Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PbKavarovsky

What is the lowest win rate of a ship besides zero have you ever seen?

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

14
[CHING]
Member
60 posts
4,988 battles

My friend who just advanced to Yamato played 20 matches in her, and have 100K+ average damage. He attained 5% WR.

How much does MM have to hate him could he have only one victory out of twenty? I have no idea.

unknown.png?width=1442&height=91

Last seven consecutive matches:

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
25 minutes ago, PbKavarovsky said:

My friend who just advanced to Yamato played 20 matches in her, and have 100K+ average damage. He attained 5% WR.

How much does MM have to hate him could he have only one victory out of twenty? I have no idea.

 

 

 

Recognizing that MM has nothing to do with WR is the first step in improving WR.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles

I've had  many cursed boats. Boats that just encounter bad teams on most their games. Some might argue it's the players fault but when you have a boat like Texas and 3 of your team are dead before you can even get an enemy into your gun range there is simply nothing you can do.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Recognizing that over 100's of games MM has nothing to do with WR is the first step in improving WR.

FTFY

On a small game quantity sample your original statement was simply false.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I've had  many cursed boats. Boats that just encounter bad teams on most their games. Some might argue it's the players fault but when you have a boat like Texas and 3 of your team are dead before you can even get an enemy into your gun range there is simply nothing you can do.

But twenty times in a row? And they were the first 20 games played in yamato. Not yet used to the ship.

Can't blame MM.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I've had  many cursed boats. Boats that just encounter bad teams on most their games. Some might argue it's the players fault but when you have a boat like Texas and 3 of your team are dead before you can even get an enemy into your gun range there is simply nothing you can do.

But twenty times in a row? And they were the first 20 games played in yamato. Not yet used to the ship.

Can't blame MM.

5 minutes ago, keskparane said:

FTFY

On a small game quantity sample your original statement was simply false.

But they are 100% of his matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles

I have some bad WR botes too.

I know that it's me at fault and not MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
Just now, AntifoulAwl said:

But twenty times in a row? And they were the first 20 games played in yamato. Not yet used to the ship.

Can't blame MM.

But they are 100% of his matches.

Could be as few as 10 games in a row,. but yes same applies.

If you knew the team skill distribution I am certain you would quickly change your stance. You can blame MM when you have for example 4 dds who have played less total matches than a single unicum dd player has had losses in his +2k game dd. I use this example (of which I have seen many times) because total games is IMO the clearest indicator. A player with a 40% wr but thousands of games has more chance of winning than a player with a 60% wr over 20 games.

They are only 100% of his yamato matches. 20 matches is a very small sample for MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
2 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I have some bad WR botes too.

I know that it's me at fault and not MM.

How do you know this? What steps have you taken to look at the stats of every player in the match? Or do you just mean you don't know and are guessing because that's more accurate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
7 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I know that it's me at fault and not MM.

How do you explain the many screenshots we have seen here where players, practically single handed, have destroyed almost the entire enemy team and still lost? I mean it was clearly their fault right?

Edited by keskparane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Could be as few as 10 games in a row,. but yes same applies.

If you knew the team skill distribution I am certain you would quickly change your stance. You can blame MM when you have for example 4 dds who have played less total matches than a single unicum dd player has had losses in his +2k game dd. I use this example (of which I have seen many times) because total games is IMO the clearest indicator. A player with a 40% wr but thousands of games has more chance of winning than a player with a 60% wr over 20 games.

They are only 100% of his yamato matches. 20 matches is a very small sample for MM.

Ok.

So is it MM or other players?

When he blamed MM, I thought like, "Dammit, the other team has 3 CVs and we don't have AA ships!"

That's blaming MM.

 

But if enemy players have a better skill set, that means his skills need improving.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Ok.

So is it MM or other players?

When he blamed MM, I thought like, "Dammit, the other team has 3 CVs and we don't have AA ships!"

That's blaming MM.

 

But if enemy players have a better skill set, that means his skills need improving.

 

 

Who assigns the players if not MM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
5 minutes ago, keskparane said:

How do you know this? What steps have you taken to look at the stats of every player in the match? Or do you just mean you don't know and are guessing because that's more accurate?

I know this because they were my early botes in the game, years ago. When I a noob.

If I played them now, I would play differently. Hopefullly better. :cap_yes:

3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

How do you explain the many screenshots we have seen here where players, practically single handed, have destroyed almost the entire enemy team and still lost? I mean it was clearly their fault right?

I would hazard a guess and say those players clearly knew what they were doing, but other factors let them down.

I would also hazard a guess, maybe even lay money on it,  that those same players do not have a WR of 0% as per OP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I know this because they were my early botes in the game, years ago. When I a noob.

If I played them now, I would play differently. Hopefullly better. :cap_yes:

Your noob subjective opinions on the skill distribution of MM have little to do with fact.

1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I would hazard a guess and say those players clearly knew what they were doing, but other factors let them down.

And what would those factors have been? You can't come here and talk about how balanced odds are on all factors and yet claim that 11 of their team member were cursed by random bad RNG.

4 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I would also hazard a guess, maybe even lay money on it,  that those same players do not have a WR of 0% as per OP.

The 0% WR only applies to 7 matches. Maybe you've never had a boat with those initial stats but I have.

You talk about factors. Do you not find it hard in a new boat that has 0 upgrades while you grind the first modules? Or do you just FXP them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles

@AntifoulAwl On a different tack I will raise the many games where our team has won against a VOR (or other unicum clan) division. Do you think for even half a second I would claim that we won because my skill was better than theirs? I can assure you I wouldn't. I know they are better players without a doubt. So why didn't they win? Yet even those DIV lose 30+ games in a hundred. Do you think all losses are evenly distributed? Have you never had a large losing streak? (once again like many users have posted on this forum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles

lol, we seem to agreeing on the same thing...

I know this because they were my early botes in the game, years ago. When I a noob.

If I played them now, I would play differently. Hopefullly better. 

3 minutes ago, keskparane said:

 

The 0% WR only applies to 7 matches. Maybe you've never had a boat with those initial stats but I have.

You talk about factors. Do you not find it hard in a new boat that has 0 upgrades while you grind the first modules? Or do you just FXP them?

^ mate,  I did find it hard...thus that's why i think his battles aren't the best.

I have had boat stats like that, and prolly still do. But I don't think it has anything to do with MM, it was me.

 

I would hazard a guess and say those players clearly knew what they were doing, but other factors let them down.

9 minutes ago, keskparane said:

.

And what would those factors have been? You can't come here and talk about how balanced odds are on all factors and yet claim that 11 of their team member were cursed by random bad RNG.

Dude, I'm not saying the odds are balanced at all.The things that led to those people losing but wrecking the enemy team definitely were not rng.

 

And yes, you're right. It 7 for 0%

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AA]
Member
105 posts
13,681 battles

I did see a Midway player played 26 times and only won 1 time when CV was the RTS style.

Which means his win rate on this CV is only 3.85%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

@AntifoulAwl On a different tack I will raise the many games where our team has won against a VOR (or other unicum clan) division. Do you think for even half a second I would claim that we won because my skill was better than theirs? I can assure you I wouldn't. I know they are better players without a doubt. So why didn't they win? Yet even those DIV lose 30+ games in a hundred. Do you think all losses are evenly distributed? Have you never had a large losing streak? (once again like many users have posted on this forum)

I agree.

Losing streaks certainly are thing.

His first 7 matches he lost. And as you agree with, new unupgraded boats are not easy.

If his 7 losing streak was after 100 games in that boat, sure that could be due MM.

But to lose your first 7 matches ever played in that boat, to me that says that there's more at play than blaming MM.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles

@AntifoulAwl

Here's my team from last 2 coop matches. (I'm grinding all botes for anniversary crates) (names changed to protect the guilty). Look at the skill disparity between the 2 teams. I know from experience just how likely it is that the second team will win if these 2 teams played each other. Sure there are upsets with much larger disparities than this, but overall these stats influence game outcome more than anything else.

2.png.514b73438e2017b77b061b44c8aab830.png  3.png.c42ef332bbef49cea704f88064e188a9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles

@keskparane

Yep.I agree. The stats will influence the game. The second team has the better stats. 

And the stats are a loose pointer to skill of the player. Not 100% accurate, but close to it. The side with the better players may win.   i.e. The second team.

And there are no good players with bad long term stats....none.never. nope.

 

Now we have given this thread a good run for it's money...

And I what i still reckon is - can't blame MM for WR. Sure, some games will smash you cos of MM, but those will be low enough in quantity not to affect WR. Overall, over many battles MM makes no diff.

Which is exactly what you said when you Fixed my post for me. lol.

 

Now, here's something to brighten the mood....

Spoiler

anchors-are-just-as-fun.gif

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
3 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

And I what i still reckon is - can't blame MM for WR. Sure, some games will smash you cos of MM, but those will be low enough in quantity not to affect WR. Overall, over many battles MM makes no diff.

Which is exactly what you said when you Fixed my post for me. lol.

Actually by inference you said you can't blame MM for WR over 20 games and I said you could. So that is not what I said when I edited your post.

 

Of my 200+ ships I think I probably would have considered maybe 7 of them MM cursed. That's less than 3.5% so not a large number. I have seen MM give me insurmountable odds for my skill level. Sure someone with a better WR than mine probably could have turned a few of my losses into wins but that doesn't mean I haven't had some ships start with 5% WR after 20 games (I think). And I don't expect I have been the unluckiest person ever on SEA server either, so someone will almost certainly get worse luck than that at some point.

 

Lighten the mood? Why does dealing in facts make your mood worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,204
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,111 posts
7,667 battles
6 hours ago, keskparane said:

Actually by inference you said you can't blame MM for WR over 20 games and I said you could. So that is not what I said when I edited your post.

 

Of my 200+ ships I think I probably would have considered maybe 7 of them MM cursed. That's less than 3.5% so not a large number. I have seen MM give me insurmountable odds for my skill level. Sure someone with a better WR than mine probably could have turned a few of my losses into wins but that doesn't mean I haven't had some ships start with 5% WR after 20 games (I think). And I don't expect I have been the unluckiest person ever on SEA server either, so someone will almost certainly get worse luck than that at some point.

 

Lighten the mood? Why does dealing in facts make your mood worse?

I wanted to brighten the vibe cos I felt like I was smashing my head on a wall....

It was more for my sanity than anything else. And maybe as a way of bailing out of this circular bickering.

8 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Recognizing that MM has nothing to do with WR is the first step in improving WR.

I stand by what I said. ^

Taking responsibility for how you play is one of the keys of improvement. Waiting for MM to give you better odds (i.e. shit players in other team), so you can win and increase WR, is a fools paradise.

If you want debate this, do it with someone else. I'm out. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[SEARN]
Member
717 posts
11,754 battles
1 hour ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Taking responsibility for how you play is one of the keys of improvement. Waiting for MM to give you better odds (i.e. shit players in other team), so you can win and increase WR, is a fools paradise.

If you want debate this, do it with someone else. I'm out. :Smile_honoring:

:Smile_great: Amen brother

If I could like this 100 times I would have. Best I can do is a like and a thumbs up :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[CHING]
Member
60 posts
4,988 battles
12 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

But twenty times in a row? And they were the first 20 games played in yamato. Not yet used to the ship.

Can't blame MM.

 

Yamato has 83K average damage in SEA server, if a 100K+ average damage in the first 20 matches in Yamato indicates one is "not yet used to the ship", I have nothing to say. How about you suggest a unicum player who could single-handedly win a match on his/her own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
729
[O7]
Member
2,576 posts
17,004 battles
4 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I wanted to brighten the vibe cos I felt like I was smashing my head on a wall....

It was more for my sanity than anything else. And maybe as a way of bailing out of this circular bickering.

I stand by what I said. ^

Taking responsibility for how you play is one of the keys of improvement. Waiting for MM to give you better odds (i.e. shit players in other team), so you can win and increase WR, is a fools paradise.

If you want debate this, do it with someone else. I'm out. :Smile_honoring:

It's only circular because you are refusing to acknowledge new evidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×