middleground

Has anyone ever destroyed a torpedo ingame?

31 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I Have...

With my hull:trollface:

I have, with someone else's Hull :^) 

rammed a teammate and pushed him to take all the torps, he will be forever be remembered~ o7

@topic: nope, you can't shoot them.. or rather, they don't explode when shot at~

Edited by ragster

Beta Tester
404 posts
91 battles

he will be forever be remembered~ o7

(ο´ω`ο)ゝ May his sacrifice be remembered

EDIT: also i have shot at them before but not luck so i gave up

Edited by UQ_ShinobuOshino

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

rammed a teammate and pushed him to take all the torps, he will be forever be remembered~ o7

@topic: nope, you can't shoot them.. or rather, they don't explode when shot at~

You will be remembered (by him) as well for letting him take the shot fro you. :teethhappy:

Super Tester
1,677 posts

I was thinking interceptors/fighters to actually be able to do that but I don't know if the secondary batteries can go down low enough to shoot water.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Tried, fail, plus side, found that if you get within X distance from when they drop, they are null'ified (as in do 0 damage); all though the AI still does damage.

Alpha Tester
416 posts
17 battles

Pretty sure that Torpedoes are classed the same as shells, i.e. there just a model that flies through the arena, they don't have hp or a hit box, just a collision model for when they hit a ship. 

Or something like that lololol

Beta Tester
30 posts
1,502 battles

I remember seeing that on the commander skills, must be secondary armament then.

LOL!! seriously did that? talk about an unwilling shield :teethhappy:

so, no torpedo interception even with destroyers huh :(

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I remember seeing that on the commander skills, must be secondary armament then.

LOL!! seriously did that? talk about an unwilling shield :teethhappy:

so, no torpedo interception even with destroyers huh :(

you can intercept a torpedo with a DD (hull) - it will hurt but it will work ;)

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

you can intercept a torpedo with a DD (hull) - it will hurt but it will work ;)

it will hurt but it will work ;)

78387_dis_gon_b_gud_meme_G1_Ya.jpg

Beta Tester
38 posts
1,057 battles

It would be cool if there was a chance for anti-torp secondaries to take out one or two from a spread before they hit you. The tooltip for one of the skills mentions the existence of anti-torp weapons.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

It would be cool if there was a chance for anti-torp secondaries to take out one or two from a spread before they hit you. The tooltip for one of the skills mentions the existence of anti-torp weapons.

Historically, secondary armaments could be used as extreme last-ditch defenses against torpedoes.

In-game, the tooltip is a mistranslation. It's supposed to read anti-torpedo boat (or possible anti-torpedo boat destroyer). The secondary armaments don't target torpedoes. At all.

Beta Tester
38 posts
1,057 battles

Historically, secondary armaments could be used as extreme last-ditch defenses against torpedoes.

In-game, the tooltip is a mistranslation. It's supposed to read anti-torpedo boat (or possible anti-torpedo boat destroyer). The secondary armaments don't target torpedoes. At all.

I know they don't target torps as yet. Didn't know the tooltip was a mistranslation though. Was just saying that if ships did have weapons that could be used as a last resort against torps then it would be nice if they did that ingame.