Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PanJin21

RN DD Commander Skills?

10 comments in this topic

[EE09]
87 posts
736 battles

I am going to use Jack Dunkirk for my RN DDs and I can't decide on the what 3 point and 4 point skill to use first.

I am going to use Priority Target and Master Marksman. Jack Dunkirk will be placed into Jervis first.

[WWS]
294 posts
3,745 battles

Standard 10pt captain (DD): PT,LS,SE,CE. Last Stand is prio, you don't want to be a sitting duck. Don't pick "Master Marksman", RN DDs along the line can rotate its turret 360 degrees).
Ignore the improved SSE skill. Your smoke don't last long.
Then: PM,AR,BFT,DE or PM,AR,BFT,SI (if you want more smoke,hydro) or AR,BFT,IFHE or AR,BFT,RPF. Watch some captain builds on YT.

also keep Jutland, it's a good pick at Ranked.

Edited by notyourfather
*Your

[ANZAC]
516 posts
18,102 battles
22 hours ago, notyourfather said:

Standard 10pt captain (DD): PT,LS,SE,CE. Last Stand is prio, you don't want to be a sitting duck. Don't pick "Master Marksman", RN DDs along the line can rotate its turret 360 degrees).
Ignore the improved SSE skill. You're smoke don't last long.
Then: PM,AR,BFT,DE or PM,AR,BFT,SI (if you want more smoke,hydro) or AR,BFT,IFHE or AR,BFT,RPF. Watch some captain builds on YT.

also keep Jutland, it's a good pick at Ranked.

Hell, I kept em all from T7 up.

I suggest you keep a close eye on WGs signaled changes to IFHE. There was a suggestion that the high tier UK DDs would get a slight HE pen buff as part of a proposed IFHE nerf to allow them to pen most other same tier DDs without IFHE. Right now IFHE is compulsory, but if you could get away without it, well that would be amazing.

Note these changes could be months away, and WG may change their mind.

But this why I am going for the Thunderer over the Smolensk, if WG does nerf IFHE that ship will be hit pretty hard.

Edited by j0e90

[WWS]
294 posts
3,745 battles
17 minutes ago, j0e90 said:

Hell, I kept em all from T7 up.

I suggest you keep a close eye on WGs signaled changes to IFHE. There was a suggestion that the high tier UK DDs would get a slight HE pen buff as part of a proposed IFHE nerf to allow them to pen most other same tier DDs without IFHE. Right now IFHE is compulsory, but if you could get away without it, well that would be amazing.

Note these changes could be months away, and WG may change their mind.

But this why I am going for the Thunderer over the Smolensk, if WG does nerf IFHE that ship will be hit pretty hard.

If only Jutland and Daring have HE penetration like Jap's 100mm guns and German's 1/4 HE pen. 

[ANZAC]
516 posts
18,102 battles
On 9/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, notyourfather said:

If only Jutland and Daring have HE penetration like Jap's 100mm guns and German's 1/4 HE pen. 

That might make them a bit OP. The initial plan was to give them a bonus so they could Pen 19mm I think. But I think the IFHE rework is on pause, not heard anything for a while

[TF44]
108 posts
11,388 battles
15 hours ago, drakon233 said:

here you go

Thanks for that Drakon233! 

At some point I became attached to the concept of using Radio Location, but maybe it isn't necessary? My Jutland set up is:

PT > LS > SE > CE > RL > PM

Might I assume that after ~22k battles you simply don't need Radio Location (as experience indicates red behaviour)? 

I've never yet used IFE on anything, but I can see how your JoaT + SI maximises your survival ability if things get hot, and I suppose you're looking hard at anything inside 4.5kms (so IFE replaces PT).

Any comments you can make on playstyle differences between our two builds would be appreciated!

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,341 posts
26,063 battles
2 hours ago, Farlesquew said:

Thanks for that Drakon233! 

At some point I became attached to the concept of using Radio Location, but maybe it isn't necessary? My Jutland set up is:

PT > LS > SE > CE > RL > PM

Might I assume that after ~22k battles you simply don't need Radio Location (as experience indicates red behaviour)? 

I've never yet used IFE on anything, but I can see how your JoaT + SI maximises your survival ability if things get hot, and I suppose you're looking hard at anything inside 4.5kms (so IFE replaces PT).

Any comments you can make on playstyle differences between our two builds would be appreciated!

as a RNDD you dont really need RPF.

your role as a RNDD is basically to contest and defend caps, so you'll basically be hanging around the cap for 70% of the time, when you are guarding/contesting a cap you can use your concealment circle on the minimap to get a pretty good idea of where the enemy DDs are, especially tiers 7-9 where you concealment is much better than most other DDs

you dont really need JOAT before T9 since it's just there just a boost to your heal charge reload, your smoke already reloads plenty fast already

IFA is just a crutch for me so even when im dog fighting because you can tell when someone who isnt the DD you are dogfighting shoots you and you can use your special acceleration to speed up and try to dodge the shells 

in order of importance i would take

IFA>LS>SE>CE>IFHE>SI>JOAT

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 2

[KAMI]
426 posts
5,667 battles

Would you say JoAT is useful in any other cases? Is saving a few seconds on consumable CD worth it more than something like AD?

Also do you have any particular tips on T7 DDs vs T8+ DD engagements since the concealment mod creates such a wide concealment gap between them?

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,341 posts
26,063 battles
14 minutes ago, Verytis said:

Would you say JoAT is useful in any other cases? Is saving a few seconds on consumable CD worth it more than something like AD?

Also do you have any particular tips on T7 DDs vs T8+ DD engagements since the concealment mod creates such a wide concealment gap between them?

JOAT is usefull if all you intend to do is to be a tool for your team in terms of

BBs-  a full tank build with JOAT cuts down CD time on repair and heals
CA/CLs- ones with radars(or smoke) can take JOAT tho there are better options
DDs- being a smoke slave, or gunbote DDs that have heals , but then again a DD captain's points are very importain investments and wasteing 2 on JOAT over AR or LS isnt really worth it on a DD that isnt darling

and as for engageing a higher tier DD as a t7... 

the majority of the time you wont outgun him anyways, so going out and spotting for the team on a flank will most likely be more useful, you dont have to try and fight the enemy DD every time to be useful

but if you are a gunboate facing a torp boat, play around the islands near the objectives, try to keep these islands between his LOS to set up a ambush so when you pop up you'll be less than 5km~ish from your target

Edited by drakon233
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this