You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Brunswickz

SEA server level of compentency?

45 comments in this topic

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

Long ive not visited the forum.

What's with the change of heart?

I mean it generally accepted SEA server was the worst. Theres even "deniers" tag for who didn't believe.

Kinda missed those rant threads.

fyi, i has been here for a long time. With ID Zwelivelle.

If your answer, because theres a drastic change because of something. I want to hear where it began or maybe another gossip worth to talk.

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,095 posts
20,361 battles
3 hours ago, Brunswickz said:

I mean it generally accepted SEA server was the worst. 

"Worst" as in worst to play in due to the slower pace of the game on SEA since less players charge to their deaths or broadaide continuously. 

Definitely notnthe "worst" in terms of individual player skill. Newbies on SEA can angle, dodge torpedoes, and blind fire into smoke. The same players on NA dont even know what smoke is. 

Most NA/EU self-proclaimed unicums cant stand SEA because...well because in SEA they would not be considered unicums. 

Edited by LordTyphoon
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 4

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

"Worst" as in worst to play in due to the slower of the game on SEA since less players charge to their deaths or broadaide continuously. 

Definitely notnthe "worst" in terms of individual player skill. 

Most NA/EU self-proclaimed unicums cant stand SEA because...well because in SEA they would not be considered unicums. 

Haha, i see

[151ST]
2,338 posts
9,863 battles

Yeah it's super easy on other servers comparatively, the difficulties on Asia are not just skill based (or damage farming, depending on how you view it) it's also the language barrier and a far more 'solo' mentality.

Still no way in hell am I re-rolling...

I wouldn't give up my ARPs or Kamikaze R for anything...

• Cool 2

4,499 posts
8,614 battles

Asia server

Player competency: unexpectedly high

Tactical/teamwork instability: expectedly high

Number of bot players: expectedly high

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 4

[FORCE]
2,191 posts
11,654 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

"Worst" as in worst to play in due to the slower of the game on SEA since less players charge to their deaths or broadaide continuously. 

Definitely notnthe "worst" in terms of individual player skill. 

Yup those unicums might have been able to pull off those epic carry moments in their own turf. But try to pull off the same thing here, and they would be dead in few salvos.

One of my recent game in PT server got me to pull off a very unexpected carry in 1 vs 3 scenario. A Buffalo decided to give full broadside until he died, A Shima failed to torp me from 5km away, and an Asashio apparently forgot something about his torps. And I was playing Hindenburg, the ship that gets deleted much faster than a radar Mino in open water here.

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles

Asia server, where you are either good or bad. No in between. Both the best and worst at the same time.

• Cool 3

[TDA]
Super Tester_
426 posts
10,312 battles

Only ever spent a couple of hundered battles on NA and i just found that a lot of the players like to sit in their Battleships broadside firing out democracy and freedom without spacial awarness or perception of whats around them. It would be an Assasio's wet dream. It's a very "kill all", rather than tactical mentality.

SEA is slower in pace which means you have to be more aware (especially when the enemy has a good division) of the mini map and last known locations before blindly sailing in and getting caught with your pants down... which does happen by less skilled or players new to the game.

All servers will have good and bad players, some luckier than others that can carry for a win etc.

[BOTES]
116 posts
4,110 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

But overall higher average WR than NA and maybe other servers

Is that even mathematically possible. Server winrate is a flat 50% once you include terminated/closed accounts.

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles
30 minutes ago, Seabad said:

Is that even mathematically possible. Server winrate is a flat 50% once you include terminated/closed accounts.

Think he meant median winrate, which would indicate the winrate of the average player.

• Cool 1

541 posts
6,731 battles

If SEA only has good or bad, no average, I don't know where my 51% falls into then :cap_haloween:

[EE09]
87 posts
732 battles
6 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

"Worst" as in worst to play in due to the slower pace of the game on SEA since less players charge to their deaths or broadaide continuously. 

Definitely notnthe "worst" in terms of individual player skill. Newbies on SEA can angle, dodge torpedoes, and blind fire into smoke. The same players on NA dont even know what smoke is. 

Level of savage: ASIAN

1,160 posts
11,077 battles

Instead we get full HP BB's having coffee with the CV at A1 on the map.

Certainly know how to torp from behind team mates or sit in cap hiding in smoke waiting to catch an enemy torp with their face.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,319 posts
26,012 battles
4 hours ago, Seabad said:

WG said officially once said that the player median WR is at 48%

think of it this way, a stereotypical sub 50% WR bad player, the kind that makes up 80% of the wows player-base might play about 1/3 as much as someone who has played a lot and is "good" at the game with 50%+ WR. so what you've got is overall a bad playerbase playing fewer games but makeing up a larger portion of the statistic 

and let's not forget the unicum divs that leeches WR from everyone out there

• Cool 1

[LNA]
2,023 posts
13,245 battles

Well , if anything players on this server learn how not 2 die 101 quite fast. Some in less than desirable way.

You are not gonna get that 100k hallmark if you are dead 3 minutes into the game.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,544 posts
5,474 battles

Asia : Language Barrier, Dumb players , RoBOTS , Salty , Elitist.. You named it.

4,499 posts
8,614 battles
4 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Asia : Language Barrier, Dumb players , RoBOTS , Salty , Elitist.. You named it.

Agree, but NA do salt and elitism so much better though.

Edited by Paladinum

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,201 posts
8,208 battles

A server is only as good as it's players..

'Show me the boy, and I'll show you the man'.

Spoiler

How the U.S. compares on science, math and reading scores

[KAMI]
1,503 posts
12,398 battles
28 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

A server is only as good as it's players..

'Show me the boy, and I'll show you the man'.

Reveal hidden contents

How the U.S. compares on science, math and reading scores

funny how singapore was first

Edited by Gummilicious
  • Cool 1

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

I have a theory what if you played first handful of games at a new server, MM will give you easy enemies.

Like this,

Flamu tried at SEA, he said, "so easy". Certainly the red team look very easy. This also true for his early videos at RU server.

Flambass, he even played with BOTs and got kraken 😁. Not player's bots but the game's.

My ID Zwelivelle, 10 wins out of 10 battles.

Most of PTS battles.

Coincidence?

It is not like MM data collector has the history of our games yet. MM think us as average; and then put us with average players or maybe even newbies.

Kamanah had a couple hundreds at NA, i think it is legit enough

I'm talking about the probability of our view being biased just because trying a few battles.

[SALT]
2,016 posts
10,542 battles
1 hour ago, Brunswickz said:

I have a theory what if you played first handful of games at a new server, MM will give you easy enemies.

Nah I have old NA account with around 1000+ battle (with 2 T10). NA is way easier despite I must play with 300+ ping 

But its true that MM gib frustating Matchmaking. If you have Matchmaking monitor you can see how horrible the odds stacked against you - and they always - always - always come in Streak

I just stop playing, and log in another time when the randomized "seed" was reseted. though sometimes it persist until 2 days or something - especialy if you dont rotate your played class for whatever reason

[MRI]
3,441 posts
14,839 battles

Or it could be that if you are starting at a new server, you are probably grinding up the lines again. Therefore you are going up against completely new players still learning how to play the game. In other words, you are seal-clubbing.

It is not like MM data collector has the history of our games yet. MM think us as average; and then put us with average players or maybe even newbies.

WoWs has no skill-based MM, nor does it rig games, despite of what the conspiracy theorists say. It does have some protection where newbies with less than 100 games or so cannot play with veteran players, but that is about it.

• Cool 2

[SPCTH]
390 posts
9,036 battles

You have a small minority of really good players, then you have some average players and the bulk of them are pretty darn not very good or way toooo casual.

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Or it could be that if you are starting at a new server, you are probably grinding up the lines again. Therefore you are going up against completely new players still learning how to play the game. In other words, you are seal-clubbing.

WoWs has no skill-based MM, nor does it rig games, despite of what the conspiracy theorists say. It does have some protection where newbies with less than 100 games or so cannot play with veteran players, but that is about it.

I'm not sealclubbing, it just the forum requirement thing. I used to post with Zwelivelle until the forum asked certain requirements.

I've finished with 10 game play, but it came again. Give up, so i used main ID instead.

I see, i thought it carry the "spreadsheet".

There was a hot debate over it at the past years.

I'm just reading haha.