible maneuverability and main gun performance is just horrible.

Spoiler

Main guns:

+ Dispersion: super cruiser dispersion at 14 km for T7-10 and 12 km for T3-6.

+ Penetration: Greatly improve AP penetration value at 14 km and less. These apply to all German tech tree BBs.

Tankiness: generally harder to catch on fire. And better torpedo damage reduction. And the midsection of the ship saturates damage faster.

Secondary armament: more HP to survive longer.

Consumables: Add a new consumable in the same slot as Aircraft consumables - Secondary Battery Reload Booster: reduces reload time of all secondary guns by 50% for 12 seconds. 2 charges stock, cooldown 240 seconds (180 premium). This applies to Konig, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FdG and GK.

Concealment: holy **** why the **** do they have the worst air detectability despite having the least height of most, if not ALL BBs of the same tier??? Yamato has less air detectability than GK despite being basically the tallest BB in the game.

Maneuverability: able to accelerate and decelerate better than now.

Improving German cruisers

Spoiler

Yorck, Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg: improve drag coefficient and Krupp value of main gun shells, mainly AP.

Konigsberg, Nurnberg: -either- change the AP shells to be short-fused like British CLs -or- fire chance of HE shells needs to increase.

Siegfried: TURRET TRAVERSE SPEED. BUFF TURRET TRAVERSE SPEED. IT IS A TRAGEDY NOT TO (just like Wagner’s The Ring of Nibelung… opera… thing)

ALL of them: long range AA for 105 mm and 128 mm DP guns increases to 5.8 km.

Improving German DDs

Spoiler

Survivability: Let them have the HP distribution similar to French DDs (but at a weaker magnitude), making them saturate damage faster to take less damage later on. This is to make them last longer.

Guns:
+ Buff turret traverse speed of Gaede, Maass and Z-23. Those numbers are just SAD. It cannot be more than 15s.
+ AP shells need to have more punch, AS ADVERTISED. Improve the Krupp value (for AP) and drag coefficient (for HE and AP). Optionally, better autobounce angle.
+ Why don't they have 1/4 HE pen?

Agility: all ships need a small maneuverability buff.

Torpedoes: adding alternative torpedo modules with same range, higher damage, slower speed and longer reload time.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
3,250 posts
15,860 battles

I comment everywhere.

SMOKE BOMB!

*dissappears*

• Funny 2

4,204 posts
8,055 battles

Smallength: absolutely fool-proof

German BBs: require absolute intelligence, knowledge and experience

4,204 posts
8,055 battles

Updated the Main post to include some solutions.

• Cool 1

4,204 posts
8,055 battles

I'm watching Twitch stream right now:

Sub_Oct: "There MAY BE buffs to German BBs this year"

• Cool 1

[POI]
962 posts
9,912 battles
10 hours ago, Paladinum said:

that's great! 

managed to get any detail out of it? 

4,204 posts
8,055 battles
17 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

managed to get any detail out of it? 

I couldn't get any detail because there was no detail. Just a vague 'promise'. They even joked that they would reduce main gun range of German BBs, which is very inappropriate. 

I expect nothing.

No news on Siegfried either.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[POI]
962 posts
9,912 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I couldn't get any detail because there was no detail. Just a vague 'promise'. They even joked that they would reduce main gun range of German BBs, which is very inappropriate. 

I expect nothing.

No news on Siegfried either.

Thanks mate. 

Reduce the main gun range? 

Yamato 26km

Montana 23km?

Republique 24km?

Conqueror 23km?

GK 20.6km

Kremlin 20.6km 

4,204 posts
8,055 battles
4 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

Reduce the main gun range? 

It was their joke...

However, for people who want German ships to be buffed, it was absolutely inappropriate :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[4RSE]
168 posts
4,753 battles

That gun range joke was hilarious, I had to wipe coffee off my monitor as a result. 

523 posts
6,256 battles

@Paladinum Sharkbait-ripoff had a thread on how to buff German sheep instead of ships.

I told him to get more grass for the sheep to eat:cap_haloween:

4,204 posts
8,055 battles
2 hours ago, TD1 said:

@Paladinum Sharkbait-ripoff had a thread on how to buff German sheep instead of ships.

I told him to get more grass for the sheep to eat:cap_haloween:

That guy's thread doesn't even contain any suggestion of his own. A click-bait poll thread that directs toward only one problem and nothing about the myriad of other problems with the German tech tree ships.

Edited by Paladinum

[-ISO-]
997 posts
6,121 battles
22 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I've ever watched a stream quite a while ago and Sub_Octavian said that it is very unlikely for WG to buff German ships. The reason for that is because one of their best German BB player stated that it's not necessary to buff the German BBs yet. IMO, looking at the line's flaw is quite hard when you already master it. What if you don't? Maybe you'll see that German BBs have so many problems that has to be fixed. I hope this year WG will buff them, but I won't expect much about it. The recent patches shows German BBs receives so small buffs.

• Cool 1

4,204 posts
8,055 battles
13 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

The reason for that is because one of their best German BB player stated that it's not necessary to buff the German BBs yet. IMO, looking at the line's flaw is quite hard when you already master it. What if you don't?

Yes... As a potato I'm confident with my power to recognize whether I need to learn to play the ship or the ship needs some buffs :Smile_hiding:

I've played enough matches in German ships to know that they need buffs. Both sheet stats and in-game experience.

[MRI]
3,046 posts
13,989 battles

The Germans have been power-creeped imo.

German BBs? Russian BBs are way better at close engagements and have better survivability to boot, while the French have good Secondaries too. Even the US BBs are starting to intrude in the Secondaries game with the Massa and Georgia.

German cruisers are a bit more tanky than others but that is moot now that supercruisers are a thing.

German DDs with their Hydro are still quite powerful and bullying DDs out of cap, but that role can also be done by a CV. Plus the amount of radar nowadays really limits the opportunity to do that. Their torps reload fast but that is about it.

• Cool 1

[SPCTH]
390 posts
8,259 battles

When you see a German ship your like here we go easy target.........They pretty much have .........NOTHING to contribute or reason to sail the seas. Im actually climbing the German BB line now at T6 and its terrible already.  German BBs facing other BBs is like being in an Atlanta and being uptiered to face an Alaska.

4,204 posts
8,055 battles

Some other issues with German tech tree ships: 

+ What's up with GK's deserted and empty bow and aft deck areas? The ship has decent AA, but isn't it just logical to have some AA mounts in those areas?

+ What's up with Hipper, Roon and Hinden's long AA range? It should be at least 5,6 km. WG talked about it, and their reason of 'historical' is BS.

+ Roon's twin 150 mm turret superfiring the forward turret makes me feel... uncomfortable. And the single 150 mm turrets are as illogical as it gets for a design that is supposed to succeed Hipper-class. It should be all twin 105 mm DP turrets.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

[TLS]
3,496 posts
19,113 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

+ What's up with GK's deserted and empty bow and aft deck areas? The ship has decent AA, but isn't it just logical to have some AA mounts in those areas?

+ What's up with Hipper, Roon and Hinden's long AA range? It should be at least 5,5 km. WG talked about it, and their reason of 'historical' is BS.

+ Roon's twin 150 mm turret superfiring the forward turret makes me feel... uncomfortable. And the single 150 mm turrets are as illogical as it gets for a design that is supposed to succeed Hipper-class. It should be all twin 105 mm DP turrets.

Before I run off to Age of Empires II for a while:

- For BBQ parties. Not yours. Enemies'

- 'Historical BS'. If they were so concerned about historical bs, there wouldn't be any soviet bb lines, montana and a hell lot of other ships. Also, there wouldn't be any nerfing so a ship would fit in a tier. And let's not even talk about the CV nerfs that exist to make 'the game more balanced' Dear WG, stop giving this BS excuse. Find better excuse.

- See 'Historical BS' above. Roon should not exist. >_>

4,204 posts
8,055 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Before I run off to Age of Empires II for a while:

- For BBQ parties. Not yours. Enemies'

- 'Historical BS'. If they were so concerned about historical bs, there wouldn't be any soviet bb lines, montana and a hell lot of other ships. Also, there wouldn't be any nerfing so a ship would fit in a tier. And let's not even talk about the CV nerfs that exist to make 'the game more balanced' Dear WG, stop giving this BS excuse. Find better excuse.

- See 'Historical BS' above. Roon should not exist. >_>

If they use 'balans' as the excuse, well, it is a crappy an excuse, if not a worse one in this situation :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Paladinum

1,115 posts
4,715 battles
5 hours ago, Paladinum said:

+ What's up with Hipper, Roon and Hinden's long AA range? It should be at least 5,6 km. WG talked about it, and their reason of 'historical' is BS.

Yes, the design of Roon is indeed illogical for a cruiser designed in late 1930s from naval architecture perspective. Even Wargaming themselves are well aware of that. It reminds me of the armoured cruisers that pre-dated HMS Dreadnought.

A possible explaination is that the inclusion of 150-mm secondary batteries is borrowed from Panzerschiffe projects which provided some inspiration for the fictional design.

4,204 posts
8,055 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

Yes, the design of Roon is indeed illogical for a cruiser designed in late 1930s from naval architecture perspective. Even Wargaming themselves are well aware of that. It reminds me of the armoured cruisers that pre-dated HMS Dreadnought.

A possible explaination is that the inclusion of 150-mm secondary batteries is borrowed from Panzerschiffe projects which provided some inspiration for the fictional design.

Well they'd better revise the design because those 150 mm are wholly impractical on a 8-inch gun cruiser. Especially that twin turret. It's weird for Hipper and Hinden to have only 105 mm DP turrets, and the ship between them has 150 mm because reasons.

Also, minor nitpicking, for GK, the secondary suite should be all twin 128 mm DP turrets. Not that WG should replace the 150 mm with 128 mm, but just saying.

Sign in to follow this