You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puggsley

DD Streamers

12 comments in this topic

[ANZAF]
376 posts
5,539 battles

I'm interested in developing my DD play and was looking for some resources to help. 

Anyone know of good DD heavy streamers?

Thanks

• Funny 1

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

Notser claimed he is DD main. While im not saying he is the best, he has calming voice to listen to.

Flamu is good with any surface ships. Although it is kinda rare to see him with DD. His WASD hax video is a must to see.

Aeroon is good with torpedo prediction although i think he never teach about it except at his first videos.

Flambass, he is a good player but he rarely teach people. I would say his torpedo beating skill is one of the best.

iChase has a video about the technique of blind firing torpedo. Calculating the torpedo speed, and the enemy whereabout during the time of impact.

For a good teacher and player, i think Flamu Aeroon, and iChase are the best. But if you can learn just by seeing a good player playing, i would include Flambass.

Yuro videos are fun, yes, he made informative videos as well. But not as frequent.

It isn't like a single person is enough for you when it comes to learning.

[REPOI]
Super Tester_
1,095 posts
20,361 battles
14 minutes ago, Brunswickz said:

Notser claimed he is DD main. While im not saying he is the best, he has calming voice to listen to.

No. 

If Notser played DDs on SEA he would get waxed every game. He can get away with so much of the stuff he does because he is on NA. Do not watch Notser. 

Unfortunately there are no streamers who coach DD play directly. 

Best advice is to find and watch Flambass' videos, especially the ones with Gearing (pre-buff of 16.5km torpedoes). 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,543 posts
40,015 battles

Best advice is to find and watch Flambass' videos, especially the ones with Gearing (pre-buff of 16.5km torpedoes). 

YueYang Gearing Z-52 << he does the best, the rest he does quite OK

but Mogador Kleber >> Flamuu chan

[STEIN]
128 posts
10,699 battles

@LordTyphoon

Im not saying he is the best ?

But some people, demeanor is someone could easily accept. And start learning.

There are even worse streamer out there than Notser.

This was my verdict tho;

"For a good teacher and player, i think Flamu Aeroon, and iChase are the best. But if you can learn just by seeing a good player playing, i would include Flambass."

Edited by Brunswickz
  • Cool 1

[MRI]
3,433 posts
14,795 battles

While he is not a streamer, I recommend searching Destroyer KuroshioKai on Youtube.

He mostly plays DDs though his videos lean very heavily on the educational side rather than entertainment. Like he will often pause the replay to talk about his thought process in the match and point out the small but important details that most would have otherwise missed.

2 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

If Notser played DDs on SEA he would get waxed every game. He can get away with so much of the stuff he does because he is on NA. Do not watch Notser.

To be fair though, the same applies to the others as well since they almost never play on SEA. They are able to pull of nonsense they wouldn't have been able to had they been playing on SEA.

Edited by Thyaliad
  • Cool 1

[SEARN]
1,028 posts
15,638 battles
8 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

While he is not a streamer, I recommend searching Destroyer KuroshioKai on Youtube.

He mostly plays DDs though his videos lean very heavily on the educational side rather than entertainment. Like he will often pause the replay to talk about his thought process in the match and point out the small but important details that most would have otherwise missed.

I like watching vids like that as I learn something. Knowing what I have done wrong and what I actually should have done, and paid attention to in that same situation is what makes you a better player. When you stop wanting to learn and think you know it all you stop improving. 

I like watching wows vids for fun and laughs, but I do appreciate players who explain why they did what they did at that moment and their thought process behind it. Flambass and Flamu do this quite a bit too, in most of the vids I have watched anyway.

Edited by HobartAWD
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
3,924 posts
19,932 battles

The best way honestly is to practice, practice, practice, and practice (like a musical instrument). You need to know your ship inside out to get the best of them. To be frank, I stopped watching videos on youtube as there is nothing I can gain from them that I cannot gain from just practicing and knowing my ship. I only sparingly watch for either I) ship performance as I decide on the ship suitability for me and II) advanced techniques like slingshot. 

PS:

Also, it would be interesting to see how the NA streamers would fare against the very best Server Asia have to offer. 10 to 1 Asia would decimate them before they know it.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1

1,160 posts
11,077 battles
8 hours ago, Puggsley said:

I'm interested in developing my DD play and was looking for some resources to help. 

Anyone know of good DD heavy streamers?

Thanks

Div with your clans best DD players.

[FORCE]
2,179 posts
11,597 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

To be fair though, the same applies to the others as well since they almost never play on SEA. They are able to pull of nonsense they wouldn't have been able to had they been playing on SEA.

Yup if we pay more attention to their videos, some of the "carry" moments are impossible to pull off on Asia because we would most likely die, especially on DDs. Asia might seem full of "uneducated" players. But the other servers have an unsurprisingly high amount of broadsiders.

[ANZAF]
376 posts
5,539 battles

Thanks guys, I do play a lot of DD, but i also like that aha moment you often get faster by learning from others. The different perspective is a great teaching tool.

And great high damage games are often some of the worst ways of learning, they rely heavily on luck while run of the mill games often offer much better education.