Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

[WoWS new news] No. 16 - Update: RN heavy cruisers are coming + Discussion

81 comments in this topic

3,698 posts
7,465 battles

[UPDATE]

- Hawkins, tier V: 7x1 190 mm guns; Torpedoes 2x2 533 mm; Armor belt 76 mm.
- Devonshire, tier VI: 4x2 203 mm guns; Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm; Armor belt 114 mm.
- Surrey, tier VII: 4x2 203 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 152 mm.
- Bedford, tier VIII: 3x3 203 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 152 mm. 
- Drake, tier IX: 3x3 234 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 177 mm.
- Goliath, tier X: 4x3 234 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 203 mm.

As well as the above-mentioned new additions is the tier VI cruiser, London.

The initial concept, which will be tested, assumes that these ships will have good belt and deck armor, high-explosive and armor-piercing shells with high maximum damage, achieved by the caliber of the guns. For those of you that are familiar with Royal Navy cruisers, the new heavy cruisers from tier VIII-X will also have the branded "British" repair party.

Owners of British heavy cruisers will be able to choose between the "Defensive AA Defense Fire" and "Fighter" consumables. In a separate slot will be "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable, the characteristics of which will be similar to those of British destroyers: a short detection range and long action time. Such equipment is intended for protection against torpedoes.

So, to sum it up - high survivability, powerful guns, long-duration hydroacoustic search and the repair party, capable of repairing a huge amount of hit points, will make these ships good middle-range fighters.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

Official teaser of RN CA line? (the 'line' part is debatable)

*cue X-files opening theme*

Edited by Paladinum

3,698 posts
7,465 battles
23 hours ago, humusz said:

NTC ships :Smile_trollface:

NTC for T5/6/7 ships? Okay.

23 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Pizza is fine.

Rule Brittania better.

To lead the war machine
To rule the waves and lead the Kriegsmarine

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,869 posts
14,622 battles
19 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

NTC for T5/6/7 ships? Okay.

To lead the war machine
To rule the waves and lead the Kriegsmarine

Ja ja, das auch.

Sehr gut.

jaja.jpg

Edited by Max_Battle

3,698 posts
7,465 battles

From Dev Blog:

- Hawkins, tier V: 7x1 190 mm guns; Torpedoes 2x2 533 mm; Armor belt 76 mm.
- Devonshire, tier VI: 4x2 203 mm guns; Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm; Armor belt 114 mm.
- Surrey, tier VII: 4x2 203 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 152 mm.
- Bedford, tier VIII: 3x3 203 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 152 mm. 
- Drake, tier IX: 3x3 234 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 177 mm.
- Goliath, tier X: 4x3 234 mm guns. Torpedoes 2x4 533 mm. Armor belt 203 mm.

As well as the above-mentioned new additions is the tier VI cruiser, London.

The initial concept, which will be tested, assumes that these ships will have good belt and deck armor, high-explosive and armor-piercing shells with high maximum damage, achieved by the caliber of the guns. For those of you that are familiar with Royal Navy cruisers, the new heavy cruisers from tier VIII-X will also have the branded "British" repair party.

Owners of British heavy cruisers will be able to choose between the "Defensive AA Defense Fire" and "Fighter" consumables. In a separate slot will be "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable, the characteristics of which will be similar to those of British destroyers: a short detection range and long action time. Such equipment is intended for protection against torpedoes.

So, to sum it up - high survivability, powerful guns, long-duration hydroacoustic search and the repair party, capable of repairing a huge amount of hit points, will make these ships good middle-range fighters.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary and subject to change.

My first official tiering was good, and then I was off since I was influenced by some people saying that Hawkins can't be T5.

But I was not expecting a freaking 4x3 234 mm WITH 203 mm belt. That's a T12 goddammit.

Edited by Paladinum

3,698 posts
7,465 battles
12 minutes ago, Darkworld_2015 said:

I feel sad sad for Hindenburg

The feeling is mutual, captain

3,698 posts
7,465 battles
31 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

As long as they have the handling of a destroyer, I will like it.

Actual, meaningful balance: "I know I'm a joke to WG but that's some BS"

889 posts
3,805 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

From Dev Blog:

My first official tiering was good, and then I was off since I was influenced by some people saying that Hawkins can't be T5.

But I was not expecting a freaking 4x3 234 mm WITH 203 mm belt. That's a T12 goddammit.

Since WG decided that Hawkins can work at T5 so that's that. I still doubt how Hawkins would perform at T5 though. Her speed is only sufficient, her main guns were based on old models from armored cruisers built in early 1900s (even older than Yorck's venerable 210-mm rifles, though a similiar buff in ballistics performance is indeed possible) and her typical World War I-era configuration is obsolete. According to Navypedia even with electirc training and elevation the mounts remained cumbersome in use, both of the two problems remind me of the experience grinding Furutaka A-hull.

Four triple 234-mm! I remember that there were a design with three quadruple 234-mm guns when the British made their large cruiser study.

3,698 posts
7,465 battles

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I still doubt how Hawkins would perform at T5 though.

IT WAS YOUUUUUUUUUUU BY THE WAY!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Four triple 234-mm! I remember that there were a design with three quadruple 234-mm guns when the British made their large cruiser study.

That should be a super cruiser, not something in a tech tree line. And I thought putting an O-class as a cruiser is highly questionable.

WG always outdo themselves. Breaking promises, questionable tiering,...

Edited by Paladinum

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
781 posts
13,330 battles
19 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Pizza is fine.

Rule Brittania better.

Just don't let Max_Ferrari or Max_Pasta or whatever his name is, hear you saying this :Smile_hiding:

3,698 posts
7,465 battles

Me: "Venezia with 15 203 mm guns and 152 mm spaced belt is already too much"

WG: *reveal a 4x3 234 mm guns cruiser with 203 mm belt*

Me: :fish_boom:

Also the name Goliath! I'm not sure the naming convention (chosen by WG of course) is very consistent in this line. We have:
+ Hawkins - an RN captain
+ Devonshire - a British county, a location
Surrey - another British county, a location
+ Bedford - a British town/county, a location
+ Drake - an RN captain
+ Goliath - a mythical figure

All over the place! The T10 should be Lancaster!!! REEEEEEEEEEE-

The German and Italian cruiser lines have more consistent convention...

Edited by Paladinum

[SALT]
1,711 posts
9,983 battles

There NEP2 and MINOTOUR.

Uk naming convention is always more random than anyone else :Smile-_tongue:

3,698 posts
7,465 battles
Just now, humusz said:

Uk naming convention is always more random than anyone else :Smile-_tongue:

Do I have to remind you that many of the names (for unnamed designs) are chosen by WG themselves? :fish_glass:

[SALT]
1,711 posts
9,983 battles
26 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Do I have to remind you that many of the names (for unnamed designs) are chosen by WG themselves? :fish_glass:

from what I see, the TX light cruiser have myth names. if the heavies do the same wont it more consistent lol

and they often reuse name of historical old ship, like Siegfried, Fredy, Kurfurst, Izumo, Roon, Hindenburg. which what Navies like to do like there is 7 warship named Enterprise you know. and britsh new SSBN was named Dreadnaught, which actualy not the first sub named Dreadnaught lol. they have more name reboot than holywood

Edited by humusz

3,698 posts
7,465 battles
24 minutes ago, humusz said:

from what I see, the TX light cruiser have myth names. if the heavies do the same wont it more consistent lol

What even? The CL line has names of mythical figures then that the CL line's issue. And they are ALL historically named classes. We're talking about the CA line here.

'Goliath' doesn't fit. Period. :Smile_izmena:

It's not like they don't have enough names to continue the county/naval captain convention:
County: Berwick, Cornwall, Cumberland, Kent, and Suffolk. Devonshire, Shropshire and Sussex. Norfolk and Dorsetshire. Surrey, Northumberland.
Captain: Raleigh, Frobisher, Effingham, Cavendish.

Edited by Paladinum

[SALT]
1,711 posts
9,983 battles
24 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

What even? The CL line has names of mythical figures then that the CL line's issue. And they are ALL historically named classes. We're talking about the CA line here.

'Goliath' doesn't fit. Period.

It's not like they don't have enough names to continue the county/naval captain convention:
County: Berwick, Cornwall, Cumberland, Kent, and Suffolk. Devonshire, Shropshire and Sussex. Norfolk and Dorsetshire. Surrey, Northumberland.
Captain: Raleigh, Frobisher, Effingham, Cavendish.

Meh, from what I see. they random at naming.

There Drake class Armored Cruiser (heavy cruiser predacasor) too. and 4th ship in the class named....................Leviathan

4 ship in same class. named after Admiral, a Place, a King and Mythical Creature

yeah totaly not random, unprecedented WG mumbo jumbo :Smile-_tongue:

ps: also it maybe British flavor - Random names lol

Edited by humusz

3,698 posts
7,465 battles

I guess that the T9 would have b/w 52-58k HP, and the T10 62-70k HP. Look at 'em armor belt!

Reload time on the 203: 12-15s

Reload time on the 234: 18-24s

43 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Thanks @Paladinum .

I don't know what you thank me for but... okay?

50 minutes ago, humusz said:

ps: also it maybe British flavor - Random names lol

*look at Queen E-class, then look at 90% of the destroyer classes*

Edited by Paladinum

[SALT]
1,711 posts
9,983 battles
10 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

*look at Queen E-class, then look at 90% of the destroyer classes*

Here what I think

Admirality office is actualy a pub, where admirals get drunk and pick ship name by Throwing dart

then its all sudenly make sense

3,698 posts
7,465 battles
20 minutes ago, humusz said:

Here what I think

Admirality office is actualy a pub, where admirals get drunk and pick ship name by Throwing dart

then its all sudenly make sense

I think of it like this:

The British Admiralty is a group of gentlemen who drink tea and read various kinds of books, especially books on Greek mythology (and English dictionaries), and frequently say "This is a bloody good name for our new ships". 

Edited by Paladinum

[SALT]
1,711 posts
9,983 battles
4 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I think of it like this:

The British Admiralty is a group of gentlemen who drink tea and read various kinds of books, especially books on Greek mythology (and just English dictionaries), and frequently say "This is a bloody good name for our new ships". 

Sometimes in future they will be reading lovecraft book and say "hey chap, how cthulhu for that bloody carrier"

Sign in to follow this