You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
solarempress

What to do with CV in low tier?

14 comments in this topic

5 posts
558 battles

Sorry for my bad english

Hi, New player here 
Anyway, Today I was playing in the Bellerophon and our team have 2 BBs and 1 CA left, the other team only have 3 CVs and they proceed to stomp us into the ground before we even get into firing range.
What should I do in situation like these? 
Any tips are welcome 

Edited by solarempress

[ATLAS]
16 posts
13,140 battles

Tier 4 CVs in the current state is broken, especially with Hosho. Great strike potential with fast regenerating planes, on top of little to no AA on surface ships, you just bend your knees and kiss your *** goodbye if you're in that situation. My advice, quickly grind out of Tier 3 and 4 to Tier 5.

Edited by KevinFE8284

404 posts
3,047 battles

What you can do: 

- Use WG's rage venting system and take away their karma

- call them noob over chat despite knowing they can't cover you with patrol fighters

What you must do: 

- Discourage low tier CV players by not contributing to it 

- Try to work in groups and hope your collective AA is sufficient enough to shoot down a squadron or two

Edited by Stormcloak_Rebel
  • Cool 2

5 posts
558 battles
42 minutes ago, Stormcloak_Rebel said:

What you can do: 

- Use WG's rage venting system and take away their karma

- call them noob over chat despite knowing they can't cover you with patrol fighters

What you must do: 

- Discourage low tier CV players by not contributing to it 

- Try to work in groups and hope your collective AA is sufficient enough to shoot down a squadron or two

Well we try to group up but there is so much low tier AA can do against 3 strike group at once  :/

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
2,865 posts
14,563 battles

Recently came across this problem myself when I did some low tier games.

Someone suggested Orion (not a bad idea). I have Yubari (a partial solution) or you can Hill/Nicholas... but they can be T7ened...

I think there is no solution.

Get to the CVs fast and kill them I guess....?

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,116 posts
7,703 battles

3 CVs per team in a tier low tier match?

Umm.....

Spoiler

THIS DEVELOPMENT WAS HIGHLY IMPROBABLE MemeCenter.com Superman Clark Kent cartoon fictional character

[FORCE]
1,070 posts
10,066 battles

This is still pretty tame compared to the RTS versions though. Back then 2 CVs were enough to fill up the skies with more squadrons than the 3 CVs can put in the current patch. I'm not saying the current patch is fine for this case though.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,077 posts
9,417 battles

Unfortunately T4 CV's were overbuffed, especially Hosho.  They are too good for the tier.  Combine this with T8 and 10 being in many cases a bit underpowered, and relatively difficult to use well compared to other classes, and you have a perfect recipe for many CV captains going to T4 for the easy modes.

I am quite surprised some changes to Hosho didn't come with yesterday's patch.

• Cool 1

[TDA]
[TDA]
Alpha Tester
2,116 posts
7,703 battles
5 hours ago, Puggsley said:

That was nothing.......

Ha!

Were you able to bust through and make widows of carrier crew?

[MRI]
2,711 posts
12,994 battles
10 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Unfortunately T4 CV's were overbuffed, especially Hosho.  They are too good for the tier.  Combine this with T8 and 10 being in many cases a bit underpowered, and relatively difficult to use well compared to other classes, and you have a perfect recipe for many CV captains going to T4 for the easy modes.

Not to mention that the removal of the odd-tier CVs means people will need to spend nearly 2x as long grinding their T4 CVs.

Couple that with the NTC/RB pushing people to reset their grinds and the limited MM spread T4 CVs have, it is easy to see why there is a bottleneck of CVs at T4.

You have sealclubbers and statpadders taking advantage of overbuffed ships on top of legitimate players trying to complete their grinds which take nearly 2x as long, all stuffed into a class that sees only 3 tiers and that is meant to have the least representation in a match.