Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
XxxGr1ffinxxX

Where to go now

3 comments in this topic

[R_A_F]
54 posts
2,734 battles

So. If you seen my last topic, my laptop ha officially died.exe

It would be beneficial for me to have a pc (for schoolwork as well :Smile_trollface:)

Any suggestions for a mid range gaming PC, $1,500 kind of price range. My friend... has a pc, cant remember the name of it, but it has a pre good internal setup. GTX 1080Ti I believe. 480gb SSD. not bad but its OK. cant remember the rest

any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just not too sure whether or not to buy a car first (turning 16 next year, my own car would be beneficial) or a pc then a car

thanks! :)

[CNS-A]
21 posts
344 battles

Go with the board with a socket that supports wide range of CPU, even if you ought to pre-built PC (for upgradability purposes).

[-CAT-]
923 posts
8,314 battles

Go for an independent PC build, that way you can customize the PC hardware parts if one part breaks down or swap the hardware part if the part is outdated
Note: Monitor, Case, Mouse, and Keyboard not Included in here.

Intel Semi-Budget Gameing Build

Motherboard: Z390 (Overclock or No Overclock, the board will do the job)

Budget Processor: Core i5 8th gen 8600 (If you plan to overclock, go with 8600K)
If you want the latest, go with the 9th gen 9600 (9600K for overclock)
Note: You can upgrade to i7 or i9 later if you have extra cash
Note: If you will go for an overclock CPU, get a beefy cooler or liquid cool the processor.

Nvidia VGA: 1080 is good, but if budget is a issue 1070 will work just fine.
Note: Like the processor, you can upgrade to 20 series later if you have extra cash

Power supply: 750 watt power supply will suffice if you only have 1 VGA (with room to spare for future upgrades or salvage the PSU for future PC builds)

SSD: 256 or 512 GB - M.2 NVME (for programs only)
HDD: 1 or 2 TB (for storage)
Note: You can buy 1 TB of SSD if you want to be both programs and storage, but its gonna cost you and punch a hole in your wallet.

RAM: 2 x 8 GB RAM will suffice for now (Can be upgraded to 2 x 16 GB or 2 x 32 GB later if needed)

AMD Semi-Budget Build (Ask around before attempting to build)
Note: AMD is still hot compared to Intel, but AMD can out perform intel if built correctly. If your PC is inside a cool air conditioned room, it will be much better.
Note: Also go with propriety liquid cooler like Corsair, NVXT, etc. It helps to cool the processor better.

Motherboard: X570 (Overclock or No Overclock, the board will do the job)

Budget Processor: Ryzen 5 2nd gen 2600 (If you plan to overclock, go with 2600X)
If you want the latest, go with the 3rd gen 3600 (3600X for overclock)
Note: You can upgrade to Ryzen 7 later if you have extra cash
Note: Ryzen 9 has 12 cores. Ask around before attempting to build. If you dont plan to use so much cores, Ryzen 5 or 7 will suffice.

VGA, Power Supply, and Storage: Same as above.

Toyota's are reliable and repairable (especially 90's and early 2000's). Just take good care of it, "religiously" change the engine and transmission oil, and do proper maintenance, your car will last atleast 20 years. (30 if it is a manual transmission) Assuming its city or road driving only.

Since you are still young, a 2nd hand car is very beneficial. If you got into an accident, you will not feel the extreme pain of seeing your new car's paint scratched or new car's body dent. :Smile_Default:
Plus it can either be a beater car if you don't plan to use it for long (just for daily commute and learn what or how to do things incase of accidents or breakdown), or take good care of it until it finally gives up due to old age.

Cheers

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this