You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
detonate_me_daddy

The top players in the ranking on Hall of Fame....will the lads at WG asia do something about botters?

44 comments in this topic

[KAMI]
1,221 posts
11,070 battles
1 hour ago, Ero_Doujin_Daisuki said:

k8yt7iyvd2m31.png

While the second player's account is private Im sure Wargaming can look into his stats and see if he is botting or not.

2nd player profile is not private anymore

Edited by Gummilicious

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles

This is what people have been going on about for months yet action is slow. Unless you do not sleep, it is impossible for people to rack up that many decent games. The only way to do it are:

1) Play terrible short games in random - pisses off people
2) Play equally as terrible short games in co-op - pisses off people equally
3) Multi-user account continuously playing terrible quality games - pisses off people continuously
4) Automated scripted players - pisses off people automatically

I have frequently seen such no quality play players in coop and have always wondered HTF can they manage to top the scoreboard if they are playing such poorly scoring games. The maths does not add up. Even with my attempt to play quality coop games, it would take a lot of games and time to reach that many points; much less someone who plays like garbage.

• Cool 7

[_BST_]
Beta Tester
231 posts
6,341 battles

They cannot even fix the problem on their stupid stat-wise MM, how much more they can fix this bot problem lmao.

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
781 posts
13,330 battles

During past events I have managed to get to Top spot on the leader board a few times, but usually just in the top 10 or so.

It was darn hard work trying to play the best I could to get the best result, to get the most points for the leader board. Plus trying to do this game after game after game, gets very tiring.

I would take a break for lunch or quit game and come back the next day and someone who wasn't even in the top 100 before has suddenly shot out to a completely absurd unassailable lead. 

Having had the supreme misfortune of having some of these players, who regularly get hugely ridiculous scores on the leader board, on my team in coop previously. Well in the words of Flamu, highly questionable. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 3

[-CAT-]
913 posts
8,297 battles

Can't enjoy a decent game anymore when there is 1, 2, even 3 bots (scripted players / bot hack) per game. Random, Co-op, and Ranked.

Mostly on T5 to T10.

Same goes to the opponent team, when they have bots (scripted players / bot hacks) in their team.

"sigh" -_-

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MRI]
2,717 posts
13,012 battles

WG just doesn't care.

I mean 1,000 games a week equates to over 100 games a day. That is obviously a bot or multiple people using one account, both against the rules.

If it is legitimately one person playing, then it means he is yolo rushing every game, which can be considered griefing, also against the rules.

If he is playing normally, then it means he is playing for almost 24hrs each day. That is obviously not healthy, so for that player's own safety his account should be suspended. That might save his life.

So come on WG, do something about this. You can make the game environment better and at the very least prevent the death of some shut-in.

Don't you care about the lives of your players? Or is that too much effort for you?

• Cool 6

[FORCE]
1,081 posts
10,066 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

I mean 1,000 games a week equates to over 100 games a day.

And 100 games a day equates at least 16 hours of 10 minute games. Color me impressed they have yet to blow up their rigs.

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles
[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

Perhaps WG do it on purpose?

I mean if they own the bots...

1/ Makes their game look more popular than it really is.

2/ Their bots take all the top prizes so they don't have to give as many prizes to their players.

Obviously I jest but the outcome is the same.. player base getting screwed over.

[SH0T]
1,158 posts
11,077 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

Ive heard rumors about that, makes you wonder if its true when you look at any given team and their WR's are mostly well below 50%.

[SALT]
1,711 posts
9,983 battles

The game is 3 years old (?)

The bots problem is also 3 years old

Community know it, WG know it

conclusion is WG dont give a sheet

[LBAS]
1,473 posts
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

multiple people using one account,

7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

against the rules

:Smile_hiding:

[LBAS]
Modder
5,910 posts
35,385 battles

still too many of them, how far from the top to the bottom

shot-19.09.12_21.43.00-0916.jpg

shot-19.09.12_22.24.16-0187.jpg

Edited by MatterCore

[O7]
71 posts
8 hours ago, keskparane said:

Perhaps WG do it on purpose?

I mean if they own the bots...

2/ Their bots take all the top prizes so they don't have to give as many prizes to their players.

Obviously I jest but the outcome is the same.. player base getting screwed over.

It is highly possible the developers are doing it on purpose, particularly item number 1. 

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,204 posts
6,253 battles

Well it looks like Sub_Octavian has let the reddit community know that action has been taken and thee top players in the HOF are all gone now.  The current top players as far as I have checked have all proper playing patterns and the stats you should see in the top HOF players.

Still crickets and tumbleweeds blowing in here from Asia management?  

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles

Honestly, I doubt these people care about the rewards but it does deprive those that play properly of their achievements. That is why I am for one a proponent that player stats should not be hidden. At least the community can highlight obvious cases that should be impossible to achieve if it were a human player. 

To put things in perspective (because I haven't been actively playing for the last few months), for a coop T10 win it is 40 points. To get 30,000 points (over a week) in coop just on wins alone you need (scribble scribble) 750 wins in coop, ie approximately 100+ matches in a single day, which works out to be about 4+ matches PER HOUR without stop. Without sleep, food, toilet breaks. This is based on playing quality games. Obviously from the player statistics, there is nothing "quality" about the games they play. Which leads me to the second point: yes they can achieve it with less matches (great random/co-op matches) but from the player statistics, it cannot be the case.

I know there are some crazy coop players that can achieve the HoF but these people I have met in game and seen the effort they put into their games. Their player statistics support their efforts.

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles

@dejiko_nyo In all fairness though it's unlikely for a coop game to last more than 10 mins so 4 an hour is easy. Hardest bit about getting points in coop is beating other players to the kill but if you need essentially guaranteed points then it's a good way to do it. Trade off is 1 good game in random can earn you the equivalent of about 9 coop games.

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,204 posts
6,253 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

@dejiko_nyo In all fairness though it's unlikely for a coop game to last more than 10 mins so 4 an hour is easy. Hardest bit about getting points in coop is beating other players to the kill but if you need essentially guaranteed points then it's a good way to do it. Trade off is 1 good game in random can earn you the equivalent of about 9 coop games.

But putting it perspective that's 4 games an hour, every hour for 7 days straight without a break if we were looking at the original leader.

Take out 8 hours a day for work, then 8 hours for sleep, 2 hours for eating/showering etc and maybe a few more if people have a life.    it gets a bit unrealistic then.

[O7]
2,675 posts
17,680 battles
7 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

But putting it perspective that's 4 games an hour, every hour for 7 days straight without a break if we were looking at the original leader.

Take out 8 hours a day for work, then 8 hours for sleep, 2 hours for eating/showering etc and maybe a few more if people have a life.    it gets a bit unrealistic then.

But we are talking outliers. During Fire & Water I put in full time days. I could do 50 games in a day and would have done more if required (I wouldn't do that anymore though). Make it coop and it wouldn't be hard to at least double that number. 750 in a week is achievable playing coop if you have the means and desire.

[HMAS_]
2,006 posts
14,004 battles
9 hours ago, ArmoredFrost said:

It is highly possible the developers are doing it on purpose, particularly item number 1. 

It seems at times they have trouble balancing new ships, premium ships & tech tree ships, let alone bot accounts, so do you honestly believe your own statement ? 

3acag2.jpg

[TDA]
Super Tester
5,204 posts
6,253 battles
39 minutes ago, keskparane said:

But we are talking outliers. During Fire & Water I put in full time days. I could do 50 games in a day and would have done more if required (I wouldn't do that anymore though). Make it coop and it wouldn't be hard to at least double that number. 750 in a week is achievable playing coop if you have the means and desire.

I would rather stab my own eyes with knitting needles than repetitively play boats that much.

• Funny 2

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
781 posts
13,330 battles
20 hours ago, MatterCore said:

I just now, once again had the supreme misfortune of having "Mr. Account number 2" in a coop battle.

If this dude isn't a bot I will eat something that will cause me great harm and distress and highly likely a slow extremely painful death. I had more situational awareness after 10 games.

As soon as I saw the name I was watching him like a hawk. Ship follows me and sails basically a complete straight line. Targets the first ship it can and only fires at that ship until it dies. Never targets the imminent threat of the Donskoi which is about to torp his ass, just keeps firing at the one distant ship. Never adjusts course or speed. Then at the end of the battle last 3 enemies are sailing south to our undefended cap and we all turn around as these are the only ships left. Mr bot keeps sailing north on same course for some reason and never recognises the only enemies left are capping our base. 

I will let you all guess which ship they were sailing...…. :Smile-_tongue:

2087950701_totallynotabot.thumb.jpg.34c01637f8363dfbb089b790072d3bbf.jpg

[TLS]
3,074 posts
18,492 battles
20 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

OM NOM NOM

Exactly my points. I frequently see this sort of behaviour. Cowardice behaviour you can easily recognize and say 'BAH! Chicken!' but these ones are like 'WTF?! Not even a completely stupid player does this. Hell, even the AI bots don't play like that..." That level of performance deserves nothing. IMHO, scoring should be a percentage of XP instead.

• Cool 2