Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pimpcat

Research Bureau Points not working.

17 comments in this topic

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles

I reset numerous ship trees and all it did was sell everything from those trees and not credit me with any Research Points at all...

[GOA]
56 posts
20,714 battles

you dont get the points UNTIL you regrind the ships. You get a small amount of points for each tier from t6 upwards but the majority are awarded only once you get back to t10. 

[-SG-]
[-SG-]
2 posts
9,318 battles

same.

i have reset 3 lines, and still got only 10k point. if i remember corectly, WG said that the first line will be rewarded 20k. So confuse ??!!!

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles
34 minutes ago, Riddyck said:

you dont get the points UNTIL you regrind the ships. You get a small amount of points for each tier from t6 upwards but the majority are awarded only once you get back to t10. 

That's bs on their part if it's true.

[GOA]
56 posts
20,714 battles
1 minute ago, Leohardt said:

same.

i have reset 3 lines, and still got only 10k point. if i remember corectly, WG said that the first line will be rewarded 20k. So confuse ??!!!

yes BUT only as youre regrinding the lines NOT when you actually reset. WG did explain this in the patch notes and news feeds. 

[GOA]
56 posts
20,714 battles
1 minute ago, Pimpcat said:

That's bs on their part if it's true.

WG did explain this in the patch notes and news feeds. 

Edited by Riddyck

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles
6 minutes ago, Riddyck said:

WG did explain this in the patch notes and news feeds. 

Kind of like fine print. They should've explained it on the actual tool tip in game, instead there's nothing. It only says you get points for resetting. I did that. It didn't give me the points. Hence the complaining. Telling me to regrind the tree again after I already did it is really messed up.

[GOA]
56 posts
20,714 battles

WG did explain in their patch notes etc that you needed to regrind in order to get the points. Maybe it wasnt as clear cut and defined as it should have been but it was there if you read all the notes about it carefully.

As a personal opinion, RB is not for the average player. Its design and concept appears to be for the whale accounts, those with a tonne of time or a tonne of money to regrind or convert XP. To get the Coulbert you need to regrind at least 4 lines (inc the original bonus + dbl points for the first line reset.) To get the Ohio you need to regrind 5 lines (inc the original bonus + dbl points for the first line reset.) As a player you need to decide if its worth it given the av time it takes to grind a line out. Personally i reset 14 lines but then thats me.. atm i do have the time to regrind them and tbh my port is also full of prem boats so i dont miss my tech tree lines to much. Ive done 2 already and am just about finished lines 3 and 4.

Edited by Riddyck

[PIMPN]
33 posts
1,842 battles
5 minutes ago, Riddyck said:

WG did explain in their patch notes etc that you needed to regrind in order to get the points. Maybe it wasnt as clear cut and defined as it should have been but it was there if you read all the notes about it carefully.

As a personal opinion, RB is not for the average player. Its design and concept appears to be for the whale accounts, those with a tonne of time or a tonne of money to regrind or convert XP. To get the Coulbert you need to regrind at least 4 lines (inc the original bonus + dbl points for the first line reset.) To get the Ohio you need to regrind 5 lines (inc the original bonus + dbl points for the first line reset.) As a player you need to decide if its worth it given the av time it takes to grind a line out. Personally i reset 14 lines but then thats me.. atm i do have the time to regrind them and tbh my port is also full of prem boats so i dont miss my tech tree lines to much. Ive done 2 already and am just about finished lines 3 and 4.

My account is one of those accounts.

[KOREA]
Moderator, Community Contributor, Super Tester_
762 posts
7,804 battles

You need regrind them and get a win with them after reset

image.png.786fbcc8d3904f941b3bd1ded4b6a4e0.png

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,502 posts
12,350 battles
1 hour ago, Leohardt said:

the first line you reset,

when you reached each tier starting from t6, you get 2x of the research point

You MUST get to t10 which grants you 6000 research points, 2x of it will be 12000

which that makes up most of the 20k point confusion

Below is the point system

Spoiler

500 for the first victory on a Tier VI ship

500 for the first victory on a Tier VII ship

1,500 for the first victory on a Tier VIII ship

1,500 for the first victory on a Tier IX ship

6,000 for the first victory on a Tier X ship

Edited by Gummilicious

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles

What fine print... It was explained so clearly that there was majority opposition towards this rubbish burnheap.

[KAMI]
1,502 posts
12,350 battles
6 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

What fine print... It was explained so clearly that there was majority opposition towards this rubbish burnheap.

probably one of those people that dont have the "time" to read updates or dont come forum often 🙄

[FORCE]
2,179 posts
11,597 battles
8 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

probably one of those people that dont have the "time" to read updates or dont come forum often 🙄

This is exactly what's wrong with the average playerbase in general. Most of them never bother to look for the more detailed info about anything in the game other than the raw info they get to find in the game client.

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
19 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

This is exactly what's wrong with the average playerbase in general. Most of them never bother to look for the more detailed info about anything in the game other than the raw info they get to find in the game client.

Well, to be honest, this rubbish was a whole heap more complicated than could be fitted in game to explain how, why, maybe, what, etc it worked and most people won't click external virus laden links. You practically have to trawl through the information worksheet elsewhere to learn what it actually did. 

That said, that is not an excuse if people want to click that button. 

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
2,179 posts
11,597 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Well, to be honest, this rubbish was a whole heap more complicated than could be fitted in game to explain how, why, maybe, what, etc it worked and most people won't click external virus laden links. You practically have to trawl through the information worksheet elsewhere to learn what it actually did. 

That said, that is not an excuse if people want to click that button. 

I was initially in the grey area about this awful feature until I figured out the entire "repopulate low & mid tier" turned out to be a nonsense. Like seriously...

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles
14 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

I was initially in the grey area about this awful feature until I figured out the entire "repopulate low & mid tier" turned out to be a nonsense. Like seriously...

Unfortunately I belong to that group that "has huge amounts of xp sitting on ships and consumables lying all over the place and how tedious and unfun it is to play certain ships" that this rubbish was supposed to "cater to". When you work that hard to end up at T10 and are asked to "work 6 times harder again" to get some crap, you know that there is a big lie in their words. I let the masochists among our community enjoy their M, but personally, I am schadenfreude, not masochist.

Sign in to follow this