Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bex_o7

Server Migration

115 comments in this topic

716 posts
19,634 battles

So about three weeks ago I lodged a ticket requesting my account transferred from SEA to NA. The reasons should be self evident, but it's largely due to the language barrier, competitive time zone restrictions and bot frequency we must suffer through on SEA. Despite numerous back and forth messages I was repeatedly denied the request and told things like...

• It's not possible
  • We don't do server migration
  • There's no demand for it

Then today I see this:  https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/india-account-migration/

What an astonishing change of position in just three short weeks. @GOMBEE8626 - I'll take that transfer to NA now, please. :)

• Cool 7

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
28 minutes ago, Bex_o7 said:

So about three weeks ago I lodged a ticket requesting my account transferred from SEA to NA. The reasons should be self evident, but it's largely due to the language barrier, competitive time zone restrictions and bot frequency we must suffer through on SEA. Despite numerous back and forth messages I was repeatedly denied the request and told things like...

• It's not possible
  • We don't do server migration
  • There's no demand for it

Then today I see this:  https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/india-account-migration/

What an astonishing change of position in just three short weeks. @GOMBEE8626 - I'll take that transfer to NA now, please. 🙂

Yeah exactly the same mate, I even offered to PAY for the privilege. WG dont mind lying to you for whatever reason.

I doubt its even a difficult thing to do. Like cut/paste your account info from SEA server to NA or which ever server you like. Job done.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
788 posts
5,773 battles

First of all, "move" yourself to India.

Otherwise if you protest hard enough they might bend.

as you can see how many "rules" have/had been broken by this broken studio.

Edited by spixys
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
110 posts
7,198 battles

I registered my account in Sri Lanka, and played there for around 6 months. From then onward i have been forced to play on SEA from the UK. This means the server is basically empty 99% of the time i tried to play, and i could not take any part in clan activities due to the huge timezone difference. My requests for a transfer to EU were rejected. So despite the fact that i am technically not playing from India, i feel i should certainly be eligible for this transfer. To be honest i think its highly unfair to offer this only to Indian players.

• Cool 2

[-ISO-]
911 posts
5,988 battles
2 hours ago, Bex_o7 said:

The reasons should be self evident, but it's largely due to the language barrier, competitive time zone restrictions and bot frequency we must suffer through on SEA.

This sentence is the reason why some if not a lot of us can hardly learn or enjoy the game. There's just so much discrepancies in a lot of aspects. And also the fact that WG mostly ignores some problems in this region or server.

• Cool 2

432 posts
15,766 battles

Well now we know it IS actually possible I would like to transfer to another server ... any server but this one where I can't understand the few people on my team that aren't bots making any kind of team play so rare I might as well be playing a single player game.

• Cool 3

[BOTES]
136 posts
6,651 battles

Yea, I'd like a transfer to NA please.

Been trying to get one for 3 years and randos in India can get a freebie to EU.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,214 posts
6,291 battles
1 hour ago, Jeruk_Swag said:

Yea, I'd like a transfer to NA please.

Been trying to get one for 3 years and randos in India can get a freebie to EU.

Its funny to see posts like this

lul.PNG

[TLS]
3,082 posts
18,494 battles
11 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its funny to see posts like this

lul.PNG

"The grass is greener on the other side of the fence."

• Cool 3

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

For Aussie players, yeah it probably is. No more BOX language for a start.

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,214 posts
6,291 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I don't see the advantage to going to NA.  Ive got a NA account and the game play is different in that it is more aggressive but its also far stupider.  The language barrier is no different but just different languages and unless you are a shift worker then the peak times are not suitable for Aussies anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
15 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I don't see the advantage to going to NA.  Ive got a NA account and the game play is different in that it is more aggressive but its also far stupider.  The language barrier is no different but just different languages and unless you are a shift worker then the peak times are not suitable for Aussies anyway.

Each to their own I guess. People migrating to NA from SEA isnt going to effect anyone, more bots will fill their places anyway.

Edited by dieselhead
  • Cool 1

[LNA]
459 posts
4,576 battles

Latency to EU = 175ms+

Latency to SEA = 35ms+

The only advantage in shifting right now? A vague promise that the premium shop prices will be adjusted more favorably for Indian players. What the heck does that even mean? Bah, another meaningless thing no one in India asked for but WG delivered and now every random jack, his grandma and his dog who wanted a transfer are hating on us. Like we twisted WG's arm to give us a free ride to a worse networked server.

• Funny 1

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
2 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

Latency to EU = 175ms+

Latency to SEA = 35ms+

The only advantage in shifting right now? A vague promise that the premium shop prices will be adjusted more favorably for Indian players. What the heck does that even mean? Bah, another meaningless thing no one in India asked for but WG delivered and now every random jack, his grandma and his dog who wanted a transfer are hating on us. Like we twisted WG's arm to give us a free ride to a worse networked server.

No one in this thread is hating on you, they are hating on WG if anything for the lies told regarding migrating and the bias shown regarding Indian players being offered this and not the rest of us.

• Cool 2

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
5 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

It has to be possible. I migrated from NA to Asia servers.

Yeah ofc it is. I dont understand why its not offered for a fee tbh.

[LNA]
459 posts
4,576 battles
2 minutes ago, dieselhead said:

No one in this thread is hating on you

I never said people are hating us on this thread. But I can still show you an example where you can judge the animosity leaking:

2 hours ago, Jeruk_Swag said:

randos in India can get a freebie to EU.

image.png.87f63c0f0f19a628f70f30bba059b212.png

image.png.da49b7a62951500343edc85a192347b9.png

And I won't even mention the other social platforms where people are using strong language quite liberally. Amazing how a decision solely made by a company ripples all its effects on the denizens of a specific country.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
3 minutes ago, LonerPrime said:

I never said people are hating us on this thread. But I can still show you an example where you can judge the animosity leaking:

image.png.87f63c0f0f19a628f70f30bba059b212.png

image.png.da49b7a62951500343edc85a192347b9.png

And I won't even mention the other social platforms where people are using strong language quite liberally. Amazing how a decision solely made by a company ripples all its effects on the denizens of a specific country.

Only a moron would hate on the players over this. A turnip can see its WG's decision. Only snowflakes would be upset over a couple of morons crying about WG's ideas. WG is just trying to look after its player base and my only issue is that its not offered to anyone who wants to move.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
1,095 posts
10,066 battles

As mentioned by some others here, I don't think there is any real benefit to migrate to the other servers. The issue about different time zones have been very unfavorable for everyone who lives on the eastern hemisphere on many other games which are based mostly on NA.

Around this time for example, the NA server only has about 5k players, EU has about 9k, and Asia has 11k (based on the real count in Wargaming wiki). And of course it is currently 00:07 which is already past the peak hour. Also this is during weekend, the numbers could be lower during workdays because of the obvious reasons.

4 posts
5,311 battles

I have been trying to put up posts every now and then for server transfers to be a thing.

Follow Blizzards example and charge $50 per transfer and have an easy moneymaker out of it.

Most people I know want to go to NA from Asia because NA is simply a lot more fun to play on.

213 posts
9,985 battles

For me the ping is poor for both. 105ms is the best I get.

If penguins played wows then we might get an Antarctica server, which would be closer....

Edited by MeglaGnome

[-CAT-]
923 posts
8,314 battles

Looking at an articles, I cant help but wonder, that's a lot of partners. Maybe they are after the cash?

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/world-of-warships-india-relaunch-everything-you-need-to-know/

And 30 days only to try, test and / or revert is just too short IMO.

Nearest EU server is in NL (Netherlands) or DE (Germany / Deutchland).

ASIA server used to be in SG, but due to "if I recall correctly, shark attacc" caused high latency, they moved it to HK.

HK servers should accommodate AU and NZ customers, but sacrifice IN customers. SG servers should accommodate IN customers, but sacrifice AU and NZ customers. I guess that's the limitation of our technology at the moment.

There are countries that benefit on 2 to 3 servers:

CIS players can choose to play in either CIS, ASIA, or EU servers

IN players can choose to play in either ASIA, or EU servers

AU players can choose to play in either ASIA, or NA servers

But at a cost, latency.

It feels like a region lock. Instead of just the game region lock, its both game and player region lock.

I guess our technology is not mature enough.

I hope that one day, players will not have this region lock barrier in order to play with players from around the world and a 24 / 7 clan wars.

But for now *sigh* -_-

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,445 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I agree with both of these.  There are problems on SEA, but there will be problems everywhere.  At least the standard of play on SEA is much better than NA, the decent player to potato ratio here isn't too bad.  At least you'll see your win rate climb a lot if you go to NA, but at the cost of worse game play.

Having said that, if people really want to move to another server, then an expensive paid service with a modest cooldown seems completely reasonable to me.  It will keep some of the players happy, and make money for WG, so double win for the company really.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
30 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

At least the standard of play on SEA is much better than NA, the decent player to potato ratio here isn't too bad.

Really? This server has turned into BOT central in recent times. Even in ranked (normal not sprint) I saw BOTS.

32 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

then an expensive paid service with a modest cooldown

Whats your idea of expensive? 

Sign in to follow this