You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

PC questions

9 comments in this topic

[IDK]
90 posts
2,926 battles

Okay, so my laptop is dead and I only have my phone. So there’s 2 things I can do

1-sit around and go ‘hmm, would be nice to have a pc’

or 2- get help on good but relatively cheap parts (1080ti is something I’d like to get within my rig)

yeah, I have basic pc knowledge, but enough to get me started. It would be great to get some help from pc experts to see which is cheaper, is it worth it, etc. 

so I have a few questions

1- is it cheaper to buy everything separately? Or pre assembled

2- for a game like wows, how good are your specs and how well does it run?

3- I’m hoping for a 1,500+ price range (AUD) so is it worth it? Will it last? 

4- is there a way I can make some ez cash from streaming? Fellow streamers, tell me your story to fame xD

Thank you all if you can help 😉

[-CAT-]
1,317 posts
9,601 battles

Building your own PC is the much preferred PC. Its like assembling a lego set. You can swap parts if you think your PC requires better equipment for your needs.

Your OS will have less bloatware compared to pre-assembled PC. And you can choose if you want to run M$ Win 10 or Linux as your OS. (For now running M$ Win 10 to play WOWS is the preferred build.)

Price points will depend on the parts.

IMO, 1070 or 1070 Ti is enough to do the job (I use 1070). 1060 is the absolute minimum I could recommend. 20 series is still too expensive.

Also, do you plan to overclock the CPU or leave it as is? Non-overclock CPU will be cheaper the Overclock-able.

Asuming you already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse and speaker, you can get a decent PC for 1,500 AUD with some change to spare. You can buy the other parts at a later date when you have the cash.

Question now is Intel or AMD?  HDD or SSD?

CPU
GPU
RAM
Mobo
Cooler (optional)
PSU
HDD / SSD
Case
headphone with Mic (for streaming)

Note: m.2 SSD are expensive. If you want to play and store your streamed videos, use SSD as your OS, Programs and Apps, while your HDD as storage.

I have no experience in streaming. CC's please help input.

I think you may need a bit higher HW spec if needed to stream? I hope I'm wrong.

Dont hesitate to ask if some acronyms or technology are confusing to you. 🙂

Edited by S0und_Theif

[KOOKA]
[KOOKA]
142 posts
9,916 battles

For $1500 aus dollars u can build a computer that will run this game fine. 

Intel Cpu would be the best bet. 

Ram make sure u get the right one for the motherboard u buy.

Asus is good motherboards. Everyone is different.

HDD / SSD Western Digital is what I use. As stated below is what I do as most do.

1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Note: m.2 SSD are expensive. If you want to play and store your streamed videos, use SSD as your OS, Programs and Apps, while your HDD as storage

Headphones with mic are cheap second hand & u can find some good ones.  Cash converters have cheap headphone, check their web page. 

The bottom line is for $1500 u can build a good system with a good PCI express video card, ram, Power SP with good Watts, CPU, motherboard, Case & a good size Screen or 2.

Good luck hope u get what u want.

• Cool 1

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

I saw a PC on FB the other night for about $300 that would run boats no problems. IIRC it was i5 4590 & 1070 & Windows 10 Pro on an SSD. I would consider looking around for similar deals.

[SALT]
1,888 posts
10,504 battles

You can go to pcpartpicker.com.

Browse Completed Build according to your Price range or preference, that have high Upvote, and/or Featured (that means that the particular build is stable, cost effective, COOL, or Top shelf)

You can also seek more "Standard" non fancy build in Guides section. there no fancy glow cooler, or neon light. its all entry level or Budget Rig

you can straight copy the spec, and your build will be guarantee stable - no bottlenecking - thortling or error somewhere (if no part have factory defect)

Check your local retailer, for price adjustment. and order it if you are ready.

If you buy all the parts from Specialized computer store, you can ask them to Assemble them for you just by adding a Fee - as they usualy also offer such a service if you buy parts from them (the store charge like $10 but I give another $10 for tip)

If you buy pre-asemble it usualy much more expensive, or the spec dont suit your need (like Price, case, some unneeded stuff, also most important -> Weak Power supply). Pre assemble Rig usualy cut budget somewhere and blind you with GTX bla2, with XXXX RAM, but belive me Power Supply is Super important

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 1

[G_R]
407 posts
17,218 battles

A 1080ti even second hand will soak up at least half your 1500 you'd have to be dead lucky to score one under $700. Warships will run fine on a $400 machine. Dont know about streaming I dont do that. I just built a 6th/7th gen for the son in law for about $1200 including a 27" monitor mostly new parts.

[AN-DO]
626 posts
9,307 battles
1 hour ago, Grimnar42 said:

A 1080ti even second hand will soak up at least half your 1500 you'd have to be dead lucky to score one under $700. Warships will run fine on a $400 machine. Dont know about streaming I dont do that. I just built a 6th/7th gen for the son in law for about $1200 including a 27" monitor mostly new parts.

Yea, I run a strix1060 and that is easily enough to run the game.

[-BRO-]
499 posts
11,491 battles

I got a new Ryzen based machine earlier this year with a GTX1050 Ti and it runs everything fine on maximum settings.

If you buy reasonably modern parts that are about middle range you'll easily get a decent PC that will do the job quite well. High end gear (as in performance) has a premium price and is often less reliable in the long term.

[TWR]
1,278 posts
4,784 battles
6 hours ago, Sparcie said:

I got a new Ryzen based machine earlier this year with a GTX1050 Ti and it runs everything fine on maximum settings.

If you buy reasonably modern parts that are about middle range you'll easily get a decent PC that will do the job quite well. High end gear (as in performance) has a premium price and is often less reliable in the long term.

Good advice.This game shouldn't need an expensive modern set up to run.

My computer is from 2011 with a Intel i7-2700k and 16 GB ram and 2 x 1TB HDD.Was running an Nvidia 580 GTX from that time till last year when it died and I replaced it with an Nvidia 1060 GTX 3GB.

Before and after the video card change I am able to run with most setting on high at 1900 x 1200 on my old monitor,and at 2560 x 1080 on my new monitor.FPS rarely dips below 82,and even then seem to be more ping/lag issues than system ones.