You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Desert_Fox_2014

General personal advice for your coal and FXP purchases.

6 comments in this topic

[TENGO]
34 posts

This is my personal opinion for using your coal and FXP uses. Some people says 1M FXP can buy 3-4 stock ship and they are right. The only thing I don't like playing stock IX -X ship  is most of time you gain little or lost much credit due to high post credits charges unless you have premium time. Most of the premium ship normally have 50% less post charges but you need many doubloon to buy it. In term of coal and FXP these are consider you earn it without paying anything. My advice is better to  use use these two to only buy tier IX-X ship. The lower than tier X ship and flags are a waste of your hard earn coal. I hardly play lower than tier V ship after getting a higher than tier V ship. Most combat or mission is only for tier V above. I only keep the free premium lower than tier V and sell off all stock ship to free up the ship slot ( ship slot cost 300 doubloon).

[KMS-A]
224 posts
5,476 battles
41 minutes ago, Desert_Fox_2014 said:

This is my personal opinion for using your coal and FXP uses. Some people says 1M FXP can buy 3-4 stock ship and they are right. The only thing I don't like playing stock IX -X ship  is most of time you gain little or lost much credit due to high post credits charges unless you have premium time. Most of the premium ship normally have 50% less post charges but you need many doubloon to buy it. In term of coal and FXP these are consider you earn it without paying anything. My advice is better to  use use these two to only buy tier IX-X ship. The lower than tier X ship and flags are a waste of your hard earn coal. I hardly play lower than tier V ship after getting a higher than tier V ship. Most combat or mission is only for tier V above. I only keep the free premium lower than tier V and sell off all stock ship to free up the ship slot ( ship slot cost 300 doubloon).

I’d say agree with the exception that T7 premium ships also good as they can do Narai

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,154 posts
10,329 battles

And it's thinking like this, and WG catering to it, that has clogged the MM with T9-10 freemium ships.

If you want to play T9-10, and if you don't want to buy premium camo for your T9-10 tech tree ships, then you are not wrong: exchanging coal and FXP for T9-10 freemiums is the way too go. With the generous way these rewards are given out, long time players typically have far more FXP and coal than they can realistically spend on anything other than freemium ships. 

This is a real problem for the game, in my opinion.

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles

*cough*cough*Repopulatelowertiers*cough*cough*

With the coughing out of the way:

If you can, premium account is always the #1 thing you should spend on because it applies to EVERY ship you own. At least a 6 month account, or if you are really short on money, 3 months is the unrecommended minimum. Then spend doubloons on camo for T10/9 ships that you play well in. Spending doubloons on flags is a waste. You want to spend money to be able to generate more money (credits) rather than keep it in something that is not liquid (ships). The only thing doubloons are good for is converting to fxp on sales time. 

That is why I do not have an Azuma because it offers practically zero advantage over an Alaska or Kronstadht. Even those two I rarely play. Then lets not even talk about the junk t6/7/8 ships that I get out of the supercontainers. You buy a ship because it fits your playstyle. That is why all USN BBs below T8 are garbage and need turbochargers (how ironic it is that Americans love muscle cars but cannot be bothered putting superchargers in their muscle ships.)

[FORCE]
2,198 posts
11,670 battles
5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

That is why all USN BBs below T8 are garbage and need turbochargers (how ironic it is that Americans love muscle cars but cannot be bothered putting superchargers in their muscle ships.)

Colorado is somewhat better after some buffs though. And I think they put all superchargers on Iowa. I mean Iowa is still the actual fastest BB in the game (not counting the false stats from engine boost from the Bugatti).

[TLS]
3,931 posts
19,971 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Feather said:

Colorado is somewhat better after some buffs though. And I think they put all superchargers on Iowa. I mean Iowa is still the actual fastest BB in the game (not counting the false stats from engine boost from the Bugatti).

That is why I like my Mo. You can keep up with your cruisers and provide them the tanking and spearhead for them to work their role. It's because of the Mo that my USN BB line has languished for ages. Now if I can get past NC which isn't too bad so far.