You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

4k monitor graphics settings strats?

9 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
978 posts
9,199 battles

29445108_Screenshot(561).thumb.png.a37c076937013ffdbf415bbf4cc39bfc.png

4k at max settings sure looks purty in port. 

Game 3840x2160 at low settings or 1920x1080 maxed out? Stock AMD RX 570 can do 4k at max pretty cleanly in port, but a little sluggish ...  I doubt it can handle battles smoothly.

Advice?

[SALT]
1,889 posts
10,504 battles

what I found is If you use, Geforce experience - Sharpen filter would make the game detail look better than higher resoulution,

try findle with it if you have geforce experience. by press Alt+Z ingame

[BLESS]
978 posts
9,199 battles

So this is what I found:

4k with AA off runs consistently at about 40-45 fps, any changes of the other detail settings doesn't have any further influence.

1920x1080 runs at 75 fps (software capped) at 8x AA, max everything.

4k with AA off is visually more crisp than 1080 with AA on, but the dropped frames during quick pans and so forth feel choppy at 4k. And 1080 still looks good, the extra graininess just adds a dash of cinematic look. So I'm going to stick with 1080.

(There are some additional scaling settings under the Radeon driver utility that I still need to play around with.)

Edited by Rina_Pon

[LBAS]
97 posts
6,739 battles

When you run it at max when in 1080 with 8xAA make sure you have FXAA off.  If you just select the highest default gfx settings for some dumb reason both MSAA and FXAA are turned on.  FXAA just blurs the image.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
978 posts
9,199 battles

@Griefmaker  Good to know. Thanks!

Edit: Turning FXAA off hugely improves the sharpness, with no downsides at least when AA is set at 4x or 8x. 1080 looks great now.

Edited by Rina_Pon

[PHNAV]
[PHNAV]
171 posts

I usually adjust anything related to graphic settings for the ocean. 

From 30 fps, now its 55-65 fps. Good enough to sink an enemy ship. :cap_haloween:

[LBAS]
97 posts
6,739 battles
On 9/28/2019 at 3:09 PM, Rina_Pon said:

@Griefmaker  Good to know. Thanks!

Edit: Turning FXAA off hugely improves the sharpness, with no downsides at least when AA is set at 4x or 8x. 1080 looks great now.

Glad that worked for you.  It’s so dumb that the game default enables both.  You only ever use FXAA if your PC cannot handle even the most basic MSAA setting.

To others that have an nvidia card and use geforce experience to set optimum gfx settings that too will enable both FXAA and MSAA.  This is one of the main reasons i would never use it.  It is so counter productive to be running MSAA with FXAA enabled as well just blurring up the sharp image that MSAA created.

Another way to make the game look even better if your gfx card is good enough is to go into nvidia control panel and supersample wows.  I have a 2080 and run MSAAx8 and force supersample x8  through control panel. I run at 1200p locked at 60fps and my fps never drops and the image is stunning.