Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

enterprise taken off shelves?

25 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
5,219 posts
21,858 battles

just checked the prem shop and i dont see her anywhere, but saipan, kaga and zep are still here, was there any announcement about this recently that i missed?

Edited by drakon233

428 posts
5,194 battles
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

just checked the prem shop and i dont see her anywhere, but saipan, kaga and zep are still here, was there any announcement about this recently that i missed?

Unfortunately, no. The first I knew about it was from Yuro's discord server. Enterprise just disappeared.

@GOMBEE8626: If I may be so bold to presume you know about it, why is Enterprise being pulled from the shop? Is it re-balancing or something?

Enterprise, if you're trying to play Grey Ghost, don't. Lots of guys with thick wallets here want to lay their hands all over your hull... oh wait, that did not come out right.

2,704 posts
6,451 battles

Yes you missed WG's non-existent announcement.

[REPOI]
5,219 posts
21,858 battles

i mean i've been eyeing her for a while now and when i finally scraped up enough cash to get her

well

[TDA]
Super Tester
4,731 posts
5,544 battles

I'm glad I won it so it can sit in port and not be played alongside the GZ, and Saipan I won.

4fb5ac805baed5314452389c9572c51c.jpg

• Funny 1

[MRI]
2,128 posts
11,681 battles

Interesting. Maybe it is for rebalancing?

Imo out of all the CVs the Enterprise was the least affected by all the CV nerfs, thanks to her plane regen rate.

[TROLL]
404 posts
3,047 battles

WG's marketing strategy: 

1. Make a dry dock video of a ship highlighting all the intricate detailing

2. Create and/or Increase the desire to buy among fanbase

3. Remove the ship from premium store

4. Profit??? 

Well done, WGing

when-you-dont-want-people-knowing-that-youve-made-a-48113744.jpg.3995bb32c0ac4898aa0510de4dd38182.jpg

428 posts
5,194 battles

MrConway from EU came with this explanation on this matter:
unknown.png

• Funny 1

[MRI]
2,128 posts
11,681 battles
35 minutes ago, TD1 said:

MrConway from EU came with this explanation on this matter:
unknown.png

"Fluctuations in her combat efficiency" aka may be overpowered?:Smile_trollface:

[PATEN]
Video Contributor, Clantest Coordinator
2,480 posts
12,169 battles

maybe :Smile_veryhappy:

USS_Enterprise_CVN-80_artist_depiction.jpg

428 posts
5,194 battles
5 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

"Fluctuations in her combat efficiency" aka may be overpowered?:Smile_trollface:

I mean, considering she is the easiest carrier of the four premium CVs to use  (fast plane regen and all) it may not be off the stretch by far.

[REPOI]
5,219 posts
21,858 battles
3 hours ago, TD1 said:

I mean, considering she is the easiest carrier of the four premium CVs to use  (fast plane regen and all) it may not be off the stretch by far.

currently, tier for tier she is one of the best

[HMNZ]
326 posts
5,250 battles
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

currently, tier for tier she is one of the best

so if one was to "dip" a CV into the water for the first time, would you recommend starting with this ship in Co-op?

Edited by Otago_F111

[TDA]
607 posts
3,029 battles

It's gone back to the future 🙂

[

428 posts
5,194 battles
8 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

so if one was to "dip" a CV into the water for the first time, would you recommend starting with this ship in Co-op?

She is the most newbie-friendly of the 4 Premium CVs, ahead of Kaga (mainly because Enterprise can regenerate her planes very fast, while Kaga relies on a massive upfront reserve to do that). So yes, it might be the best to start CV play with if you have her.

• Cool 1

[SH0T]
1,012 posts
10,725 battles
13 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Impossible!!!!!!!!

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
891 posts
8,665 battles
19 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Impossible!!!!!!!!

The issue is how Enterprise's strengths interact with the AA rework.  Her fast regen and large deck reserves, combined with planes that aren't actually that much lower in health than other same tier CV's means that she is much more capable of taking the significantly increased losses that the AA rework has introduced.  This means that she hasn't lost anywhere near as much power as other CV's with the AA rework, so relative to other T8 CV's she will perform much better.

CV intra-class balance, which was quite good in 0.8.3, is now a bit of a mess.  Some CV's are very weak, some are too strong (eg Enterprise, Hosho).  The issue is that Enterprise is a premium, and they chose to sell the T8 premium CV's way too early considering the huge amount of CV changes we have seen since they were put back on sale in 0.8.2.

WG seem to have misjudged how their AA changes would effect CV's.  In 0.8.7 they buffed the hit points of low health, high regen CV's like Enterprise and Kaga significantly, while leaving high health, low regen CV's like Saipan the same.  Since the AA rework already favours high regen, what they have done is hugely mitigated the main weakness of high regen CV's.  This has thrown CV intra-class balance out of whack more than if they'd done no health changes at all.  Some of these affected ships being premiums adds another significant complication.

• Cool 1

516 posts
1,474 battles
On 9/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, Paladinum said:

Yes you missed WG's non-existent announcement.

That was WG's "new announcement",   only the smart people could see it.

[TLS]
1,844 posts
17,604 battles

The GZ Fiasco II: Sinking Democracy.

Beginning to sound like a movie franchise and its sequels.

8 months (and 12 months after announcement, 10 months after preliminary testing that was an abject failure), we have an unwanted and unneeded "rebalance" of a class that still has no firm destination in sight. Much like how your rudder is jammed after being hit, except in this case damagecon cannot even repair it. 

Especially after reading the snippets about "priorities" in the Q&A, I really am disgusted?/disappointed?/incredulous?/<insert choice of verb here> at how they are allocating their resources and wasting it on pointless endeavours. 

[SH0T]
1,012 posts
10,725 battles
18 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The GZ Fiasco II: Sinking Democracy.

Beginning to sound like a movie franchise and its sequels.

8 months (and 12 months after announcement, 10 months after preliminary testing that was an abject failure), we have an unwanted and unneeded "rebalance" of a class that still has no firm destination in sight. Much like how your rudder is jammed after being hit, except in this case damagecon cannot even repair it. 

Especially after reading the snippets about "priorities" in the Q&A, I really am disgusted?/disappointed?/incredulous?/<insert choice of verb here> at how they are allocating their resources and wasting it on pointless endeavours. 

Especially since the port UI has worse performance than an Atari 2600.

2,704 posts
6,451 battles
41 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

*snipped*

I can already see the launch of the submarines (naval joke, get it?) going more smoothly than CV rework.

WG, I like your game, but sometimes you, as a collective, do not know when to stop doing something. Many things you did is overdone or underdone. So many things, it makes me so frustrated.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
1,844 posts
17,604 battles
2 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I can already see the launch of the submarines (naval joke, get it?) going more smoothly than CV rework.

That would be:

The GZ Fiasco 3: Sinking Feeling.

[SH0T]
1,012 posts
10,725 battles
On 9/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, drakon233 said:

Pity they didnt take the rest of the CV trash with them.......

Typical, cant rely on WG to do anything right!

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this