Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheURLguy

Update 0.8.8: Fourth Anniversary!

19 comments in this topic

[POI]
961 posts
9,671 battles

Looks great! can't wait to get' em all!

Will newly obtained ships after 0.8.8 goes live will have the anniversary gift on first win too?

Sorry didn't realise it is stated in the page

*You can get a bonus for each ship only once during Update 0.8.8. Victory Bonuses will also appear on ships purchased, bought back, or obtained from containers in Update 0.8.8.

Edited by Darkworld_2015

889 posts
3,793 battles

Will there be a discount on Researchable Tech-tree ships in credits?

Someone has put this question in the Chinese-speaking subforum recently.

3 posts
8,713 battles

1.So when will IZUMO get her conning tower?
Did no one of WG design team notice izumo doesnt have conning tower?
How can you guys at WG fix so many ships model and forget this one?

2.Why do FDG and Kurfurst spotter floatplane is place between 3rd and 4th turret?
Why not place it in the middle between the two smokestacks (where its supposed to be) like in bismarck where the crane actually exist in FDG and Kurfurst? 
The crane is in the middle of the ship but the plane is in the back of the ship, it doesnt make sense and no one in the design team notice this?

3. When are you guys gonna buff german BB or balance lower tier ship?
Honestly, playing Gneisenau and FDG in this new meta is just a suffering. these 2 ships are inconsistent and too situational.
About lower tier ship, I watch flambass video on youtube comparing Kawachi and South Carolina, its so unfair and feels stupid. 

• Cool 1

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,203 posts
6,234 battles
47 minutes ago, hirokie said:

Did no one of WG design team notice izumo doesnt have conning tower?
How can you guys at WG fix so many ships model and forget this one?

47 minutes ago, hirokie said:

2.Why do FDG and Kurfurst spotter floatplane is place between 3rd and 4th turret?
Why not place it in the middle between the two smokestacks (where its supposed to be) like in bismarck where the crane actually exist in FDG and Kurfurst? 
The crane is in the middle of the ship but the plane is in the back of the ship, it doesnt make sense and no one in the design team notice this?

LiTeRaLlY UnPlAyAbLe

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat
  • Funny 4

[LBAS]
Modder
5,894 posts
35,355 battles

So Bourgogne for Steel, Ohio for Research point, Thunderer for Coal

then Slava for Steel too or Research point?

Also wads up with Hayate Siegfried Emilio and the rest?

Give me an announcement for them

[_BST_]
Beta Tester
231 posts
6,341 battles

No fix on the MM, as usual, and....

ta-daaaa!~ 4 years have passed and no proper fix for it LOL 

3,675 posts
7,459 battles

WG release an update in a Tuesday instead of a Thursday or Friday. Has the world gone mad?

6 hours ago, hirokie said:

Ohmygosh, I wonder what is that very tall, phallic-looking structure in the middle of the ship is.

Spoiler

It's the conning tower. What the eff could it be?

5 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

research bureau for 100k point 

Make that 666666 :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Paladinum

889 posts
3,793 battles
22 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

WG release an update in a Tuesday instead of a Thursday or Friday. Has the world gone mad?

Ohmygosh, I wonder what is that very tall, phallic-looking structure in the middle of the ship is.

Hide contents

It's the conning tower. What the eff could it be?

Make that 666666 :Smile_honoring:

The conning tower is a heavily armoured cylinder placed inside or next to a warship's bridge structure that can protect the commanders aboard the ship from enemy fire when in battle. This argument refers to the fact that a heavily-armoured conning tower structure is missing on Izumo's tower-like bridge in-game.

Also the placement of light AA guns on Izumo's upgraded hull is also rather questionable. Someone has already posted in the Japanese-speaking subforum about the two issues and posted a more reasonable plastic model of "Izumo" in his post in August.

[BRO]
79 posts
5,887 battles

What is the point of releasing special camouflage for Ark Royal if you do not release the ship itself? Or did I miss something?

• Funny 1

3,675 posts
7,459 battles
1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The conning tower is a heavily armoured cylinder placed inside or next to a warship's bridge structure that can protect the commanders aboard the ship from enemy fire when in battle. This argument refers to the fact that a heavily-armoured conning tower structure is missing on Izumo's tower-like bridge in-game.

Also the placement of light AA guns on Izumo's upgraded hull is also rather questionable. Someone has already posted in the Japanese-speaking subforum about the two issues and posted a more reasonable plastic model of "Izumo" in his post in August.

It doesn't appear on the armor layout doesn't mean it isn't there on the 3D model. I mean... are you really gonna shoot at the conning tower of a ship in battle?

The ship has a phallus for the superstructure. This much I care about...

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,203 posts
6,234 battles
18 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

The conning tower is a heavily armoured cylinder placed inside or next to a warship's bridge structure that can protect the commanders aboard the ship from enemy fire when in battle.

Don't you mean Citadel?

This is the armoured citadel from the Missouri.

IMG_1125.JPG

889 posts
3,793 battles
5 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Don't you mean Citadel?

This is the armoured citadel from the Missouri.

IMG_1125.JPG

The correct name of such a structure is conning tower AFAIK.

Citadel should be the most heavily protected centre section of the hull housing the ship's vital machinery section and magazines, as approximately represented in-game. The famous design doctrine of "all or nothing" refers to the practice of reinforce the protection of the armored citadel to the most extent possible (and the citadel section should have enough reservation to keep the ship afloat) while discarding distributed protection scheme like upper armoured belt or very thick waterline armor belt.

1 post
228 battles

What does the triple benefits coupon mean? if i buy the 4,800 doubloons with the coupon sign does it mean ill get triple its value?

[CYB]
1 post

Bugs - shooting HE from smolensk to zao and registered 0 hits of any kind. Visually, most he looked like it went through the ship.

Same game; Smolensk 287 main hits, 1 fire. Something isn't right. If this is a nerf, I'd like my coal back =)

[TWR]
1,266 posts
4,759 battles

Several maps and Ports have been updated to utilize the reworked lighting model. In Update 0.8.8, we've enhanced the following maps: Ocean

How can we enjoy it when Ocean comes around less often than Halley's Comet?!  😛

2 posts
3,481 battles

I had only just ground out the Conqueror's 18inch guns not long ago and I had only played a few games with them. This is my first tier ten ship and something I had been looking forward to for a long time.

And then you take them away from me >_<

But don't worry, you plan to sell them back to me in the form of premium ship.........

I am not impressed and it was a pretty nasty shock to hop into a game and find the guns missing

Sign in to follow this