You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

What the HMS Hood Should've been

25 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,271 posts
11,698 battles

HMS Hood 1940 is the only BB Premium with rockets,

HMS Hood 1944 is the design of what Hood should've been as a Premium than the 1940 one, Features a Similar shape from the KGV-class of Battleships, Her AA Rockets have been replaced by Pompons and Oerlikons, her 10.2cm guns were change into the twin secondaries from the KGV-Class.

Spoiler

Food_BB.jpg

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
1,874 posts
17,614 battles

Hood should have been EXPLODED. Increased risk of detonation.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[FORCE]
352 posts
8,814 battles

The current version of Hood was released long before WG put the "what-ifs" on literally any ships. Who knows if WG actually plans to release the 1944 version later for the sake of cash-grabbing?

• Cool 1

[SH0T]
1,483 posts
8,985 battles
10 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

The current version of Hood was released long before WG put the "what-ifs" on literally any ships. Who knows if WG actually plans to release the 1944 version later for the sake of cash-grabbing?

Gneisenau is what if too rite :Smile_glasses:

doesnt german line released close to hood

Edited by humusz

[SBY]
39 posts
1,258 battles
24 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Who knows if WG actually plans to release the 1944 version later for the sake of cash-grabbing?

knowing what they do with Montana-Ohio, De Grasse-Bayard-Colbert, and etc. i think they will release this version as a T8, slaps some gimmicks, and named her HMS Anson or Howe (two of the four Hoods, and yes the name were reused for the later KGV class)

2,736 posts
6,498 battles

WG would release that what-if refit of Hood, but it's Hull B for tech tree Admiral-class in the RN 2nd BB line

Don't quote me on this, ever.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1

[SH0T]
1,483 posts
8,985 battles

Hood alr premium, her final form would locked behind ntc wall :Smile-_tongue:

2,736 posts
6,498 battles
Just now, humusz said:

Hood alr premium, her final form would locked behind ntc wall :Smile-_tongue:

You are really into this, aren't you?

• Funny 1

[SH0T]
1,483 posts
8,985 battles
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

You are really into this, aren't you?

Despite how ntc is viewed by comunity, but when seeing how many Ohio in game - its deffinitly will become trending.

Edited by humusz

2,736 posts
6,498 battles
Just now, humusz said:

Despite how ntc is viewed by comunity, but when seeing how many Ohio in game - its deffinitly will become trending.

Which makes me so sad and disappointed.

[SH0T]
1,483 posts
8,985 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Which makes me so sad and disappointed.

When its only colbert : Ok - it seems not bad

Then Ohio come : This NTC will deffinitly trending

lol

[LBAS]
2,271 posts
11,698 battles

NTC or Armory, it would be a great ship.

Edited by BIGCOREMKP0I

[TLS]
1,874 posts
17,614 battles

"Populate mid tiers" What a load of BS. With the numbers of Ohios out in the wild now, the "reason" for it has utterly failed while the hidden reason has prevailed.

• Cool 2

388 posts
2,128 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

WG would release that what-if refit of Hood, but it's Hull B for tech tree Admiral-class in the RN 2nd BB line

Don't quote me on this, ever.

To distinguish a tech-tree Admiral-class with Hood, then make the stock hull what Hood looked like in the 1920s (though that would certainly be a painful grind; maybe some limited modernizations but without those UP rockets) and the top hull as the planned 1941 rebuild?

[BLESS]
683 posts
7,284 battles
6 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

"Populate mid tiers" What a load of BS. With the numbers of Ohios out in the wild now, the "reason" for it has utterly failed while the hidden reason has prevailed.

It's kinda scary how many people have already re-done 4-5 complete tech tree lines back to T10. Even allowing they are blowing credits and FXP, that's still playing this game way too much than is healthy.

So what in your opinion is the "hidden" reason for NTC? I thought it was very clearly and openly meant as an economy-balancing resource sink first and foremost. "Populating mid tiers" ... well I guess there was some impact. X players on NTC, Y games in T5-7. X times Y... Who knows, honestly?

2,736 posts
6,498 battles
4 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

So what in your opinion is the "hidden" reason for NTC?

The whole thing is pure whale bait and I don't want to explain at all.

Edited by Paladinum

[TLS]
1,874 posts
17,614 battles
23 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

The whole thing is pure whale bait and I don't want to explain at all.

^ This is explanation enough @Rina_Pon Even if I smash my way through it, I will still have oodles of credits, xp and a completely unbalanced economy. What economy balance? The economy was completely F-uped the day all freebies were given like an ocean of salt water.

6 posts
551 battles
5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Hood should have been EXPLODED. Increased risk of detonation.

Don't you mean "made more FUN & ENGAGING?"

• Funny 2

[BLESS]
683 posts
7,284 battles
47 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

^ This is explanation enough @Rina_Pon Even if I smash my way through it, I will still have oodles of credits, xp and a completely unbalanced economy. What economy balance? The economy was completely F-uped the day all freebies were given like an ocean of salt water.

Well whale bait and economy balance come out to the same thing don't they? The rewards WG pays for in-game work: flags and camos, credits, FXP and consumables and so on, are excessive. By that I mean whales will accumulate resources at a faster rate than they can spend in game. The plan is that draining this resource stockpile (getting whales to use them up by, one assumes, buying, equipping, or FXPing their way though the tech trees again) will get players to spend more cash to build it up again.

They flaw in the argument is exactly as everyone is pointing out: WG are giving out T10 ships for free, removing reasons for whales to spend further.

Though I'd be interested to know how much it costs, on average, for a player to re-grind a line. Do you get compensated for the cost of the ships, upgrades, and modules when you reset the line, or do you have to buy them twice essentially?

[MRI]
2,152 posts
11,701 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

So what in your opinion is the "hidden" reason for NTC? I thought it was very clearly and openly meant as an economy-balancing resource sink first and foremost. "Populating mid tiers" ... well I guess there was some impact. X players on NTC, Y games in T5-7. X times Y... Who knows, honestly?

Official reason for NTC: Populate mid tiers.

Unofficial reason for NTC: Entice people to spend more money to convert ship xp to fxp or get more flags/Premium time/camos etc to speed through the lines. Essentially a money and time sink.

• Cool 3

[BLESS]
683 posts
7,284 battles
11 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Essentially a money and time sink.

That's how I read it.

[-CAT-]
341 posts
6,610 battles
59 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Official reason for NTC: Populate mid tiers.

Unofficial reason for NTC: Entice people to spend more money to convert ship xp to fxp or get more flags/Premium time/camos etc to speed through the lines. Essentially a money and time sink.

^

Everything WG says should now be taken with a grain of salt.

No submarines, Implements 2 years later.

Rework CV, Leaves China server as RTS.

Rework NTC, Renamed 1 month later.

NTC re-populate mid tiers, allows FXP to quickly progress.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[TLS]
1,874 posts
17,614 battles

Honestly, I wouldn't mind so much if got to the point and told the truth. That is my number one problem: they coat it with so many layers of obsfucation. @Rina_Pon The free mid-tier giveaways do not help either. And -I am still whaling away at my consumables because I do not waste them on pointless games-.

->Though I'd be interested to know how much it costs, on average, for a player to re-grind a line. Do you get compensated for the cost of the ships, upgrades, and modules when you reset the line, or do you have to buy them twice essentially?

Modules you get it unloaded FoC iirc. Ships get sold at half price as per standard selling price. Upgrades get thrown into the rubbish bin. In essence, you are forced to sell your hard work (at way below value) for essentially another pointless grind, waste of time, money and resources for an overpriced ship that can essentially be sold in the premium shop to fund their money grab. The smart people bypass this by grinding the line ONCE for all the points they need. This whole system only benefits: i) Bot farms ii) People with no life iii) Players who only play a few lines. People who play multiple lines are disadvantaged as they have to chose their focus. With the Italian, British and sub lines coming, there is more than enough content to soak up "free time".

@PaladinumThe problem is while a majority of us do not support this Rubbish, the issue is that the ships at the end of the tunnel are "OP" and it is the risk of either matching the pack or risk being left behind.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[FORCE]
352 posts
8,814 battles
18 hours ago, humusz said:

Gneisenau is what if too rite :Smile_glasses:

doesnt german line released close to hood

Well yes, but actually yes!

I mean her case is quite justified to make the German BB line consistent (all 380 from T6 to T8)

18 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

knowing what they do with Montana-Ohio, De Grasse-Bayard-Colbert, and etc. i think they will release this version as a T8, slaps some gimmicks, and named her HMS Anson or Howe (two of the four Hoods, and yes the name were reused for the later KGV class)

I would also bet they can release a down-tiered Nelson. I mean Rodney existed, and the early configuration for the Nelson-class BBs had a pair of single torp tubes. If Mutsu made it into the game, and even got buffed later; I see no reason WG would not release Rodney someday.