You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
benmarian

tips on British battleships

8 comments in this topic

[BLCT]
1 post
1,842 battles

so I'm trying my hand at British BB and I still don't what the heck am I doing. okay, that part was a bit of a lie because I'm on tier 6 and have a 8 point captain with preventative maintenance, expert marksmen and superintendent. any tips?  

Edited by benmarian

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles

might want to edit the **** before mods give you a warning. :Smile_hiding:

my own personal rule is I don't play in random until captain is at least 10 points ... to get that all important 4th row, be it CE, FP, RL or AFT. and some ships not until they are 14 points.

Edited by Otago_F111
  • Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,368 posts
11,808 battles

Stay in range, spam HE

You need to get Fire Prevention because you a floating teabag or concealment expert for disengagement

Edited by Gummilicious

729 posts
19,634 battles

Use AP on your tier VI but the rest do better with HE, for the most part. I’d recommend taking Expert Loader as you will get opportunities to take good AP shots because people just assume you’re locked into using HE.

It probably goes without saying, but angling is still important, too.

[LGND]
437 posts
11,498 battles

T 6 : use your AP and HE depends situation.... vs cruiser use AP
T7 : your HE more superior than your AP, but still use AP when facing cruiser unless you facing high tier USN CA or German CA
T8: same like T6 but now you need careful when positioning yourself...
T9 and T10 : use HE more often and as always careful your positioning...

[CLAY]
2,295 posts
11,076 battles
5 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

might want to edit the **** before mods give you a warning. :Smile_hiding:

my own personal rule is I don't play in random until captain is at least 10 points ... to get that all important 4th row, be it CE, FP, RL or AFT. and some ships not until they are 14 points.

May want to be careful too. I got a warning for only asterixing part of the word. Something about bypassing censors.

[151ST]
1,904 posts
8,827 battles

RN BBs simply aren't as tanky as other lines but angling is still key, the issue is that your rear turret angles as you go up the tiers are poor, so only use your rear gun inbetween enemy salvos.

You will eat pens even when angled. I would suggest CE before FP for your 10 points as most have pretty good concealment and you can use that to escape, keep an eye on your positioning though as a DD spotting you will cause you to be focused.

Otherwise read the shell type suggestions above, they are on point.

[HMNZ]
364 posts
5,531 battles
13 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

May want to be careful too. I got a warning for only asterixing part of the word. Something about bypassing censors.

roger that.

• Cool 1